Dancing With the Stars

Monday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Jun 01, 2005 In Season

ocean58

Dancing With the Stars Fan Reviews (430)

7.4
  • What just happened?

After thinking about the last season of DWTS, I am questioning if I will watch it again. Why bother having professional judges if the audience/viewers through their voting win out? It's has gotten to be more of a popularity contest, as was the win for Bobby Bones, than a dance contest. As a result, I feel like watching it has gotten to be a waste of time! I have been a faithful watcher of the show since the beginning but no longer can tolerate the skewed results!
  • Dancing with what??????

I, as many others, have watched season after season and delighted that a good dancer ends up with the trophy.

This season was a TOTAL DISASTER AND DISAPPOINTMENT!!!! Someone with no dancing talent that didn't even improve much, ONLY won because of a local radio following even though I've never heard of the guy as most haven't that aren't on the west coast.

To have Juan Pablo eliminated and Bobby win, is an insult to all dancers even those that are amateur.

I will NEVER watch this show again as something went quite awry with this season when such a goofball and non-dancer can literally when the trophy over outstanding dancers as Juan Pablo, Milo, Tinashe and others were overlooked when there judges scores were quite obviously more than Bobby's; SIMPLY OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!!!
  • I really like DWTS but........

The lighting straight into the cameras, the strobe lighting. It's bad enough on my tv but I can imagine how bad it is on some of these big tvs. It nice to be able to look at the dancers and not have to turn away because of the lighting. It was especially bad in the opening sequence to the finals this past season. Please DWTS, take it easy on us.
  • Bobby knew he should not have won

Bobby should have stepped up and said I did not win this fairly and while I appreciate all the people who voted for me, this trophy should go to the next most voted couple. It was a sham but he had the chance to man up and make things right, and that makes him just as bad as the fans who voted for the worst dancer. I will not watch next season regardless of who is on. Done!
  • Done with DWTS - Shame Shame Shame

Really need to change the judging - that the "worse" dancer should win (not even greatly improved) should win over the owesome dancers who got better and better and got perfect scores is terrible. I am done with this show until they come up with a better and more fair way of judging - feel sorry for those that were getting perfect scores and their pros especially Cheryl who had never had a win, and finally had a partner worthy of a win to be outsted by a "joke" of a performer is really sad.
  • We were Shocked : What a joke !!

Unfortunate that Bobby won the Mirrorball ; he did not deserve to win ,even though he improved but by far was not the best dancer. Definitely the fan votes should not be as important as the judges votes . You have 3 professional judges that clearly should have more decision power than a popularity vote . We were so disappointed that this result has undermined the talent of all the coaches who deserve a little more respect for their hard professional work. Too bad a buffoon won !!! We changed our minds in attending a DWTS road show and DWTS have just lost two great fans of the show .
  • Professional Judges Points should have more power than the public

2.5
    I have been a faithful viewer since the first season and never stopped. BUT I am VERY disenchanted. I've have seen big disappointments before, but this last season results was the MOST UPSETTING EVER!!!!! Earlier weeks watching better dancers being sent home was frustrating. The straw that broke the camel's back--even before Bobby Bones was declared a winner, was the elimination of Juan Pablo Di Pace. I am not saying Bobby Bones did not improve along the way, but he won because he was very popular and not because he was the most skilled on the dance floor. You know something is off when the judges are upset as well. This should not be a popularity contest and that is why I and so many people I know feel the public has much too much power and the professional judges not enough. Make another show for public popularity. Oh and by the way the 4 week series with the athletes was a waste too.
  • I am a dancer. Bobby Whatshisname is not!

Let's see we have a classy and handsome Juan Pablo Di Pace who, with Cheryl Burke, has 3 consecutive weeks with perfect Judges' scores, including a breath-taking tango; then we have a beautiful and lithe Alexis Ren (with years of ballet training) with Alan Bersten, a true romance, dancing like angels. And then we have an energetic and talented Milo Manheim with stunning Witney Carson who can dance to anything and who wins the trophy on the Dancing with The Stars "competition?" A clown, a talentless dancing clod with ridiculous drop-crotch baggy pants! Who da hell is Bobby Bones?

I may be done with DWTS. Forever. This show is not about dancing, it turns out. It's something else. But, I'll be a monkey's uncle if I know WHAT? Wait I know it's an elaborate and glitzy comedy.

• UPSET WITH THE PUBLIC JUDGING

THIS SHOW IS NOW ABOUT POPULARITY INSTEAD OF TALENT. I FEEL THAT THE JUDGES ARE JUST AS UPSET AS THE VIEWERS.. BOBBY BONES SHOULD WITHDRAW FROM ACCEPTING THE MIRROR BALL. THE OTHER DANCERS WERE BETTER THAN HIM BUT HE WON. DISGRACEFUL. IF THIS DOES NOT CHANGE WE WILL NOT BE WATCHING THIS SHOW AGAIN AND GOOD PEOPLE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GO FORWARD WITH FUN
  • Goodbye DWTS

I, too, will no longer watch this show. The good dancers get voted off and jokes like Bobby and Joe remain. What a farce!
  • Very Happy

I feel like Dancing with the Stars is for the dancer who learns and accomplishes the most, not the best one who comes out and could have won in the beginning because they were already good. Milo could have won hands down the first week and every week thereafter. Bobby and Joe had no prior experience and both had a lot of learning to do. I think if Joe had a little more confidence in himself he would have made it. Bobby worked very hard and improved a bunch. He never has gloated that he is a fantastic dancer, but he made it work. Shawna did have a lot of hard work to help Bobby get there and they both deserved to win. I am very happy for them.
  • Bad night

This has to be the most disappointing DWTS ever. The best dancers were overlooked and the ones who could not dance stayed in the competition. Bobby Bones should have been voted out weeks ago. I feel sorry for the dancers who did so well got a raw deal. I guess the judges are just people who watch from the side lines and their comments don't count. I have been watching from the first show but I'm done now.
  • Disgusted

2.5
    I am very disappointed about last nights winner. The shows new name should be Popularity with the Stars because evidently you don't have to be a good dancer to win. If you are not popular with the fans you lose. I have been watching the show for several years but I am done. I will find something else to watch on Monday nights. Very Sad. :(
  • Disappointed

4.5
    I used to love the show but it seems its not about who is the best dancer anymore.

I quit when they got rid of Juan Pablo. Then extremely disappointed to learn that dancer of them all won the whole thing. It feels like its rigged and not good.
  • Rockabilly and Boogie Woogie music and dance

The show is great. Thought they could add Rockabilly and Boogie Woogie dance.
  • Not a massive fan

Im not entirely sold on the idea of this show. Dancing? With stars? You can't dance with stars you'd get burnt?!?! But I was sold when David Hasselhoff made his appearance. The flow of his body was simply hypnotic and its a crime against nature and physics that he didn't win.
  • Lifts

Why does it matter if the dancers have lifts and why is Carrie Ann such a stickler on it? Stupid!
  • Too much "fluff!"

I get frustrated with the frou-frou. Too many lights, too many close-ups, too much fog, etc. Pull back, let us see the full dance and dancers, no flashy/strobe lights (as a migraine sufferer, I just have to close my eyes through those), no laser lights, and hand-held/weaving point-of-view. Just get back to the basics of the dance. And for goodness sakes, get rid of Erin Andrews. I know she's gorgeous, but please just put a picture of her prominently on the set and thank her kindly for her time.
  • John Schneider danced away with out hearts.

John gave his fans a very thoughtful gift and did a number that is close near and dear to our hearts. I think he honored Waylon Jennings, He honored The Dukes of Hazzard and danced a lot of love back to all his fans with all the hard work he put into this number tonight. He and Emma did Magnificently!
  • Too short poor

Too little time for the team's to develop. Not enough time to vote or develop to develop a favorite. The last round forced all votes to my own favorite. Wouldn't want to see the shortened version again and I really enjoyed the full format (longer formal).
  • Worst ever

Hate the 4 week format. No time to see growth in dancers or develop empathy. Will not watch finale after seeing Tonya in and Marai out. Worst season ever!!
  • Tonya H.

What are we doing bringing a girl back into competition that can't compete and can't take to lose. Why would we put her on she is definitely not a star she is a criminal in my mind! Why Tonya, there is plenty other people out in this world that could easily take her spot! My rate this season will be really low but maybe y'all can make a come back from this season!
  • Tonya

Why Tonya? She doesn't belong in any competition.
  • Dancing with the stars all athletes 2018 cast

Very disappointed Rob Gronkowski will not be on dancing with the stars all athletes season... he wanted it so bad... but yet they chose Tanya Harding (that's gonna be a train wreck, every one watch your knees)... lmao... smh #DancingOnGMA #DancingWithTheStarsAthletes #DWTS
  • America lets vote Vanessa Lachey out!

America lets get her out like now. Maksim is fine. That woman is not good at all lets make this season great. Get that woman out of there. Now pls
  • SOOO DISAPPOINTED!!!

Dancing with the stars is getting really crappy! This show should be called the most popular dancer since thats exactly whats been happening on this show lately. The most popular dancer wins instead of THE BEST DANCER!!! I dont think i'll be watching anymore.
  • voting

4.5
    I just don't think people in this country should be allowed to vote anymore. If last November wasn't a big enough demonstration of not understanding qualifications for being elected, this season of DWTS reinforces it. The fact that Dave outlasted so many better dancers is absurd. This is not a popularity contest, it is DANCING. Wake up America !!!
  • More dancing less chatter and drama

2.5
    Each individual dance is less than 90 seconds a filler is 5 min. Three judges would be plenty. Why are the female professional instructor almost always all white. Does Hollywood not have Asian, Hispanic or Black female instructors? Suggestion, put the name of the song and artist at the bottom of the screen for 15 seconds for each dance.
  • Lifts!? What!?

CarryAnne is so ridiculous with the lifts. She has taken it wayyy too far. What the hell? I don't understand why a step where the woman has both feet BARELY off the floor qualifies as a freakin lift. She irritates me every time she opens her mouth now.
  • Erin, you are not qualified to Judge

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound when you make statements like: "I agree with Bruno" or "I don't agree with Carrie Ann?" Just what kind of dancing background/experience do you have to make these statements? No one cares to listen to your "professional" comments; your annoying voice is bad enough! Bring Brooke back!!!!
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10