Damages Forums

DirecTV (ended 2012)

Official Discussion Thread - S2E06: "A Pretty Girl in a Leotard"

FCBarca

[1]Feb 15, 2009
    • level: 15

Synopsis -

Patty wages a media war against Walter Kendrick, whom she believes to be responsible for Christine Purcell's murder. Meanwhile, Ellen gets a step closer to tying Frobisher to David's murder.

Another strong episode with yet more and more twists/turns...I do have a couple of observations that 'bother' me.

The guy who lived in Ellen's old building that dropped off the package for Ellen claimed to have not known how to get in touch with her after the murder...Yet, wasn't he in direct contact with Patty Hewes?...Wouldn't that have made it easy for him to have gotten the package to Ellen?...Seems like they glossed over that connection leaving it a bit uneven for me.

Seeing David's sister back and as 'dumb' as ever leads me to think she's going to get killed...finally.

Interesting to see Frobisher being brought back into the mix, killing two birds with one stone eh?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

generalbrent

[2]Feb 15, 2009
    • level: 15
    Quite a good episode - better than the last few. I'm liking the connections to season 1, whilst still making season 2 its own season. I wonder how the show will progress in years to come - will it still dwell on Frobisher and Davids death etc, or will it move on?

DygitalNinja

[3]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 11
    really they thought they could turn Pete, and that plan to sting the most badass lawyer ever

She'd obviously be able to clear Pete of a petty rackettering charge

As far as the show in the future, I'm more concerned about the state of the Patti/Ellen relationship and how that comes to a head this season...the show can't really go on without both characters...so are they going to reconcile somehow or will they be more openly at war in season 3

RAYcluse

[4]Feb 19, 2009
    • level: 10
    Well since the latest episode isn't up yet, I'll just talk about the one I missed. Can we just say Arthur Frosbisher hasn't been wasted? They kept him around but they made sure he wasn't around just to please the fans of him. And Katie Connor's cop stalker getting killed? Shocker! That bearded detective is getting sloppy. I have a feeling Patty and him might start working together. We all know she has shady people in her life. And exactlly when does Ellen have time to kill someone, take a shower, and think Wes is coming back after telling him to be gone before she got back? This flashback has so much happening, and I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
    DygitalNinja wrote:
    ...so are they going to reconcile somehow or will they be more openly at war in season 3

I think the obvious root is that they'll become so attached to each other with their lies, that once they realize the truth about one another they'll have no choice but to work together to cut out the Feds. If one goes down, so will the other. And at that point Ellen or Patty will do something to the other and the cycle will continue. Either way, I have a feeling Patty and Ellen will have to work closely together eventually. Especially since we know that both like to keep their enemies close (Ellen with Patty; Patty with Arthur...).

leishman161

[5]Feb 19, 2009
    • level: 16

DygitalNinja wrote:
    I'm more concerned about the state of the Patti/Ellen relationship and how that comes to a head this season...the show can't really go on without both characters...so are they going to reconcile somehow or will they be more openly at war in season 3

I was thinking about this and have been getting the impression that maybe Patty didn't arrange the attempt on Ellens life. That Pete went behind her back to do it. Mostly from the scenes with Pete and the hitman. Just came off that maybe he did it for Patty but not necessarily on her behalf. If this was the case, then if this came to ight then Ellen and Patty could continue to work together?

RAYcluse

[6]Feb 19, 2009
    • level: 10
    Patty must have at least known about what happened though. It's really hard to believe that she's completely guilty of it. And when someone is attempting to kill someone, isn't it a good idea to try and stop it? Then again, Uncle Pete could just be quite the liability, and trying to control him would cost Patty all the power she's built up in the last decade. In other words, she doesn't want to give Pete the oppurtunity to squeal on her. Either way, we know Ellen is working with the FBI. When this gets out Patty will probably try to kill her for real this time. Or maybe they will work together but they'll still try taking the other down a few pegs in a more public way.

TesserT

[7]Feb 19, 2009
    • level: 81
    A lot of people seem to be discussing last nite's episode #2-7 'New York S_cks' in this thread - so I put up a thread for it.