Damages Forums

DirecTV (ended 2012)

horrible show

buffyangel4evr_

[21]Jan 27, 2010
    • level: 20
    Damages is one of the most brilliantly written and acted dramas on the air today. True, some people may get bored or lost, the viewer really has to pay attention and not miss an episode. If you're one for lots of "action" then it's not for you. The brilliance comes from the interplay between the characters and the twists and turns. I have to say this is also one of the most intelligently written shows as well. It really is a shame the original poster could not even stick with it until the season finale.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Widget_

[22]Mar 1, 2010
    • level: 4

breezy2281 wrote:
    i lost interest less than halfway through it but kept watching in hopes it would get better. a few eps later i was so bored i wasn't even paying attention and did all i could do to stay awake. it was repetitious and never had much that was new and it was dragged out. eventually i couldn't even finish the end of the first season because i couldn't stand it anymore.

breezy2281 profile:

:
    ABOUT ME
    breezy2281

name: breezy2281

my story:
    i am a 23 year old lesbian from N.Y. my favorite shows are Xena Warrior Princess, i am a HUGE fan of that show... The L Word, Saving Grace, The Closer, CSI, Law and Order SVU, Desperate Housewives, Bad Girls (a British show about female prison inmates on the Logo channel), and a lot more.

LMFAO

fatjoez

[23]Mar 31, 2010
    • level: 1
    LOL...

filmstu2005

[24]Apr 5, 2010
    • level: 7

Widget_ wrote:

breezy2281 wrote:
    i lost interest less than halfway through it but kept watching in hopes it would get better. a few eps later i was so bored i wasn't even paying attention and did all i could do to stay awake. it was repetitious and never had much that was new and it was dragged out. eventually i couldn't even finish the end of the first season because i couldn't stand it anymore.

breezy2281 profile:

:
    ABOUT ME
    breezy2281

name: breezy2281

my story:
    i am a 23 year old lesbian from N.Y. my favorite shows are Xena Warrior Princess, i am a HUGE fan of that show... The L Word, Saving Grace, The Closer, CSI, Law and Order SVU, Desperate Housewives, Bad Girls (a British show about female prison inmates on the Logo channel), and a lot more.

LMFAO

ROTFLMFAO LOL wow...I guess that explains why she was interested in Damages in the first place, and then lost interest once she realized it wasn't THAT kind of show.....

Edited on 04/05/2010 9:51pm
    Edited 2 total times.

dixiedragon54

[25]Jul 16, 2011
    • level: 1

Wow -- I'd never even HEARD of Damages until yesterday and I found an online link to all the previous episodes and have not left my computer - I am in Season 2 right now and sooooooo remember One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest when Nurse Ratchett accepted her Oscar "Thank you all for hating me so much" THAT is how I feel about these characters. They are all so BRILLIANTLY developed that your heart just squeezes tight, your stomach turns and in some instances (When Patti's son introduced his "girl" friend) you just want to cheer LOLOL. It's so scarey to think that this many marriages and relationships are disfunctional with all the cheating that goes on or do powerful women/men just not satisfy one another sexually? if ever LOLOL

So sorry you don't l like it and it IS something that requires a taste for legal drama and character development but the writers are ASTOUNDING in the depth and breadth of the roles they build and they don't screw up by forgetting that a character did something totally different two week earlier -- great editing - but I am just crazy about this program!

blackmage8472

[26]Jul 17, 2011
    • level: 15

dixiedragon54 wrote:

Wow -- I'd never even HEARD of Damages until yesterday and I found an online link to all the previous episodes and have not left my computer - I am in Season 2 right now and sooooooo remember One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest when Nurse Ratchett accepted her Oscar "Thank you all for hating me so much" THAT is how I feel about these characters. They are all so BRILLIANTLY developed that your heart just squeezes tight, your stomach turns and in some instances (When Patti's son introduced his "girl" friend) you just want to cheer LOLOL. It's so scarey to think that this many marriages and relationships are disfunctional with all the cheating that goes on or do powerful women/men just not satisfy one another sexually? if ever LOLOL

So sorry you don't l like it and it IS something that requires a taste for legal drama and character development but the writers are ASTOUNDING in the depth and breadth of the roles they build and they don't screw up by forgetting that a character did something totally different two week earlier -- great editing - but I am just crazy about this program!

That's close to exactly how I feel. I think these characters are brilliant, even the ones you hate are brilliant. Just wait until season 3, Martin Short plays a sleazy attorney that you're bound to hate and yet... And man did I hate John Doman's character in Damages, but he was a brilliant character.

I tend to see Patty as a bit of hero though. Sure she'll lie, cheat, steal, and kill small dogs to get her way... but does it to win. They talk about it more in season 2 and 3 about why she goes after who she does. She's a power player in a word of power players and she's simply playing by the same rules.

haldrey

[27]Jul 24, 2011
    • level: 22
    I though that the firsts seasons of this show were brilliant but I have to say the current season is dreadful, dreadfully brilliant. This is a show that can not be watched and do other things, it requires your full attention. If you do that you will see the greatness of this show.