Damages Forums

DirecTV (ended 2012)

Season Two!

TesserT

[21]Jan 29, 2008
    • level: 75
    deathangel72 wrote:
    Anibody know when season 2 started??
    Season 2's production start date is very sketchy due to the current writer's strike. And until it gets into production there's no telling when season 2 will actually air.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MistaC87

[22]Jan 29, 2008
    • level: 18
    I posted this on Wikipedia, so I'm gonna post it here as well.

"According to a commentary track on the pilot episode on the show's first season DVD/Blu-Ray boxset, the creators of the series are planning to bring Ellen Parson's more immediate family into Season 2's storyline. The special features on the DVD also confirm that the creators will have season 2's storyline revolve around Ellen Parsons working undercover for the FBI to bring down Patty Hewes."

deathangel72

[23]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 3
    Thanks.

PewPew83

[24]Feb 1, 2008
    • level: 8
    hmm...so no one knows when season 2 is gonna start ?

maaarin

[25]Feb 22, 2008
    There was an interview on TVGuide.com with Ted Danson (when the strike was still on), and he said they're gonna start shooting the second season in April... I'm not 100% sure that he said April, cause it was a long time ago - but I'm hearing that it will air in the summer or maybe in the fall... Entourage and possibly Rescue me won't air in the summer, but in the fall...

FCBarca

[26]Feb 25, 2008
    • level: 15

maaarin wrote:
    There was an interview on TVGuide.com with Ted Danson (when the strike was still on), and he said they're gonna start shooting the second season in April... I'm not 100% sure that he said April, cause it was a long time ago - but I'm hearing that it will air in the summer or maybe in the fall... Entourage and possibly Rescue me won't air in the summer, but in the fall...

Wonder if that means Ted Danson lives?

nickvog

[27]Mar 6, 2008
    • level: 3
    Ted Danson was a strong addition to the show and hope that he remains in the cast somehow...

maaarin

[28]Mar 7, 2008
    I'm really mad right now... TVGuide's Ausiello reported that the second season of the show probably won't air until January 2009. Those stupid Olymipcs!!

aspettig

[29]Mar 14, 2008
    • level: 7

Not until January, 2009?? Oh, man...

I absolutely loved the first season of Damages, but I'm not going to keep my hopes up for the second season. If it turns out to be as good, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

count-chocula

[30]Mar 16, 2008
    • level: 47
    maaarin wrote:
    I'm really mad right now... TVGuide's Ausiello reported that the second season of the show probably won't air until January 2009. Those stupid Olymipcs!!

Seriously? January 2009? Most viewers will have given up on the show by then, it will lose most of its viewership! If it begins to shoot in April they could air it in the Fall...

FCBarca

[31]Mar 20, 2008

nickvog wrote:
    Ted Danson was a strong addition to the show and hope that he remains in the cast somehow...

As a ghost, perhaps?

January 2009?...Wow, they are giving this show the kiss of death, eh?...By then, the show will be so far out of everyone's memory that getting them to reinvest again will be quite a feat...Especially, considering the work to get the show renewed in the first place

count-chocula

[32]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 47
    FCBarca wrote:

nickvog wrote:

As a ghost, perhaps?

January 2009?...Wow, they are giving this show the kiss of death, eh?...By then, the show will be so far out of everyone's memory that getting them to reinvest again will be quite a feat...Especially, considering the work to get the show renewed in the first place

...for another two seasons as well so they are stuck now! Why they just don't air it in the fall is beyond me.

pee_ter_griffen

[33]Apr 2, 2008
    • level: 4
    It should start august on tuesdays before the final season of the shield

bernsd3

[34]Apr 7, 2008
    • level: 9

FX Incurs More Damages (Seasons 2 and 3, To Be Exact)

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Fx-Incurs-Damages/800027110

Turns out that Ausiello's grapevine was ripe when it reported on this five weeks ago. FX has ordered not one more but two new seasons of the critically acclaimed Damages, for a total of 26 episodes. "To be able to tell 26 more hours of mind-blowing stories with Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman and Glenn Kessler is an incredible position to be in," says Jamie Erlicht, Co-President of Programming and Production, Sony Pictures Television. "FX has continually shown enormous support for both this show and for Sony, and it's evident in this extended renewal."

As revealed in my Damages "burning questions answered" Q&A with Zelman and the Kesslers, Glenn Close, Rose Byrne and Tate Donovan all were originally contracted for six seasons and are definitely on board for Season 2, though the fate of Ted Danson's Frobisher remains in the air.

maaarin

[35]Apr 12, 2008
    ^^^That's old news...

@ pee_ter_griffen - it won't start in August because of the Olmypics... It sounds crazy because the Olympics are only on for two weeks, but apparently it's enough for FX to postpone the second season...

A lot of other summer shows are being postponed as well... However, Entourage, Rescue me, Big Love and The Shield will be returning this fall, while Nip/Tuck and Damages aren't coming back til' next year...

UKVespa

[36]May 6, 2008
    • level: 2
    Shame though Zeljko Ivanek is gone!!

haldrey

[37]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 22
    Both are excellent, no need to fight over two excellent shows. Does anybody know when is Damages new season premier?

heylingal

[38]Jun 27, 2008
    • level: 20
    Yesh! Im happy ^..^ I really miss this show

djariya

[39]Jun 28, 2008
    • level: 19
    The reason it's airing in 2009 was because of writer's strike. I believe they only started filming less than 2 months ago. A show like this is not easy to write and frankly, wouldn't you rather have them take their time to come up with great scripts like season 1 than rush something out that might suck? It would have been nearly impossible to get episodes ready for this summer.

I also don't think they want to compete with all the fall premieres. So, yes I think it is wise to wait until 2009 and have all the episodes ready to air without interruption. Hell, we're getting 2 more seasons!!

FCBarca

[40]Jul 14, 2008
    Doubtful anyone is complaining that it's coming back and for 2 more seasons, at least...I think the bigger concern about the late start date (Yes, everyone knows it's due to the writer's strike) is that it will surely be a 'kiss of death' in terms of trying to hold onto not to mention increase the viewers for the show (And hence help the show live on)...It can be a complicated storyline and many regular viewers had a hard time staying with the way they dragged out the first season...And now to have it pushed back even further, I think, does not bode well for the future of the show