Dancing With the Stars

Episode 810A

Aired Monday 8:00 PM May 12, 2009 on ABC

• Ty and Chelsie head home. Left for the finals are: Shawn and Mark, Gilles and Cheryl, and Melissa and Tony =D

This was a pretty good episode =D My favorite part of it was when the pros got to dance with the dancers in the "new pro" competition thing. Anna was my favorite. Mayo was great too, but Anna's dances were fun, vibrant, exciting, and perfect! =D I can't wait to see what she could do with a star! I really hope she wins...I also liked the dance where the voters got to pick the dancers, the type of dance, and the outfits. Julianne and Derek were picked (again), but so was Lacey and Mark. They did a really good job! I loved it! Ty and Chelsie finally head home. We all knew it was going to happen. He was funny, and Chelsie was great, but it's about time they went home.
  • With four remaining Stars, who will be eliminated tonight?

The entertainment started with Raphael Saadiq, performing "100 Yard Dash". A real crowd-pleaser supported by a large band, two back up singers and four dancers. I'm showing my age, but it sounded like all he did, was keep repeating the same phrase over and over and over, for the last half of the performance. Next we had an encore, by Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas, performing the Argentine Tango, the judges' favourite performance, on Monday night. We heard from past winners, Brooke Burke, Helio Castroneves and Drew Lachey about the top four. Vying, for next seasons Professional Dancer spot, was Mayo Alanen parried with Kym Johnson and Anna Demidova parried with Maksim Chmerkovskiy. Mayo choreographed the Tango & Cha Cha. Anna choreographed the Quick Step & the Samba. His Tango was well received by the judges. Len said: "Their Tango showed the world just what he likes about ballroom dancing". Bruno said. "You used your partner to your best advantage". Carrie Ann said: " The choreography was impressive & traditional but she wanted to see more personality". Their Cha Cha was not as well received. Took risk with disco and did not go over well. Anna & Maks, performing the Quick Step, received great praise from the judges. Bruno said: "Its lightning fast and radiant". Carrie Ann said: " Any celebrity would be lucky to have her as a partner". Len said: " Even though she's only 21, she is elegant & mature". Their Samba nailed it for Anna, according to the judges. Bruno said: You are incredible". Len said: " The competition is about the four-week process, and she's been strong from week 1". Carrie Ann said: " I want to see more of Anna in the future". For Macy's Star of Dance, Design-A-Dance, the viewers picked Lacey Schwimmer, Julianne Hough, Derek Hough & Mark Ballas to perform the Quick Step, picked by the viewers, to music, picked by the viewers, in costumes, designed by a viewer, who was in the audience. It was very well done. With the elimination of Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower, it is now up to the remaining three to battle it out, May 18, for the Silver Trophy.
ARTCA