Dance Fever

(ended 1987)

Dance Fever Fan Reviews (3)

• Great Show!!! Real People doing real dancing...

I enjoyed Dance Fever! It was an opportunity for ordinary people to strut there stuff and do real unstructured competitive dancing! The people were from all over the country which gave you an opportunity to see a variety of styles from 'everywhere'. I also got to hear some dance music that I might not ordinarily hear on the radio in my market area as well. Top that off with a performance by a hot band or singer, excellent format. At the end of the show Denny Terrio even showed you a few moves of his own to teach you how to "Boogie"... I would like to see something along those lines on television now... REAL People Doing REAL Dancing...
  • Dance contest where 3 couples competed for $25,000. The syndicated series hosted by Deney Terrio, featured a panel of 3 celebrity guest judges. Adrian Zmed succeeded Terrio in 1985 and couples chose any style of dance, and the prize grew to $50,00

6.7
    I remember watching Dance Fever when I was a teen, waiting for Saturday Night Live. At that time you had to watch Dance Fever and Sha Na Na just to get to Saturday Night Live. The show absolutely captured the disco era. At that time everything was disco, the clothes and styles, music and television, all had some disco influence. Dance Fever had the most awesome guest performers, like Sylvester, and Grace Jones, all of the artists that were in the club scene and making disco music. I really enjoyed the guest panelists, most of whom were not qualified to judge a technical disco dance contest, like Lucille Ball or Milton Berle. It was these judges that made Dance Fever so memorable for me, they usually were completely out of their element.
  • I had a good laugh out of watching Dance Fever. In fact, not that the show was particularly humorous but there was something special, something unique that brought a smile to my face when I watched this.

I had a good laugh out of watching Dance Fever. In fact, not that the show was particularly humorous but there was something special, something unique that brought a smile to my face when I watched this. Definitely one of the high lights of my television experience of this month.