All That Crap About Your Family

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Apr 05, 2010 on DirecTV

Damages' third season started off on fire, but like any fire things eventually sizzle down and the show has gone from really good to just great. The final scene with a HITMAN! showing up made the episode for me. That felt reminiscent of the good old days of Damages, as did reliving all the classic scenes during the filming of the movie. Do you think you'll remember any particular scene from this episode by next week? Probably not, but the fact that you remember things from 2007 speaks volumes about where the show once was and where it is now.

I am looking forward to seeing how it all unravels in the season finale in deux weeks, but the show is capable of so much better than this.
  • best of the season!

This was a superb episode and the best of the season. Great twists, unexpected moves, shocking deaths, and fantastic character moments. It was great to see David again, and the confrontation between Patty and Tom was well played. His "have you ever lied to me?" --touche! I'm still not sure if I like having Frobisher around when his storyline doesn't tie in at all, but as a standalone arc, it's been pretty interesting, and took a "dark" turn in this episode.

This episode showed all that is so great about this show, and really sets us up for a great final two of the season!