Damages Forums

DirecTV (ended 2012)

Official Discussion: They Had to Tweeze That Out of My Kidney 2x08 (Feb 25)

TesserT

[1]Feb 24, 2009
    • level: 81
    Discuss this week's episode They Had to Tweeze That Out of My Kidney here.

from FX: As she copes with mounting pressure, Patty begins to unravel Walter Kendrick's energy scheme. Meanwhile, Arthur Frobisher's past will come back to haunt him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FCBarca

[2]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 15

Looking forward to the episode as I do each week...I've honestly given up trying to predict much anymore as the twists & turns are almost 'Lost'-like, leaving me lost.

Love Ted Danson and appreciate the role Frobisher has in this series but reeeeaally hoping Ellen takes the dude down

MistaC87

[3]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 18
    So Ellen shoots Patty...awesome.

trickster381

[4]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 6

I thought that too but it just seems so obvious. Maybe Patty and Ellen had the convo and then Patty left and someone else came.

Or maybe. You know how her sleep pills make her see things. Maybe she was just imaginating this like she did with David.

DygitalNinja

[5]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 11
    I doubt Ellen will actually harm Patti (that would make season 3 pretty difficult) The gunshot is probably something unrelated Remember last season, the show used those flash forwards to trick us most of the time

RAYcluse

[6]Feb 26, 2009
    • level: 10

So...this episode had so much happening. I'm trying to remember all we found out but I'm sure something will get lost in the shuffle.

So the energy scheme is just a way to artificially increase stock prices? This is pretty juicy. Especially since it's what a lot of people think happened with oil prices. But Phil buying UNR stock? I'm sure Claire Maddox will just use that aginast Patty and make it sound like some insider trading bull. I wish he didn't do that. Tom talking to that call girl made me pretty skeptical. Why was he cracking all those suggestive one liners? That's not Tom. Then again Tom gives Ellen a gun 3 months later so maybe it is.

I'm so glad they finally addressed Patty's father. She mentioned it a few times last season but now we're getting into what kind of person he was. I wonder what the specifics are, but I'm sure they'll come to light eventually. The one thing that bothered me is that when Ellen and Patrick (after Uncle Pete died) called, I don't know which one Patty was talking to. Was it Patrick or Ellen? Ellen was definently calling Patty, but we don't know who Patrick was talking to. Would Patty really kill the only man she ever trusted? This makes Patty's involvment in Ellen's attempted murder much harder to swallow. It harkens to the phone issue last season when Uncle Pete just said "it's done". But to who?

I don't think Ellen will kill Patty because (despite the obvious reason that the show would end) we don't know what was in the folder. It could maybe prove Patty's innocence and Ellen just wants to show her how un-trust worthy her goons are for trying to kill Ellen behind Patty's back. Plus, she said the gun she had wasn't loaded, and when she shoots it she says "I lied too". Was she talking about shooting Patty, or whoever, or just that the gun was actually loaded? I'm hoping she shoots Patrick. He tried to kill her. And he should have stayed dead with that knife in his gut.

This season is starting to get really intense. I can't wait to figure out what happened here. And I have a feeling they're going to start using more flashfowards now that we have just 5 episodes left.

R.I.P. Uncle Pete

RAYcluse

[7]Feb 26, 2009
    trickster381 wrote:

I thought that too but it just seems so obvious. Maybe Patty and Ellen had the convo and then Patty left and someone else came.

Or maybe. You know how her sleep pills make her see things. Maybe she was just imaginating this like she did with David.

I never thought about her hallucinations. That's a good theory. We do know someone eventually meets Ellen because they bring a briefcase of money (I believe it was said to be money. I forgot which episode).

Truman_Burbank

[8]Feb 26, 2009
    • level: 12

MistaC87 wrote:

Um, how do you know that for sure?

RAYcluse wrote:
    The one thing that bothered me is that when Ellen and Patrick (after Uncle Pete died) called, I don't know which one Patty was talking to. Was it Patrick or Ellen? Ellen was definently calling Patty, but we don't know who Patrick was talking to.

Actually, yeah, we do. I think you just didn't pay enough attention.

The editing was deliberately confusing, but Patrick clearly says the name Mikey, the guy who then picks him up. And as he's getting in the car, he says: "Let's go before his boss finds out", which means Patty wasn't involved.

haldrey

[9]Feb 28, 2009
    • level: 22
    Patty was answering Ellen call so I believe she is not responsible for Uncle Pete death. Patty will do anything to win a case but not to the extent of being responsible for the death of someone so dear to her. Also I do not think that Ellen is the one shooting Patty, they established that her gun is not loaded, The plot thickens.

RAYcluse

[10]Feb 28, 2009
    Truman_Burbank wrote:

MistaC87 wrote:

Um, how do you know that for sure?

RAYcluse wrote:
    The one thing that bothered me is that when Ellen and Patrick (after Uncle Pete died) called, I don't know which one Patty was talking to. Was it Patrick or Ellen? Ellen was definently calling Patty, but we don't know who Patrick was talking to.

Actually, yeah, we do. I think you just didn't pay enough attention.

The editing was deliberately confusing, but Patrick clearly says the name Mikey, the guy who then picks him up. And as he's getting in the car, he says: "Let's go before his boss finds out", which means Patty wasn't involved.

After finally rewatching it I see you're right! Serves me right for watching it at 3:00 in the morning after night shift. The lines Patrick says are slightly confusing (along with the cuts) but I put captions on and instead of "boss finds out" it reads "Patty" so he WAS NOT calling Patty. But I wouldn't put it past the writers to implicate Patty in this. I wouldn't be surprised either. She would never let him talk.

steveuk2010

[11]Mar 1, 2009
    • level: 7
    Another good episode the plot thickens cant wait for the remaining episodes. Regarding the ellen shooting patty i dont think itll turn out to be patty as would they reveal it this early with 5 episodes still remaining. I think whatevers in that file gets patty out of the chair and its someone else in it when she pulls the trigger

FCBarca

[12]Mar 1, 2009
    • level: 15
    Phenomenal episode...So many layers to the show and the acting is, ofcourse, unreal