TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Damages Forums

DirecTV (ended 2012)

Episode Discussion: Look What I Dug Up This Time. 2x12 (Mar 25)

TesserT

[1]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 79
    Let's discuss this week's episode Look what I Dug Up This Time here.

from FX: Ellen convinces the FBI to radically change their approach in the investigation. Meanwhile, Daniel Purcell re-enters Patty's life and becomes critical to her case against UNR.

Anyone care to hazard a guess who'll say the title line this week?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RAYcluse

[2]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 10
    Ever since I found ou the title of this episode I pictured Ellen would say it. But that's just as good a guess as any.

FCBarca

[3]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 15

Another terrific episode and I didn't see the Purcell thing unfolding the way it did...I was certain that UNR killed his wife but FOR him rather than first trying to cover it up and then to actually finish it off...Didn't see that coming at all...Double twist, typical of Damages eh?

Ellen not getting killed in the woods?...Then trying to 'flip' Tom?...Didn't see that scenario with Tom coming, surprising turn of events...Then to get fired, again?

Epic finale awaits, can't wait for it!

Arkadios13

[4]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 2
    Anyone got any idea when the next episode will be aired?

becky677

[5]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 17
    I love this show and I have no idea when it will be back on but I will google and see what I can find.

haldrey

[6]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 22
    Everything Damages have a double twist, that is one of the things that make this show so awsome. The next and season finale will be aired April 1 according to MSN.

RAYcluse

[7]Mar 31, 2009
    • level: 10

So having rewatched all the episodes from season 2 (so far) I'm starting to see things clearly. One thing I know for sure is that Glenn Close is winning another Emmy. Those last two episodes could have gone way too campy but she made them genuine.

As far as everything else that is unclear, that list is much longer. So...Tom and Ellen are going to work together? Or is Tom going to try and sabatoge the revenge plans? I don't usually care about Tom, but when the FBI had to take him in when his wife was giving birth to his son...they couldn't wait? I don't understand how that makes sense. It could have been after his son was born, when he was even more vulnerable. Maybe my sense of time is off and they needed him that quickly. It still seems harsh just to bring him in to hurl false accusations at him.

In one of the flashfowards in an early episode, someone (I don't want to just assume it was Patty) brings in a briefcase and Ellen says, "Is that the money?" so I can only guess that's the money to bribe Judge Oliver that Ellen is seen leaving with after the shooting. So...what is Ellen doing with a briefcase full of money?

Am I the only one who feels sympathetic for Patty? She's going to bribe a judge, but everyone she trusts is leaving her, and Ellen is the only one left. Patty is going to have to get Tom back or somehow make her relationship with Ellen not so vindictive.

And Phil's a Douchebag. That's all. This finale better be good. But the more I try to figure out what happened the more skeptical I get. I just can't wait until I see the finale. I haven't been this anxious since the season 1 finale.