Damages Forums

DirecTV (ended 2012)

Will DirectTV Rescue Damages?

TesserT

[1]Apr 3, 2010
    • level: 75
    EW/Ausiello Exclusive

Excerpt: Multiple sources confirm to [Ausiello] exclusively that Sony is talking to DirecTV's 101 Network about partnering on a possible 4th season of Damages. The cost-sharing arrangement would be similar to the one DirecTV and NBC forged with Friday Night Lights, which means future seasons of Damages would air first on DirecTV with a second window on FX. .... An insider close to the talks says Sony reached out to DirecTV last month after it became clear that, for financial reasons, FX could no longer keep Damages afloat on its own....

Ck out the link for the entire article.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

milkhaswings

[2]Apr 6, 2010
    • level: 13
    I wanted 2 more seasons of Damages...it's really one my favorite shows ever. At the very least I hope they get one more and perhaps bill it as the final season. It deserves a season billing like that.

This better work out!

alana15

[3]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 30
    milkhaswings wrote:
    I wanted 2 more seasons of Damages...it's really one my favorite shows ever. At the very least I hope they get one more and perhaps bill it as the final season. It deserves a season billing like that.

This better work out!

I totally agree!!

TesserT

[4]Apr 9, 2010
    • level: 75
    EW/Ausiello Files : FX Pres Confirms DirectTV Talks

....FX prez John Landgraf assured me [Ausiello] that the April 19th season-ender isn't necessarily the series' finale.

..."Sony is talking to DirecTV," he confirmed to me with what I took to be a tone of genuine optimism. "We couldn't be happier with Damages creatively. The third season is superb. It's a massive success from a creative standpoint.

"But," he added, "it's a show that has always struggled from a ratings standpoint. I think that's because it's so complicated. It takes an incredible amount of devotion and an incredible attention span to watch it."

We could've debated whether those are really such bad things, but he quickly moved on to what was worse: Damages' pricetag. "It's a fairly expensive show to produce," he noted. "One of the reasons we've been able to keep it going for three years is because it's done very well globally."

Ck out the link for the complete article.