Dancelife

Balancing Act

Aired Monday 10:30 PM Feb 05, 2007 on MTV - Music Television

• This episode is a Celestina-centric episode, breaking into a day in the life of Celestina and her boyfriend. Her hectic auditioning and dance schedule put a strain on their relationship. Celestina was the spotlight solo performer in this episode.

Still love the dancing aspect, but the "reality" part just doesn't quite sit right and seems a little off. I liked this episode as it seemed to have more actual dance sequences (Carnival groups rehearsals/performance, Ashlee Simpson audition/practice/performance). But they still cut away too much from the scenes where they actually start to dance. Hard to see the chreography and dance leaving you frustrated that you couldn't catch it. Kind of like driving in drizzling rain without wipers...and you want so much to let the wipers swipe across at least once. Of all the spotlight solos featured to date, I'd have to say Celestina's was my favorite most likely because I'm partial to that particular type of dance style and music. The transition into the dance scene, where she walks in with the lighting pre-set in the empty studio with the typical music video blueprint, seemed so unnaturally staged that it took a bit away from the dance experience. They shouldn't have editted so much an left it a little more raw.