Dancing With the Stars

Monday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Jun 01, 2005 In Season

ocean58

Dancing With the Stars Fan Reviews (291)

7.6
  • By Far the worst show on television

I have been following this show long enough to see it gets more and more stupid by the episode and the Disney episode of Alice and Wonderland has proven my point it will never get any better just more stupid with every episode I think it is time to retire it before it gets to where it would be more fun to watch people drown because that is what the show is doing
  • voting

I'm so tired of the shows voting being a popularity vote. I thought it was a show that was based on how well you can dance. You can't tell me that Patti Labelle is a better dancer than anyone that has been kicked off so far. She walked a couple steps shook her butt lifted up her breasts and the judges went crazy. I think we should get 10 votes, 5 to vote for your favorite, and 5 to take away from someone who you don't want to move ahead.
  • It's Not Fair!

I LOVE DANCING WITH THE STARS, BUT LATELY IT FEELS LIKE THE Hough Show. Julianne should not be judging her brother and cousin it's not fair. And Derek always gets the Olympic stars. I feel that he should work with some of the older stars too. Let Tony work with younger stars too, stop playing flavors.
  • Just Mike

I signed on to agree with someone's comments is no worthy judge! and she dresses unprofessionally as a dancer/judge want to be... toooooo much cleavage every show and bad dress design!!!. Not even close to a true professional... I gave her a couple weeks as a regular staff judge before I commented... but have to of her reviews have been Julienne FLUFF??? I have been watching dance performances in NYC for over 30 years in many venues... and her comments are the least meaningful in the context of this show. DTWS should rely on real credentials for their future judges if they want to remain relevant and appreciated.....

I also agree with other commenters before and the other judges should 'judge honestly' me.. ALL of the reviews need to be less sexually slanted and more 'DANCE' oriented if you want the viewers to think you are a serious dance review platform..... Some should keep their comments (Bruno) in your pants and all should remain professional. Do the judges think we are all vacuous? a season to us...

we want a professional review process on stage with the viewers comments. Do Not let us down.
  • the judges

I REALLY MISS WATCHING THIS SHOW.

I STOPPED BECAUSE OF JULIENNE HOUGH . I AM SO SICK OF LOOK ING AT HER BOOBS. SHE IS A JUDGE NOW.

NOT A DANCER. She should take some lessons from Kari ann on how to dress..

• Not the Show it Once Was!

Actually I don't like the show, any more. It's very disappointing to see the judges being political rather than honest. Tonight, I watched four couples dance before getting disgusted and turning off the TV. The judges are professionals and should judge accordingly. It's only the beginning of the season and these contestants are not worthy of the scores they are receiving! It's a joke! On a scale of one to ten, I rate this season a TWO
  • VERY POOR TASTE!!

I have been a fan of DWTS since the first season and this season has to be the worst! Your opening show introduction of Charlotte McKinney was in extremely poor taste - It's obvious the girl has big boobs but is that ALL she has? Obviously as that is the only thing the producer chose to highlight in her introduction. Why did we need to see her partner taping her chest??? Seriously!! The opening clip of Brad meeting Whitney was just as bad - if a man felt up his female partner the way she did him, would that have been shown? Focus on the dancing and quit trying to make this so sexual... The show can carry it's own without all this trash!
  • age appropriate

DWTS needs to stop using pros and stars under the age of 18. This is an adult show and the humor is mostly sexual as well as the dances and it's becoming sickening with these girls mostly dancing with these men. You should have learned your lesson from the Duck girl its hard to show sensuality and its not fair for the pro to have to think of something appropriate, and she was 17.
  • Add professional teens to show

I don't agree with the idea of a 14 year old dancing with and adult. The show should have professional teens if they are going to have children on the show. Over the past ten year DWTS has made different changes, some successful and some not so successful.
  • Dissappointed

I live in the south and am a fateful watcher. My granddaughter and I enjoyed this season. I am so disappointed that this tour didn't come to the south in VA,NC, OR SC. We would like to have a chance to see the tour. Thank You so much for such a wonderful season even if we cant see the tour. Hope next season is as good as this one.
  • Leave Julianne Alone

All the judges have criticized the dancers before, where have all of you been? That is part of the job. Let's be real here people. No body on any season has escaped being criticized at least a few times. Not all the winners have won over the judges 100%. That is just the way it is
  • Get back to basic judges.

I most definitely think you need to get rid of Julianne Hough, she is a terrible judge. She criticizes every one of the dancers. I think the only reason she's there is to make money. Also, get rid of the guest judges and go back to the basic judges. GET RID OF JULIANNE! At the end of the show, I have to say Julianne got a lot better.

I'm back. My husband and I have watched DWTS since its been on. One more thing the show needs to do is not drag it out so much on the finale night. Please make the finale into a one night event, instead of drag it out to 2 nights. Why show us everything that happened throughout the season????. Boring.
  • Not Serious Anymore

When DWTS first started it was serious about talent. Then came funny old people who couldnt dance and stayed there out of sympathy votes, as well as some young and some with no rhythm. Who should of been voted off instead the good dance were. My heart goes out to the professional dancers who gives there all to do and create the best to get handed mess. They all cry because of relief but Alfonzo had rhythm and style but the duck girl should of been gone compared to the 3rd place couple, that child did not stand up to the othet couples. Just anothet sympathy vote.
  • The cry baby won!

I think Janel and Val were the best of the last! They should have won being the best! I got so tired hearing Alfonso cry about injuries and talk about himself. I never thought he got any better and he always did his old hip hop. Not gonna watch this show ever again!!
  • Alfonso is a DANCER and CRY the show GOOD BYE DWTS

Alfonzo is a does not belong on that started for people that never danced and and wanted to learn and BOZO keeps complaining how sore he world doesn't as you cn see everyone jumping ship DWTS is am not watching anymore. My wife and I looked forward and make sure we were home for that show or DVR BYE DWTS..........
  • My last season

Was my favorite show and always looked forward to it. But, first you gave us Erin, then Julianne, which was the worst. Julianne dresses like a slut. We can't let our kids/grandkids watch anymore. I won't be surprised when we hear that next season is going to be cancelled. You had such a good thing going. Why did you have to ruin it? And, Julianne is really going to judge her brother fairly? Come on, you know it won't happen. Hope next season has something good on an alternate channel to watch. I think at this point, cartoons would be more entertaining.
  • jhesting44

What's all the hype with Tommy, he gets all this praise from the judges for doing the same dance over and over, please make room for the real talent.
  • What is Up with Cariie Ann

what is wrong with Carrie Ann this year she is just awful to the dancers and her attitude is worst than Len
  • Need better dancers 5

6XEjXA Show me some dancers like this, the then I will be empress. My score is - 5 compared to this video.
  • Stars? What Stars???

Other a few, I haven't heard of any of them. The judges are also being way way way too nice, two of the highest scoring women pause after each set of steps before starting the next. That's not dancing, it should flow. As for the immunity, I think one of the judges favorites, were in jeopardy of being cut and they needed a way to keep them because they were good dancers and there was a chance that Tommy or Michael would stay and the good dancer would go. Where was immunity when some of the amazing dancers(star) from past seasons got cut way way way too early.
  • judges

I think they really really need to get rid of Julianne. She is such a critic ( with the exception of her brother) and thinks she knows EVERYTHING! She should not be allowed to be a judge, I'm surprised with DWTS... If she is back on next season I may reconsider watching something else.
  • What happened to the Show ?????

I don't usually write in about entertainment shows, but DWTS is probably the one show I have enjoyed over the years. Now, with the Quarter Finals coming up next week, I think I will discontinue my Monday viewing of what used to be my favorite show. Did you ever hear the saying "if it's not broke, DON'T FIX IT (my emphasis" It has been used by many famous people, corporations, and my boss at a major missile systems company.

Maybe I now fall outside your demographics, but I don't think so and many of the people in my social circles feel the same way. We are in our late fifties and sixties. We have smart phones, ipads and are connected in real time with our family and friends. Our children even agree that DWTS has lost touch and is in a series of experiments to come out of a spiraling whirl pool. For me and my family the show has had more than three strikes.

Strike One: It all started heavy handedly with the replacement of Brook Burke Charvet with Erin Andrews. I still expect to see Brook every time I turn on DWTS. Erin Andrews has a harsh and at times what I consider abusive dialog with show contestants and regulars.

Strike Two: At the same time there was the replacement of Harold Wheeler and his band. What's up with that? He brought much to the show. Now you have a band for the most part in the background. I guess if you don't see the band, chances are that there will be no negative comments.

Strike Three: The Judges. Now you have four judges, and while I very much like Julianne Hough there is no way that when things get contentious near the end that at least the possibility of the perception of a conflict of interest could arise. Come one there are no other legitimate dance judges on the planet let alone in the USA? Add to that celebrity judges that have absolutely no idea on how to judge a "cha cha" for example. Then most importantly DWTS now runs out of time and can't get responses from ALL the judges because time is running out and you need a commercial break or fear of the show running over their allotted time. Come On!

Strike Four: Now more gimmicks. Let's take ideas from other network shows. Immunity sound like Survivor or Big Brother. That's original not.

If you are looking to get rid of something tired on that show, and I don't mean Len Goodman (he makes the show real), try replacing Tom Bergeron.

It's too bad, because there is so much talent on that show starting with Derek Hough, Mark Ballas, Cheryl Burke, Karina Smirnoff, Tony Dovolani, Maksim and Val Chmerkovskiy, Louis van Amstel, Lacey Schwimmer, Peta Mergatroyd and Sharma Burgess to name a few.

I am very sad that I have to find a replacement for my Monday night viewing, but I am sure that I will find something.

• Oh My! :00

I truly enjoyed Alfonso Ribeiro's Time Warp group dance far better (and more entertaining) than the Itsy Bitsy Spider group. DWTS most have some type of contract that prevents Derek H. from losing group dance challenges. So sad!!! He needs to be a better sport about it.
  • Len is constipated and Julianne needs to go away

Sooo frustrated with the judges. Julianne thinks everyone should be like her. The Halloween theme was supposed to be for entertainment purposes and the judges kept saying, "It just took away from the They didn't like Mark and Sadie's performance? It was awesome. I think Mark wants to punch them in the face. They are way too critical and expect perfection, which takes the fun out of the show. Len needs an enema and Julianne is annoying. Mark and Derek are the best. It was a super fun show. It was supposed to be a little different from the norm. Ugh. Show was great. Judges suck. I like Bruno.
  • Very disappointing show now!

After watching this season I have to say this:

1. girls are way underdressed- feels like cheap Vegas show, making girls to dance in swim wear and with no skirts nor shirts for guys, and making them to take things off- seems very desperate way to raise ratings among perverts! Move the show to midnight with those type of costumes!

2. Get rid of Julianne- she is a bad judge, not Fair towards anybody, except her brother and Mark - her little buddies. She has the buyest views and she should not be allowed to judge family members. Way too critical to other pros and no need for the fourth judge, since they don't always get a chance to talk, due to time limit, so why crowd the time with fourth judge?

3. Bring Lenn back- he is great and always fair, he has his opinion and keeps ballroom standards alive!

4. Show is playing favorites with pros- it is soooo obvious! No one is there dare to tell truth to Derek and Mark- they always get higher scores, notwithstanding their partners stumble (Derek's tango),make technical mistakes or have awful lines ( Sadie's feet are apart, during the stretch to side- the train can get through) get off time, dance very short routines (Derek's tango today), or dance completely jerky rumba with terrible lines (Mark and Sadie). i am a professional ballroom teacher and champion and can't stand when things are overlooked and 10th and 9th are given for such an embarrassing performances. And fair to say, look at Derek's face- he was shocked himself, when he got those high scores tonight, because he new the routine was not ready and he knew it. Mark and Derek are great dancers, but be fair with them, don't pull them through if it's not deserving!

5. Lea Remini did a great job today with hosting the show.

• Keep Leah !

It was a relief to not listen to Erin's nasal, hard edged was great, lively, funny, and thoroughly enjoyable. Why do younger women talk like they have something lodged in their throat? Some speak so nasal ala Kardashian, or like Erin, it's nasal and sounds like she's talking while being strangled. Someone give these on air hosts and reporters voice lessons !!!
  • Guest Host

Well I have to say . . . They have finally done something to improve this show.

Now just KEEP this week's guest host. She's just a hoot & really brings a new vibrancy to show.

The regular co-host is so dull & just does NOT have the upbeat FUN that we are experiencing tonite.

KEEP HER !!!!!

And . . . We also agree that Julianne needs to totally lighten up.
  • tommy chong segment

4.5
    I am native American and I felt humiliated by the joke he made out of sweat lodges!
  • The guest judge

I think you guys are educated enough to bring a right guest judge to the show that is a little less serious and can add some humor to the show not like tonight Jesse jay that has a bitter face and is not friendly at all. A good judge can be an advantage to the dancers by giving them high score as a nutral person. Please don't bring Jesse back
  • Mark holden

4.5
    He needs to be removed from the show. He is making a fool of himself and the he is stealing time so other great contestants do not have the time to speak .
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10