Dancing With the Stars

Monday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Jun 01, 2005 In Season

ocean58

Dancing With the Stars Fan Reviews (281)

7.6
  • Leave Julianne Alone

All the judges have criticized the dancers before, where have all of you been? That is part of the job. Let's be real here people. No body on any season has escaped being criticized at least a few times. Not all the winners have won over the judges 100%. That is just the way it is
  • Get back to basic judges.

I most definitely think you need to get rid of Julianne Hough, she is a terrible judge. She criticizes every one of the dancers. I think the only reason she's there is to make money. Also, get rid of the guest judges and go back to the basic judges. GET RID OF JULIANNE! At the end of the show, I have to say Julianne got a lot better.

I'm back. My husband and I have watched DWTS since its been on. One more thing the show needs to do is not drag it out so much on the finale night. Please make the finale into a one night event, instead of drag it out to 2 nights. Why show us everything that happened throughout the season????. Boring.
  • Not Serious Anymore

When DWTS first started it was serious about talent. Then came funny old people who couldnt dance and stayed there out of sympathy votes, as well as some young and some with no rhythm. Who should of been voted off instead the good dance were. My heart goes out to the professional dancers who gives there all to do and create the best to get handed mess. They all cry because of relief but Alfonzo had rhythm and style but the duck girl should of been gone compared to the 3rd place couple, that child did not stand up to the othet couples. Just anothet sympathy vote.
  • The cry baby won!

I think Janel and Val were the best of the last! They should have won being the best! I got so tired hearing Alfonso cry about injuries and talk about himself. I never thought he got any better and he always did his old hip hop. Not gonna watch this show ever again!!
  • Alfonso is a DANCER and CRY the show GOOD BYE DWTS

Alfonzo is a does not belong on that started for people that never danced and and wanted to learn and BOZO keeps complaining how sore he world doesn't as you cn see everyone jumping ship DWTS is am not watching anymore. My wife and I looked forward and make sure we were home for that show or DVR BYE DWTS..........
  • My last season

Was my favorite show and always looked forward to it. But, first you gave us Erin, then Julianne, which was the worst. Julianne dresses like a slut. We can't let our kids/grandkids watch anymore. I won't be surprised when we hear that next season is going to be cancelled. You had such a good thing going. Why did you have to ruin it? And, Julianne is really going to judge her brother fairly? Come on, you know it won't happen. Hope next season has something good on an alternate channel to watch. I think at this point, cartoons would be more entertaining.
  • jhesting44

What's all the hype with Tommy, he gets all this praise from the judges for doing the same dance over and over, please make room for the real talent.
  • What is Up with Cariie Ann

what is wrong with Carrie Ann this year she is just awful to the dancers and her attitude is worst than Len
  • Need better dancers 5

6XEjXA Show me some dancers like this, the then I will be empress. My score is - 5 compared to this video.
  • Stars? What Stars???

Other a few, I haven't heard of any of them. The judges are also being way way way too nice, two of the highest scoring women pause after each set of steps before starting the next. That's not dancing, it should flow. As for the immunity, I think one of the judges favorites, were in jeopardy of being cut and they needed a way to keep them because they were good dancers and there was a chance that Tommy or Michael would stay and the good dancer would go. Where was immunity when some of the amazing dancers(star) from past seasons got cut way way way too early.
  • judges

I think they really really need to get rid of Julianne. She is such a critic ( with the exception of her brother) and thinks she knows EVERYTHING! She should not be allowed to be a judge, I'm surprised with DWTS... If she is back on next season I may reconsider watching something else.
  • What happened to the Show ?????

I don't usually write in about entertainment shows, but DWTS is probably the one show I have enjoyed over the years. Now, with the Quarter Finals coming up next week, I think I will discontinue my Monday viewing of what used to be my favorite show. Did you ever hear the saying "if it's not broke, DON'T FIX IT (my emphasis" It has been used by many famous people, corporations, and my boss at a major missile systems company.

Maybe I now fall outside your demographics, but I don't think so and many of the people in my social circles feel the same way. We are in our late fifties and sixties. We have smart phones, ipads and are connected in real time with our family and friends. Our children even agree that DWTS has lost touch and is in a series of experiments to come out of a spiraling whirl pool. For me and my family the show has had more than three strikes.

Strike One: It all started heavy handedly with the replacement of Brook Burke Charvet with Erin Andrews. I still expect to see Brook every time I turn on DWTS. Erin Andrews has a harsh and at times what I consider abusive dialog with show contestants and regulars.

Strike Two: At the same time there was the replacement of Harold Wheeler and his band. What's up with that? He brought much to the show. Now you have a band for the most part in the background. I guess if you don't see the band, chances are that there will be no negative comments.

Strike Three: The Judges. Now you have four judges, and while I very much like Julianne Hough there is no way that when things get contentious near the end that at least the possibility of the perception of a conflict of interest could arise. Come one there are no other legitimate dance judges on the planet let alone in the USA? Add to that celebrity judges that have absolutely no idea on how to judge a "cha cha" for example. Then most importantly DWTS now runs out of time and can't get responses from ALL the judges because time is running out and you need a commercial break or fear of the show running over their allotted time. Come On!

Strike Four: Now more gimmicks. Let's take ideas from other network shows. Immunity sound like Survivor or Big Brother. That's original not.

If you are looking to get rid of something tired on that show, and I don't mean Len Goodman (he makes the show real), try replacing Tom Bergeron.

It's too bad, because there is so much talent on that show starting with Derek Hough, Mark Ballas, Cheryl Burke, Karina Smirnoff, Tony Dovolani, Maksim and Val Chmerkovskiy, Louis van Amstel, Lacey Schwimmer, Peta Mergatroyd and Sharma Burgess to name a few.

I am very sad that I have to find a replacement for my Monday night viewing, but I am sure that I will find something.

• Oh My! :00

I truly enjoyed Alfonso Ribeiro's Time Warp group dance far better (and more entertaining) than the Itsy Bitsy Spider group. DWTS most have some type of contract that prevents Derek H. from losing group dance challenges. So sad!!! He needs to be a better sport about it.
  • Len is constipated and Julianne needs to go away

Sooo frustrated with the judges. Julianne thinks everyone should be like her. The Halloween theme was supposed to be for entertainment purposes and the judges kept saying, "It just took away from the They didn't like Mark and Sadie's performance? It was awesome. I think Mark wants to punch them in the face. They are way too critical and expect perfection, which takes the fun out of the show. Len needs an enema and Julianne is annoying. Mark and Derek are the best. It was a super fun show. It was supposed to be a little different from the norm. Ugh. Show was great. Judges suck. I like Bruno.
  • Very disappointing show now!

After watching this season I have to say this:

1. girls are way underdressed- feels like cheap Vegas show, making girls to dance in swim wear and with no skirts nor shirts for guys, and making them to take things off- seems very desperate way to raise ratings among perverts! Move the show to midnight with those type of costumes!

2. Get rid of Julianne- she is a bad judge, not Fair towards anybody, except her brother and Mark - her little buddies. She has the buyest views and she should not be allowed to judge family members. Way too critical to other pros and no need for the fourth judge, since they don't always get a chance to talk, due to time limit, so why crowd the time with fourth judge?

3. Bring Lenn back- he is great and always fair, he has his opinion and keeps ballroom standards alive!

4. Show is playing favorites with pros- it is soooo obvious! No one is there dare to tell truth to Derek and Mark- they always get higher scores, notwithstanding their partners stumble (Derek's tango),make technical mistakes or have awful lines ( Sadie's feet are apart, during the stretch to side- the train can get through) get off time, dance very short routines (Derek's tango today), or dance completely jerky rumba with terrible lines (Mark and Sadie). i am a professional ballroom teacher and champion and can't stand when things are overlooked and 10th and 9th are given for such an embarrassing performances. And fair to say, look at Derek's face- he was shocked himself, when he got those high scores tonight, because he new the routine was not ready and he knew it. Mark and Derek are great dancers, but be fair with them, don't pull them through if it's not deserving!

5. Lea Remini did a great job today with hosting the show.

• Keep Leah !

It was a relief to not listen to Erin's nasal, hard edged was great, lively, funny, and thoroughly enjoyable. Why do younger women talk like they have something lodged in their throat? Some speak so nasal ala Kardashian, or like Erin, it's nasal and sounds like she's talking while being strangled. Someone give these on air hosts and reporters voice lessons !!!
  • Guest Host

Well I have to say . . . They have finally done something to improve this show.

Now just KEEP this week's guest host. She's just a hoot & really brings a new vibrancy to show.

The regular co-host is so dull & just does NOT have the upbeat FUN that we are experiencing tonite.

KEEP HER !!!!!

And . . . We also agree that Julianne needs to totally lighten up.
  • tommy chong segment

4.5
    I am native American and I felt humiliated by the joke he made out of sweat lodges!
  • The guest judge

I think you guys are educated enough to bring a right guest judge to the show that is a little less serious and can add some humor to the show not like tonight Jesse jay that has a bitter face and is not friendly at all. A good judge can be an advantage to the dancers by giving them high score as a nutral person. Please don't bring Jesse back
  • Mark holden

4.5
    He needs to be removed from the show. He is making a fool of himself and the he is stealing time so other great contestants do not have the time to speak .
  • When did this show become pg-13

I watch this show with my 11 year old daughter and soon to be 10 year old son. We had to turn the channel during the opening number and during Janel's number. Also some of the girls outfits are almost non-existent. Am I misunderstanding this to be something we can watch as a family?
  • Get Len back.

2.5
    I personally think it is time that those judges get with the program. Michael did a wonderful disco and disco as I remember it was never planned or time moves you just did your own thing. Which is exactly what he did. Bravo Michael.

Please bring back Len and get rid of Julianne she is just not working as far as I am concerned. She is very opinionate but if I remember correctly when she was on the the other side of the dance floor she hated it when they told her that she was wrong with the interpretation of a dance. Get off your high horse my dear.
  • Harsh scoring for no reason

I agree with the comments about the judges. Julianne can go back off and bring Len back. At least his truth was constructive. I agree also with a judge who has never seen the show and is not a dancer.
  • JUDGES NEED TO GET OFF THEIR HIGH HORSE

Tonight the judges were awful. Never have I ever made a comment like this but lady judges you got to calm down.. Also, if you are going to have guest judge, please select one that has at least seen the show before. Tonight's guest judge was totally worthless!!
  • Disappointed in rude judges!!

I enjoyed the dancing tonight but thought the judges were over the top RUDE. I don't like having guest judges especially when they don't know anything about dancing. I liked Julianne when she was an instructor but she needs to go as a judge. She is absolutely horrible. I didn't vote for Micheal Waltrip but they were unnecessarily rude. It's one thing to give constructive criticism and another to be plain RUDE!
  • Harsh scoring for no reason

I agree the judging is horrible. They are not very objective for professional dancers in the industry. People are seeing beautiful works of art and they are being seeming pretentious. Cheech Marin was exceptional for his age and very disrespected by Ms Julliane Hoff. These folks are not professionals and the older competitors who are working hard deserve a little respect. Alfonso Ribeiro from the "fresh prince of Bel air" was flawless and in synch with his partner. They were unnecessarily brutal and extremely off base. I had professional ballroom dancers who told me that they were wrong and facetiously nick-picky.
  • Judges

I think the judges r carrying the Sadie' s family beliefs to far. Carie Anne should have never said is your dad okay with the way u danced and clothes. They asked her to be on the show, so leave her beliefs out and score her fair. She should have gotten tens also. Don't judge her because of duck dynasty and her beliefs, be fair. I think the judges get to carried away with comments. I have watched every season, and love dancing with the stars. But please stop badgering Sadie, she's a nice girl doing what you judges r wanting her to do. Thank you
  • Scores

I'M be watching for more the 2 year's this show Dancers with the Stars I'Will tell you I got disappointed about the judge, because the have many dancer good and le give low score for sample the Boy blonde brother the Lady she she participacin in judge Its unfair with him today please ist the best colografo y no slo con l si no con muchos ms, I be honest today was the last day I'M be waching this show sinceramente Laura
  • Sloppy road.

I have loved "Dancing with the Stars" ever since Stacy Keibler and Drew Lachey competed on it. It's been one of my favorite shows and it always takes some time getting used to new pros but I agree others deserve an opportunity, specially the upgraded ones from The Troop. I applaud that. What took me completely off-guard was when production decided to not re-hire Brooke Burke-Charvet when she did an amazing job. She was cute, she was kind, fun and she had a personality that just clicked with everybody. I absolutely and definitely dislike Erin. She's disconnected from the contestants, she's way to nosy and she gets carried away with almost everything improper and too cheesy. I also dislike a 4th judge. I love Julianne and I like having her around, so this is not about her. It's just that 3 judges were more than enough already. Sometimes they don't even get to comment because of that same reason!

Anyways, it was going well for me this season because one thing I hated was a one-day show when for so many years it was live show and results show. They just went back to one and I miss it already. I like having that look backstage and hearing what the pros and contestants are going through before, during and right after their dance. I also enjoyed some of the artists invited and the crazy stuff they'd fill the results show with.

I love "Dancing with the Stars" but it looks like it's one-season-past from cancelled and it's just going to go down from there. I'd hate that so much, but they need to give it some serious thought and do what worked and did good for the show in the first place.
  • SUBSTITUTE JUDGE

I can't believe what DWTS did to Monday night's show. I have never missed the show in 19 seasons. They started the show by announcing the first couple in jeopardy. Really? What a downer. And then expected them to be first to dance. What was that all about?

Then they have a sit-in judge for Len, who admittedly had no dance experience whatsoever. What was he judging: the costumes, make-up????? The dancing, as always was beautiful, but the show was insulting from beginning to end.

I might think twice before watching next Monday. Sad!!!

< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10