Danny Phantom Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2007)

Official Couples Discussion

dp_fan92

[81]Apr 18, 2006
    • level: 9
    Now, ladies and gents, we have proof that D/S is the ULTIMATE PAIRING!!!!!!!! We all know Sam likes Danny and if you read the DCMH summary, he gets jealous when she likes someone else, meaning he has to like her!!!!!!!!! IN YOUR FACES!!!!!!!!! (no offence)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danfan13

[82]Apr 18, 2006
    • level: 19
    *blank stare, followed by a quick realization* Drat. As expected, I'm not fond of the summary. I love keeping myself open to new possibilites, but I don't want it to turn out like "Fanning the Flames". (IMO, FtF was over-rated.) Not to mention that DCMH sounds roughly like a fanfic I've read before. It's an unfortunately over-used idea.

Ah well. Guess I'll have to use that open mind of mine and enjoy DCMH for what it is. Glad ya'll got the episode you've been waiting for.

flamesword47

[83]Apr 18, 2006
    • level: 14
    You're not alone there pal.....

Flashx11

[84]Apr 18, 2006
    • level: 3
    :
    (Some parts removed for size)
    •Gone on a date. I know a lot of other shippers will debate about this, but honestly. Think about it for a second. It isn't just a friendly dinner. First of all, Danny and Sam would have invited Tucker if it hadn't been a date. Actually, this is one of the first times they've ever been anywhere without Tucker. Have you ever seen Danny and Sam alone anywhere that doesn't have to do with ghost fighting? Nope. Second, think about what Danny said. His words were, "...but you're paying. This is the 21st century." Before, the custom was that if the two were going on a date, the guy would pay. Now, if this were just a friendly meal together, would Danny have brought up an old rule? Again, nope. Third, they left arm-in-arm. What are the odds of Danny and Sam, thought of as "just friends", leaving Tucker behind to go to Burger together, arm-in-arm and the event just being called a friendly dinner? Think logically here--would you consider it one if your best friend of the opposite gender did something like that?

When did they go on a date? Sorry, I haven't seen all the episods--I only recently got cable, but I saw most of them at a friend's house. I know the summaries, though.

danfan13

[85]Apr 18, 2006
    flamesword47 wrote:

I'm not alone? *pause* Cool! (Heh, after seeing the myriad of praise the summary got, it's just neat to see something different is all.)

hsp_hsp

[86]Apr 18, 2006
    • level: 10
    danfan13 wrote:
    *blank stare, followed by a quick realization* Drat. As expected, I'm not fond of the summary. I love keeping myself open to new possibilites, but I don't want it to turn out like "Fanning the Flames". (IMO, FtF was over-rated.) Not to mention that DCMH sounds roughly like a fanfic I've read before. It's an unfortunately over-used idea.

Ah well. Guess I'll have to use that open mind of mine and enjoy DCMH for what it is. Glad ya'll got the episode you've been waiting for.

*pokes Eryn with a random funnily-named object (a bagel, a yam, kumquat, poodle, whatever)* I agree with you. I don't like "Fanning the Flames" and currently, I don't have much of an opinion on the next episode: just hoping that Butch will work his imaginative magic. I want it to be a really good episode.

danfan13

[87]Apr 18, 2006
    hsp_hsp wrote:
    danfan13 wrote:

*pokes Eryn with a random funnily-named object (a bagel, a yam, kumquat, poodle, whatever)* I agree with you. I don't like "Fanning the Flames" and currently, I don't have much of an opinion on the next episode: just hoping that Butch will work his imaginative magic. I want it to be a really good episode.

Agreed. Many people were unsure of how Kindred Spirits would work out. I liked the outcome, but I was one of the people who were in doubt before it aired. (Forgive me, Butch!) Of course, DCMH is... well, different, I suppose. I'm with you on hoping that Butch can make this one great, because he can do some great things with his imagination.

As for the random funnily-named object, can I request the kumquat?

flamesword47

[88]Apr 18, 2006
    [QUOTE="danfan13"]
    flamesword47 wrote:
    after seeing the myriad of praise the summary got, it's just neat to see something different is all.

Exactly.

The prasie for anything D/S related gets so out-of-hand here, it's not even funny, lol

charmed4eva5000

[89]Apr 18, 2006
    • level: 17
    [QUOTE="flamesword47"]
    danfan13 wrote:
    flamesword47 wrote:
    after seeing the myriad of praise the summary got, it's just neat to see something different is all.

Exactly.

The prasie for anything D/S related gets so out-of-hand here, it's not even funny, lol

Agreed! I'm a D/S shipper but this is crazy! Has people truly forgot wut this show is about? Geeze people! Go to the DCMH and see my full rant.

hsp_hsp

[90]Apr 18, 2006
    • level: 10
    danfan13 wrote:
    hsp_hsp wrote:
    danfan13 wrote:

Agreed. Many people were unsure of how Kindred Spirits would work out. I liked the outcome, but I was one of the people who were in doubt before it aired. (Forgive me, Butch!) Of course, DCMH is... well, different, I suppose. I'm with you on hoping that Butch can make this one great, because he can do some great things with his imagination.

Sure. *pokes Eryn with the kumquat... OF DOOM!*

Anyhoodles, this episode doesn't feeling the same to me. Something about it is giving me this feeling that I won't like it, which is an extreme rarity. I was ecstatic about KS and managed to believe it'd be great from the first time I read the summary to the time it aired. (And I still think it's great!) *sighs* Maybe it's just because this one sounds exactly like several fan-fictions I've read.

... Or it could just be an effect of my bad week/day/whatever. I've been feeling really out of sorts lately.

danfan13

[91]Apr 18, 2006
    charmed4eva5000 wrote:
    flamesword47 wrote:
    danfan13 wrote:

Exactly.

Agreed! I'm a D/S shipper but this is crazy! Has people truly forgot wut this show is about? Geeze people! Go to the DCMH and see my full rant.

I don't mean to sound offensive, (because I'm sure at least one person will have the urge to poke me with a flaming pitchfork) but sometimes the spazzing out over the D/S is kind of amusing, I agree. Though sometimes it is a bit annoying. I don't like it when I have to sort comments from "OMG, it's finally happenin cuz DS is lyke so cuuuute!!!!!11one".

Sorry... random rant. Ignore that post there.

danfan13

[92]Apr 18, 2006
    hsp_hsp wrote:
    danfan13 wrote:
    hsp_hsp wrote:
    danfan13 wrote:

Sure. *pokes Eryn with the kumquat... OF DOOM!*

Anyhoodles, this episode doesn't feeling the same to me. Something about it is giving me this feeling that I won't like it, which is an extreme rarity. I was ecstatic about KS and managed to believe it'd be great from the first time I read the summary to the time it aired. (And I still think it's great!) *sighs* Maybe it's just because this one sounds exactly like several fan-fictions I've read.

... Or it could just be an effect of my bad week/day/whatever. I've been feeling really out of sorts lately.

Yay for the kumquat of doom! [i]*sings the Doom Song*[i]

And yeah, DCMH doesn't give me a good feeling, either. I'd elaborate, but I had to get offline for a few minutes and I'll have tons of posts to read. (many people are on today) And I hope you feel better, Bree.

Edit: Actually, no one posted after me. I'm hoping it wasn't me...
    Edited on 04/18/2006 6:21pm

Konman83

[93]Apr 18, 2006
    • level: 6
    danfan13 wrote:
    flamesword47 wrote:

I'm not alone? *pause* Cool! (Heh, after seeing the myriad of praise the summary got, it's just neat to see something different is all.)

No, you are not alone.

Maybe we shouldn't speculate about episodes anymore. It only leads to disappointment.

danfan13

[94]Apr 18, 2006
    Konman83 wrote:
    danfan13 wrote:
    flamesword47 wrote:

No, you are not alone.

Maybe we shouldn't speculate about episodes anymore. It only leads to disappointment.

It's nice to know I'm not alone. Not that I disrespect other people's opinions, but I'm a fan of diversity; so sue me.

As for episode speculation, not all of them led to disappointments. When I read the summary for MoAT, I thought it sounded great. When I read the summary for KS, I thought it wouldn't be so good. I wound up liking both episodes. Of course, not every episode is going to be great, but we just have to hope for the best. And speculation isn't always fun for everyone. I respect that.

flamesword47

[95]Apr 18, 2006
    Yeah not every episode has been a disappointment. Were just currently in that stage of the series were everything looks like fanfiction, but sonner or later that'll come to pass.

Konman83

[96]Apr 18, 2006
    I know. It's just the idea of Valerie finding out Danny's secret and having to deal with her feelings for Danny and her disgust of Phantom just sounds like a better episode to me.

I respect what Butch and crew are doing, but this just seems like a fan-service episode to me.

I don't know. Maybe you guys are right. Maybe it will be a good episode. And maybe we'll get the Danny/Valerie confrontation we're hoping for in season 3.

flamesword47

[97]Apr 18, 2006
    LOL, if Butch ends up turning his show into a "fan-service" like you put it, it will be in great danger.

danfan13

[98]Apr 18, 2006
    Konman83 wrote:
    I know. It's just the idea of Valerie finding out Danny's secret and having to deal with her feelings for Danny and her disgust of Phantom just sounds like a better episode to me.

I respect what Butch and crew are doing, but this just seems like a fan-service episode to me.

I don't know. Maybe you guys are right. Maybe it will be a good episode. And maybe we'll get the Danny/Valerie confrontation we're hoping for in season 3.

I agree with that. I was one of the people hoping that DCMH would deal with Valerie and Danny's secret. When I compare it to the actual summary we have, I can't help but admit that I'm disappointed. (Now I wonder if we'll ever see Valerie again before the series finale.) What we currently have for DCMH just seems like fluff to please the shippers. It's not the fact that they chose D/S, but the idea in general. I'm worried about how it will turn out.

As flamesword said, it should come to pass. I'm sure hoping it does, anyway.

phoenix72389

[99]Apr 18, 2006
    flamesword47 wrote:
    LOL, if Butch ends up turning his show into a "fan-service" like you put it, it will be in great danger.

This is true.

Much as I do like the DCMH summary, and had my fan girl attack on it (see, I admit and accept my lunacy! lol), I still realize that it still could tank, unless the same magic put on MoAT and KS prevails there as well.

But on the whole, Butch couldn't do a "fan-service". He wouldn't dare. Half the stuff would turn out to be slash and heaven knows that would never fly.

charmed4eva5000

[100]Apr 19, 2006
    • level: 17
    danfan13 wrote:
    charmed4eva5000 wrote:
    flamesword47 wrote:
    danfan13 wrote:

Exactly.

I don't mean to sound offensive, (because I'm sure at least one person will have the urge to poke me with a flaming pitchfork) but sometimes the spazzing out over the D/S is kind of amusing, I agree. Though sometimes it is a bit annoying. I don't like it when I have to sort comments from "OMG, it's finally happenin cuz DS is lyke so cuuuute!!!!!11one".

Sorry... random rant. Ignore that post there.

It's okay, but hey sumbody has to put a stand, I don't mean stop, just calm down a bit, chill, it's funny at tymes, I mean I do it sumtymes too, but not constantly and I don't put down ppl who want D/V to happen, it's their opinion. Just calm down!