Damages Forums

DirecTV (ended 2012)

Official "She Spat at Me" Episode Thread **Possible Spoilers**

QuadzillaNU

[1]Aug 23, 2007
    • level: 59
    A place for you to talk about thesixth episode of the latest drama from F/X, Damages
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

firedrakes

[2]Sep 4, 2007
    • level: 13
    the actor that is talking to Ellen at the docks. i know him from another show but can remeber which nor his name

EJamison

[3]Sep 4, 2007
    • level: 17
    I should recognize Ellen by now but when she approached Greg on the street I wasn't sure who she was. And the caption said she was Connor (meaning Katie). I knew it wasn't Katie. But later the captions identified Ellen correctly.

EJamison

[4]Sep 4, 2007
    • level: 17
    firedrakes wrote:
    the actor that is talking to Ellen at the docks. i know him from another show but can remeber which nor his name
    Are you referring to Peter Facinelli (Greg Malina)? He was in "Six Feet Under" and he's married to Jennie Garth. If you mean the meeting at the beginning of tonight's episode that wasn't at a dock. It was at park along the river, so there was water. Or are you talking about a previous episode?
    Edited on 09/04/2007 8:42pm

darkklown

[5]Sep 5, 2007
    • level: 3
    EJamison wrote:
    firedrakes wrote:
    Are you referring to Peter Facinelli (Greg Malina)? He was in "Six Feet Under" and he's married to Jennie Garth. If you mean the meeting at the beginning of tonight's episode that wasn't at a dock. It was at park along the river, so there was water. Or are you talking about a previous episode?

Or you might know him from FastLane

darkklown

[6]Sep 5, 2007
    • level: 3

This episode was one of the best so far. The dream sequence was great the first time I was really caught off guard. That hot chick that came on to Ellen's fiance is crazy staring at them in the bathtub; I wonder if she is the one that kills him. And why the hell was that chick going to shoot him i guess she was a agent of Frobisher's.

does anyone else think Ted Danson and his lawyer look dead

lalala_la

[7]Sep 6, 2007
    • level: 1
    Yeah, wow....Lila is pretty messed up. I also had quite a bit of lingering respect for Frobisher, until he met with the biographer dude.

This series really has a way of messing with you >_>

Truman_Burbank

[8]Sep 6, 2007
    • level: 12

darkklown wrote:
    This episode was one of the best so far.
    Really? I think this show has been going downhill since episode two. They clearly don't have enough stories to spread over thirteen episodes. Most of what happens is very predictable and/or boring. The structure is tiresome as the flashbacks are milked beyond belief. After this season ends, I think it's very unlikely I'll be back for more. And by the way, how exactly will they continue this show? The current season will have a conclusion, right??

P.S. When I said flashbacks I meant the "now" parts.

Edited on 09/06/2007 4:35pm

fritz2

[9]Sep 6, 2007
    • level: 6

This was the best episode so far. Characters get more depth and the acting is great. I never really liked Ted Danson in his previous roles, but he plays a self obsessed sociopath perfectly.

I just hope this is a one season show with a clear conclusion. I have seen too many shows lately that keep dragging on, then suddenly disappear without a satisfying ending.

Edited on 09/06/2007 6:25pm
    Edited 2 total times.

FCBarca

[10]Sep 7, 2007
    • level: 15
    Truman_Burbank wrote:

darkklown wrote:
    This episode was one of the best so far.
    Really? I think this show has been going downhill since episode two. They clearly don't have enough stories to spread over thirteen episodes. Most of what happens is very predictable and/or boring. The structure is tiresome as the flashbacks are milked beyond belief. After this season ends, I think it's very unlikely I'll be back for more. And by the way, how exactly will they continue this show? The current season will have a conclusion, right??

P.S. When I said flashbacks I meant the "now" parts.

Not sure if they don't have enough material for 13 eps as long as they continually move along at a slugs pace...Seems that this new style of TV writing has caught on like hotcakes as everyone puts up flashbacks etc and slows an already slow storyline down to drag series out, i.e. Lost, 24 etc.

I felt from the first couple of episodes that they boxed themselves in (The writers) in sticking with this style...Either they'll lose their audience or have no real direction to go once they approach a resolution of the case...UNLESS, the entire series will always revolve around this one case in which case I suspect viewers will drop off big time.

I did, however, enjoy the episode more than I have the last couple if for no other reason than the fact that it means less and less air time for a pretty horrible actor in Ellen's husband. (He's dead already so let's move on).

The flashbacks I think ultimately have to slow down to a crawl or eventually eliminated altogether.

I did wonder about the design of having Lila be manipulative in this scenario, is this really necessary subterfuge and is it really conceivable for her to be a part of Frobisher's plans?...Seems ridiculous really...And if she's simply a cuckoo stalker, just seems like overkill to a storyline that is already spread pretty thin.

It's a legal show with less and less legalese or insight into how a case is made or worked.

I continue to contend, however, that Glenn Close is exceptional in her role...Moreover, seeing characters written for women with such strength and intelligence is not only refreshing but about time, non?

pixydixy

[11]Sep 16, 2007
    • level: 6
    I like the flashbacks. I kind of like how we keep seeing the same thing over and over because it really drills it into your head and when something new is introduced you really notice it. Also it's like when you see the same flashback but you see it from the same earlier point it builds your excitement and the suspense as you wait to see what else they will reveal to you now.

VeggiHead

[12]Sep 22, 2007
    • level: 7
    pixydixy wrote:
    I like the flashbacks. I kind of like how we keep seeing the same thing over and over because it really drills it into your head and when something new is introduced you really notice it. Also it's like when you see the same flashback but you see it from the same earlier point it builds your excitement and the suspense as you wait to see what else they will reveal to you now.

i see you like veronica mars, a show that has many flashbacks. do you like grounded for life? that show has a lot.