Dancing With the Stars Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Season 15 Rumor

ktfahel

[1]May 10, 2012
    • level: 16

I read this morning that there is a possibility that Season 15 will be "Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars", featuring the 2nd-place finishers of all of the previous seasons. I don't know how much truth there is to this, but I think that would be absolutely killer!

What do YOU think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ocean58

[2]May 13, 2012
    • level: 53

It's not certain yet, but an All Star Version would be great.

Mario Lopez, season 3 runner-up, spilled it out on Live With Kelly.

Here is the video.

http://www.puredwts.com/2012/04/25/mario-lopez-mentions-there-will-be-an-all-star-season-of-dancing-with-the-stars-on-live-with-kelly-video/

ktfahel

[3]May 28, 2012
    • level: 16

If you could - or decide to - pick whoyou would want for the All-Star season, who would you choose?

I went through the list of every season, and picked one from each season. I didn't pick one from Season 1, because there were so few and there is really nobody I'd want to see, so to balance it out, I chose 2 from Season 9 (where there were 16 entries):

Tatum O'Neal
    Mario Lopez
    Laila Ali
    Mel B
    Steve Guttenberg
    Misty May-Treanor
    Gilles Marini
    Kelly Osbourne
    Mark Dacascos
    Evan Lysacek
    Kyle Massey
    Chelsea Kane
    Rob Kardashian
    Katherine Jenkins

Dewbak75

[4]May 29, 2012
    • level: 18

I read an article somewhere that had a wishlist of rules they'd like to see used for selecting the All-Stars. I can't remember what site it was on, but I wholeheartedly agreed with their proposed rules. Here they are as best I can remember:

1. No champions. They had their moment. Save that for a "Battle Of The Champions" season like Jeopardy does.

2. Pair each celeb back up with their original partner. In many cases, it's not the celeb or the pro that's the draw, it's the chemistry between the two. Obviously this limits the choices, but think back on your favorite celebs. Would you really want to see them with a different pro?

3. Get someone from Season 1. I don't know if they NEED to be from season 1, but they should definitely reach back as far as they can.

4. Only pick past celebs who actually showed potential. Leave out the celebs that were there just for comedy(Cloris Leachman) or controversy(Kate Gosselin).

I hope ABC follows those guidelines, I think it would make for the best selection. There are plenty of fun pairings I would love to see again. One of them has already said she would very much like to be part of it, Misty-May Treanor. It was a shame she had to leave the competition due to injury, she & Maks made a good team. The other is probably wishful thinking on my part, but I can't think of any pairing I would love to see make a return more than John & Charlotte from the first season. They were truly delightful to watch both on and off the dance floor, I don't think there's been a more enjoyable pairing since. He's 57 now and she's 40, so depending on what kind of shape they've kept themselves in, they could still be competitive. Of course, the dance schedule was much less demanding back when they competed.