Dane Cook's Tourgasm Forums

HBO (ended 2006)

Whats up With Jay AKA the UNFUNNY one??

tvlover89

[1]Jul 13, 2006
    • level: 10
    Okay, why is this guy on the bus? His not funny!! I mean come on, The guy sucks when it comes to delievering the laughs. and another thing, his like the groups Fluffer, he runs around with his lips glued to Danes A$$ getting the equipment ready and welcoming them on stage probably giving them B.J's at night. I don't know why he was invited on the bus, he is not funny, I mean his stupid nice-guy routine, COME ON.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dh4645

[2]Jul 13, 2006
    • level: 15
    he is pretty bad.

i guess dane is just trying to give him a shot. maybe he sees the potential that we dont ???

tvlover89

[3]Jul 13, 2006
    maybe

Dirk13

[4]Jul 13, 2006
    • level: 16
    well he does suck it pretty hard, but the second half of your "rant" is a bit off base, he is the HOST, it's his job to be the in between man and do what he's doing.

he's not funny and he's kind of a sissy to boot, but that other stuff is mainly what he is supposed to do, even a cool funny tour host would be doing that (and to be honest most guys in that position arent amazingly funny anyway, they generally are either newbies learning the ropes of comedy, or specialize in short punchy jokes that dont steal the show......of course again, even then they are alot funnier than Jay).

tvlover89

[5]Jul 14, 2006

um...well even a HOST of the show doesn't have to be such a fricking a$$ kisser

Dirk13

[6]Jul 14, 2006
    yeah but your examples are mainly what his JOB is during the show itself.

outside of that perhaps your misconstruing the fact that he's not close friends with Dane like Bobby is, or that he's just a sissy, perhaps.

tvlover89

[7]Jul 14, 2006
    Yeah okay, maybe I am. I just wish the guy could grow some balls.

Gilmoreism

[8]Jul 21, 2006
    • level: 37

I think he's got funnier. The Naked men in the locker room joke was actually funny. A few times he's actually delivered the jokes right. The nice guy routine for the most part isn't funny but that's because of the way he goes about it. I mean the one with the mugger.. That one was funny.

He is a a new comic it's obvious by the way that Dane gives him a lot of advice. I think Dane is great for taking an obviously new comic out with him.

tvlover89

[9]Jul 24, 2006

Fair enough, I guess I judged him too quickly he is only just getting his feet wet as a newbie comic...but you can't deny the fact he kiss's Dane's ass.

Dirk13

[10]Jul 25, 2006
    tvlover89 wrote:

Fair enough, I guess I judged him too quickly he is only just getting his feet wet as a newbie comic...but you can't deny the fact he kiss's Dane's ass.

we've been over this before guy, your view of ass kissing seems to commonly overlap with his job as the show host in general.

tvlover89

[11]Jul 26, 2006
    Okay, I'm starting to think Dirk is Jay, why else would you be defending him so much.

sushi432

[12]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 12
    [This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
    Edited on 08/10/2006 9:33pm

tvlover89

[13]Jul 29, 2006
    [This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
    Edited on 08/10/2006 9:34pm

Dirk13

[14]Aug 10, 2006

tvlover89 wrote:
    Okay, I'm starting to think Dirk is Jay, why else would you be defending him so much.

yeah thats right, i'm Jay alright, and i lurk around these message boards defending myself in only one instance where the user doesnt even know what is Jay not being funny and what is him simply doing his job.

Also, if i was Jay why would i admit that he's not good? i simply think you're criticisms of him are childish and misguided, as i explained once already, thought you understood, only to see you completely forget it twice now.

And most of that "news" is no longer inside news if you saw the last episode. Jay was a host for a comedy show in 2001, he had no comedic talent, he said it himself, he did it so he could be around funny people and learn from them. He DID put the show together back then though and gave Dane his start on it as one of the places he did his spots, according to the show. So he has a penchant for hosting and organization, but he's a poor comedian with little to no material, and even he has admited that on camera.

Edited on 08/10/2006 8:08pm
    Edited 2 total times.

kajusx

[15]Aug 11, 2006
    • level: 2
    you can't blame a guy for trying to be a stand-up comic. at least if he were funnier on stage it would kind of make up for his ill-advised approach to dealing with conflict off stage. how can someone pick a fight by telling someone they're not going to be nice to them anymore. don't be nice to robert. don't talk to him about it. sheesh.

tvlover89

[16]Aug 12, 2006
    Yeah well dirk, we discussed this before that episode aired where they did a background on all the people on the bus. Yeah. thats right Jay gave Dane a chance back when he was starting out so, Dane letting him on the bus is payback, I doubt he would've brought the guy if he didn't owe him one. Because, if you saw the last two episodes you see that no one liked Jay, not Robert and not even Gary.