Dancing With the Stars

Episode 408

Aired Monday 8:00 PM May 07, 2007 on ABC

• As the finals approach the dancing gets hot, hot, hot.

According to the judges most of the dancers stepped down a notch. Although I could see some of their points but not all of them, I thought tonight was really great.

Ian did step back not looking as comfortable with his movements as he did last week. At this point I cannot see him winning, but he does have a strong partner to continue working with him if he can ever relax and enjoy.

Laila looked wonderful with Max. I believe they have a great chance of being in the finals. It was nice seeing her father there to support her. I personally liked the rose pillow touch in the 1st dance and also liked the extra touches Max done at the beginning of the 2nd dance but I am not a professional so what do I know.

Joey and Kym were fabulous again. They definitely are amazing together. Their 1st dance was wonderful and very proper, and the 2nd dance rocked. Joey needs to continue doing his thing and I believe they also have a great chance of being in the finals.

Apolo and Julianna were at their best again tonight and they sizzled on the floor for both dances. Another one for the finals. I believe Laila, Joey and Apolo are going to have to bring it from now on because this is going to be close.

I am a personal fan of Billy Ray and I do realize he is not a professional dancer and this will probably be his last week. He however is an excellent entertainer and a gentleman and did not deserve Bruno's horrible remark tonight. Everyone comes and works very hard practicing every week and does their best and they do deserve proper respect at their attempt to dance no matter how it looks. Dance contestants do not need insults from the judges, just their help and correction will do.