Danny Phantom Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2007)

Possible Theory

  • Avatar of katrish

    katrish

    [1]Feb 10, 2007
    • member since: 01/16/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 2,485

    I know everyone's mad about the delay of new episodes, especially they haven't even had a airdate mentioned for the US. (Myself included) I also know everyone's blaming Nick and starting mobs (once again guilty as well) But a thought occured to me....

    What if Nick hasn't shown the eps here yet for a couple of reasons?

    1) To see how well it would do in other countries? Latin America got the other episodes after we did, right? (Or at least that's what I heard) Maybe they wanted to see the effect/reaction to showing something there for the first time and see what the response would be over there. Some shows do that, so it's definitely possible.

    2) To see what the reaction/response would be here? Another trick some shows/movies use to see their popularity. If the new eps aired over there first and the US didn't care that would show that there isn't that much support. But now that's it obvious that everyone DOES care (and is pretty downright mad about it) it's showing that the show does in fact have a large following and many fans. (which is usually taken into consideration)

    3) What if it's all a big set up? As in, "what if they are coming here but are all going to air at once?" Maybe there's a certain date that Nick is waiting for. I don't know about you but I could use a day or weekend (or maybe even week) long marathon....

    5) And after all that, the ever hopeful (for many fans) What if they're holding off until they really make up their mind about cancellation? (although the least likely, but goes along with the others) Yes, DP was announced for cancellation, but it's always possible that could change. I mean look at FOP and KP (just a few more hours til new season YAY!) They just got a whole new chance. When Nick decided to pull the plug on the show, they may have been doing it to pull way for other shows (such as Kappa Mikay and the *dryly* ever wonderful Mr. Meaty). In fact not that long ago it was announced that Amy Poehler (my favorite current SNL cast member besides Seth Meyers) is doing one within the next few years. Maybe they'll see that a lot of people have dropped from Nick after finding out about the cancellation (which is actually true) and after comparing it to their new shows, possible rethink the decision? Especially since so far they new ones have all been really good? Especially compared to some of the older ones?

    It's possible that Nick may be reconsidering.....but again, not likely...

    The point is as much fun as it is to yell and scream and call Nick evil incarnates and blasphemy (which I love doing) the truth is there's probably actually a very good reason behind what's going on.

    And if not...*shrugs* Well, we're gonna kill Nick anyways already....

    Edited on 02/10/2007 8:17am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of phantomphriend

    phantomphriend

    [2]Feb 10, 2007
    • member since: 07/12/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,587
    katrish wrote:

    I know everyone's mad about the delay of new episodes, especially they haven't even had a airdate mentioned for the US. (Myself included) I also know everyone's blaming Nick and starting mobs (once again guilty as well) But a thought occured to me....

    What if Nick hasn't shown the eps here yet for a couple of reasons?

    1) To see how well it would do in other countries? Latin America got the other episodes after we did, right? (Or at least that's what I heard) Maybe they wanted to see the effect/reaction to showing something there for the first time and see what the response would be over there. Some shows do that, so it's definitely possible.

    2) To see what the reaction/response would be here? Another trick some shows/movies use to see their popularity. If the new eps aired over there first and the US didn't care that would show that there isn't that much support. But now that's it obvious that everyone DOES care (and is pretty downright mad about it) it's showing that the show does in fact have a large following and many fans. (which is usually taken into consideration)

    3) What if it's all a big set up? As in, "what if they are coming here but are all going to air at once?" Maybe there's a certain date that Nick is waiting for. I don't know about you but I could use a day or weekend (or maybe even week) long marathon....

    4) And after all that, the ever hopeful (for many fans) What if they're holding off until they really make up their mind about cancellation? (although the least likely, but goes along with the others) Yes, DP was announced for cancellation, but it's always possible that could change. I mean look at FOP and KP (just a few more hours til new season YAY!) They just got a whole new chance. When Nick decided to pull the plug on the show, they may have been doing it to pull way for other shows (such as Kappa Mikay and the *dryly* ever wonderful Mr. Meaty). In fact not that long ago it was announced that Amy Poehler (my favorite current SNL cast member besides Seth Meyers) is doing one within the next few years. Maybe they'll see that a lot of people have dropped from Nick after finding out about the cancellation (which is actually true) and after comparing it to their new shows, possible rethink the decision? Especially since so far they new ones have all been really good? Especially compared to some of the older ones?

    It's possible that Nick may be reconsidering.....but again, not likely...

    The point is as much fun as it is to yell and scream and call Nick evil incarnates and blasphemy (which I love doing) the truth is there's probably actually a very good reason behind what's going on.

    And if not...*shrugs* Well, we're gonna kill Nick anyways already....

    You know, I've been thinking alot about it too... I agree with you, I VOTE that either 2 or 4. Those I think are most likely, that's why I think we should still vote my initial idea of 'Thank you nick'

    WHEN we DO get these new eppisodes PLEASE everyone write a THANKS card to nick, even if it's just a "Dear Nick, thanks for new season 3 eppisodes, we are very happy and please continue to show them, yours _____"

    DO something, please! It MAY be what Nick either won't be accepting or will be. Maybe, if we suddenly THANK them, EVEN though we haven't had new ones for months, maybe that will show them how die heart PHANS we are... just an idea, but please take it to heart.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of paulinaph

    paulinaph

    [3]Feb 10, 2007
    • member since: 08/08/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 2,291
    phantomphriend wrote:
    katrish wrote:

    I know everyone's mad about the delay of new episodes, especially they haven't even had a airdate mentioned for the US. (Myself included) I also know everyone's blaming Nick and starting mobs (once again guilty as well) But a thought occured to me....

    What if Nick hasn't shown the eps here yet for a couple of reasons?

    1) To see how well it would do in other countries? Latin America got the other episodes after we did, right? (Or at least that's what I heard) Maybe they wanted to see the effect/reaction to showing something there for the first time and see what the response would be over there. Some shows do that, so it's definitely possible.

    2) To see what the reaction/response would be here? Another trick some shows/movies use to see their popularity. If the new eps aired over there first and the US didn't care that would show that there isn't that much support. But now that's it obvious that everyone DOES care (and is pretty downright mad about it) it's showing that the show does in fact have a large following and many fans. (which is usually taken into consideration)

    3) What if it's all a big set up? As in, "what if they are coming here but are all going to air at once?" Maybe there's a certain date that Nick is waiting for. I don't know about you but I could use a day or weekend (or maybe even week) long marathon....

    4) And after all that, the ever hopeful (for many fans) What if they're holding off until they really make up their mind about cancellation? (although the least likely, but goes along with the others) Yes, DP was announced for cancellation, but it's always possible that could change. I mean look at FOP and KP (just a few more hours til new season YAY!) They just got a whole new chance. When Nick decided to pull the plug on the show, they may have been doing it to pull way for other shows (such as Kappa Mikay and the *dryly* ever wonderful Mr. Meaty). In fact not that long ago it was announced that Amy Poehler (my favorite current SNL cast member besides Seth Meyers) is doing one within the next few years. Maybe they'll see that a lot of people have dropped from Nick after finding out about the cancellation (which is actually true) and after comparing it to their new shows, possible rethink the decision? Especially since so far they new ones have all been really good? Especially compared to some of the older ones?

    It's possible that Nick may be reconsidering.....but again, not likely...

    The point is as much fun as it is to yell and scream and call Nick evil incarnates and blasphemy (which I love doing) the truth is there's probably actually a very good reason behind what's going on.

    And if not...*shrugs* Well, we're gonna kill Nick anyways already....

    You know, I've been thinking alot about it too... I agree with you, I VOTE that either 2 or 4. Those I think are most likely, that's why I think we should still vote my initial idea of 'Thank you nick'

    WHEN we DO get these new eppisodes PLEASE everyone write a THANKS card to nick, even if it's just a "Dear Nick, thanks for new season 3 eppisodes, we are very happy and please continue to show them, yours _____"

    DO something, please! It MAY be what Nick either won't be accepting or will be. Maybe, if we suddenly THANK them, EVEN though we haven't had new ones for months, maybe that will show them how die heart PHANS we are... just an idea, but please take it to heart.


    i'm going to write them i have already wrote 3 times but anything for danny phantom, i would like it to be n.4
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of trm6

    trm6

    [4]Feb 10, 2007
    • member since: 02/17/06
    • level: 45
    • rank: Swizzle-Bird
    • posts: 1,428

    Those are all very good reasons, and they all make sense, but I'm beginning to wonder if Nick is ever going to air the new episodes. Look what happened to All Grown Up, Jimmy Neutron, and My Life as a Teenage Robot. Why isn't Nick airing those new episodes? Did they get cancelled or what?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gibsonmar

    gibsonmar

    [5]Feb 10, 2007
    • member since: 09/21/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 332
    I think is reason 1 or 2, because it was a cancelled show they want to know if it is worthy airing them in a 300 million country
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gibsonmar

    gibsonmar

    [6]Feb 10, 2007
    • member since: 09/21/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 332

    Latin America is a test, but really, if they spent money in translating them ,then i 100% sure that sooner or later (and i think that it will be march or april) Nick will air them

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DannyXSam4eva

    DannyXSam4eva

    [7]Feb 10, 2007
    • member since: 10/04/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 55
    Those are all really good ideas for the delay. My theory was that they had to remake the episodes because Nick aired them out of order and Danny needed to use his ice powers. But when they were aired in South America, I had to change it. Now I'm guessing that Nick is trying to air them, but they have to air the new shows 'Naked Brothers Band', 'El Tigre', 'Just Jordan', and 'Wayside'. They are probably too busy to air Danny Phantom.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of redpoet2

    redpoet2

    [8]Feb 10, 2007
    • member since: 04/12/06
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 5,274
    DannyXSam4eva wrote:
    Those are all really good ideas for the delay. My theory was that they had to remake the episodes because Nick aired them out of order and Danny needed to use his ice powers. But when they were aired in South America, I had to change it. Now I'm guessing that Nick is trying to air them, but they have to air the new shows 'Naked Brothers Band', 'El Tigre', 'Just Jordan', and 'Wayside'. They are probably too busy to air Danny Phantom.
    They're porbably worried that once they air them, they'll see how many people like the show, and have to admit that canceling DP was a bad idea. But they will proably never admit that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cookmeup

    cookmeup

    [9]Feb 10, 2007
    • member since: 12/10/06
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 651
    ya but I think its just not smart on Nick's part to finish off Urban Jungle before the original premire of the 3rd season, which was what? EFaE? It woulve made so much more sense for Nick to wait and air it instead of UJ.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of phantomphriend

    phantomphriend

    [10]Feb 10, 2007
    • member since: 07/12/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,587
    Totally agree with cookmeup too,
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of trm6

    trm6

    [11]Feb 10, 2007
    • member since: 02/17/06
    • level: 45
    • rank: Swizzle-Bird
    • posts: 1,428

    phantomphriend wrote:
    Totally agree with cookmeup too,

    I agree with her too

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Freaklvl27

    Freaklvl27

    [12]Feb 10, 2007
    • member since: 06/21/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 3,824
    those are pretty logical reasons...im guessing either 1, 2, or 4.....my mom said she thought they were aring them in other counrties to see how well they did too. she's pretty ticked they're not airing here either and she didnt feel like trying to watch them on the computer when me and my sis were already there.(Muahahahahaha im so good at manipulating people to like the show)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of paulinaph

    paulinaph

    [13]Feb 10, 2007
    • member since: 08/08/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 2,291
    Freaklvl27 wrote:
    those are pretty logical reasons...im guessing either 1, 2, or 4.....my mom said she thought they were aring them in other counrties to see how well they did too. she's pretty ticked they're not airing here either and she didnt feel like trying to watch them on the computer when me and my sis were already there.(Muahahahahaha im so good at manipulating people to like the show)


    me 2
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sollunaestrella

    sollunaestrella

    [14]Feb 10, 2007
    • member since: 07/24/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 145
    trm6 wrote:

    Those are all very good reasons, and they all make sense, but I'm beginning to wonder if Nick is ever going to air the new episodes. Look what happened to All Grown Up, Jimmy Neutron, and My Life as a Teenage Robot. Why isn't Nick airing those new episodes? Did they get cancelled or what?



    Actually, they did finish up airing the Jimmy Neutron episodes... but the same thing happened as is happening now with DP - the unaired episodes leaked online from other countries, and fans were able to watch them anyway before the U. S. finally decided to air them (I think it was last November).

    Of course, that was the last of them, and it seems there won't be any more unless they come up with a spin-off, which, depending on what it is, could be bad.

    *end off-topic rant*

    But I see your point.  Nick is notorious for not really caring about its fans - not really news to anyone, I'm sure.  Who really knows what's going through their heads?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of seethae3

    seethae3

    [15]Feb 10, 2007
    • member since: 09/12/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 311

    I actually work with syndicated television and, unfortunately, there is really only one reason they would do this - $$$. Nick decides what shows to air depending on how much $ they bring in. Shows make $ from their commercials. The companies (Kelloggs, Dell, etc.) basically say something like "we'll pay Nick $5,000 for every household that watches the show." That's what Neilson ratings are for.

    The problem behind the cancellation of DP lies in the fact that often, especially with shows geared towards kids, companies say "we'll pay Nick $5,000 for every person age 8-12 or 13-18, etc. who watches the show." The whole problem is that most people watching are in their late teens, while they sold their commercials for ages 8-12. Nick could have every person on the planet over 20 watching DP and they wouldn't make any $ and DP would still be canceled. (This is the same reason Batman Beyond was canceled. It was getting great ratings, but everyone watching was in their late teens/early 20s, while the commercials were promised 8-12 year old viewers. I loved that show!)

    The reason it's being aired in other countries is either 1)that more people in the age range are watching there, 2) no other shows are getting significantly higher ratings there or 3) the agreement in those countries is per household, not per age range. Unfortunately, the fact that they're holding back airing it here, speaks loud and clear that they've already made their decision.

    Edited on 02/10/2007 3:08pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kaybee_2

    kaybee_2

    [16]Feb 10, 2007
    • member since: 01/29/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 2,829

    I'm confused.

    Remember when Catscratch was at its peak of popularity? They were airing eppies right and left. Then, slowly, it died out...and people didn't really think about it that much.

    But then, *boom*...it came back. Suddenly Burger King's sponsoring it and there's this new special and marathon of it, leaving most people scratching their heads and going, "WTH?"

    I think that's what Nick is doing. I think they're testing DP's popularity. If enough people make a fuss about it being gone in the US for so long, they'll see that yes, it's a popular show, and they might think twice about it's cancellation. I think they've done the same thing with Catscratch, and, surprisingly, it showed that more people like it than we might think.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dannyluvr101

    dannyluvr101

    [17]Feb 10, 2007
    • member since: 01/07/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,261

    kaybee_2 wrote:
    But then, *boom*...it came back. Suddenly Burger King's sponsoring it and there's this new special and marathon of it, leaving most people scratching their heads and going, "WTH?"
    Actually McDonald's is the place with the Catscratch toys. Which seems weird to me 'cause Burger King is the restauraunt that has all of the Nick toys and then McDonald's has all of the Disney toys...*shrugs*

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kaybee_2

    kaybee_2

    [18]Feb 10, 2007
    • member since: 01/29/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 2,829
    dannyluvr101 wrote:

    kaybee_2 wrote:
    But then, *boom*...it came back. Suddenly Burger King's sponsoring it and there's this new special and marathon of it, leaving most people scratching their heads and going, "WTH?"
    Actually McDonald's is the place with the Catscratch toys. Which seems weird to me 'cause Burger King is the restauraunt that has all of the Nick toys and then McDonald's has all of the Disney toys...*shrugs*



    True.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dannyluvr101

    dannyluvr101

    [19]Feb 10, 2007
    • member since: 01/07/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,261
    Anyways, I do agree on that theory. Maybe seeing that it's popular in other countries could help save DP.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of latinblue

    latinblue

    [20]Feb 10, 2007
    • member since: 07/15/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 2,838
    phantomphriend wrote:
    katrish wrote:

    I know everyone's mad about the delay of new episodes, especially they haven't even had a airdate mentioned for the US. (Myself included) I also know everyone's blaming Nick and starting mobs (once again guilty as well) But a thought occured to me....

    What if Nick hasn't shown the eps here yet for a couple of reasons?

    1) To see how well it would do in other countries? Latin America got the other episodes after we did, right? (Or at least that's what I heard) Maybe they wanted to see the effect/reaction to showing something there for the first time and see what the response would be over there. Some shows do that, so it's definitely possible.

    2) To see what the reaction/response would be here? Another trick some shows/movies use to see their popularity. If the new eps aired over there first and the US didn't care that would show that there isn't that much support. But now that's it obvious that everyone DOES care (and is pretty downright mad about it) it's showing that the show does in fact have a large following and many fans. (which is usually taken into consideration)

    3) What if it's all a big set up? As in, "what if they are coming here but are all going to air at once?" Maybe there's a certain date that Nick is waiting for. I don't know about you but I could use a day or weekend (or maybe even week) long marathon....

    4) And after all that, the ever hopeful (for many fans) What if they're holding off until they really make up their mind about cancellation? (although the least likely, but goes along with the others) Yes, DP was announced for cancellation, but it's always possible that could change. I mean look at FOP and KP (just a few more hours til new season YAY!) They just got a whole new chance. When Nick decided to pull the plug on the show, they may have been doing it to pull way for other shows (such as Kappa Mikay and the *dryly* ever wonderful Mr. Meaty). In fact not that long ago it was announced that Amy Poehler (my favorite current SNL cast member besides Seth Meyers) is doing one within the next few years. Maybe they'll see that a lot of people have dropped from Nick after finding out about the cancellation (which is actually true) and after comparing it to their new shows, possible rethink the decision? Especially since so far they new ones have all been really good? Especially compared to some of the older ones?

    It's possible that Nick may be reconsidering.....but again, not likely...

    The point is as much fun as it is to yell and scream and call Nick evil incarnates and blasphemy (which I love doing) the truth is there's probably actually a very good reason behind what's going on.

    And if not...*shrugs* Well, we're gonna kill Nick anyways already....

    You know, I've been thinking alot about it too... I agree with you, I VOTE that either 2 or 4. Those I think are most likely, that's why I think we should still vote my initial idea of 'Thank you nick'

    WHEN we DO get these new eppisodes PLEASE everyone write a THANKS card to nick, even if it's just a "Dear Nick, thanks for new season 3 eppisodes, we are very happy and please continue to show them, yours _____"

    DO something, please! It MAY be what Nick either won't be accepting or will be. Maybe, if we suddenly THANK them, EVEN though we haven't had new ones for months, maybe that will show them how die heart PHANS we are... just an idea, but please take it to heart.

    I already send a "thanks" mail to Nick latinamercia *everyone stares at me with a "Im gonna kill you" eyes* What?? I'm serious I did *ppl keep staring at me* mmm this is the part when I run away.
    Even thought the latinamerican pg of Nick is not as cool as the US page, they have this feature where you can write to nick, and they would post some of them on the pg for a week, I wrote to nick thanking them.
    But that's beside the point, and maybe yo are right, they are testing how is our and yours reactions towards the places the shows are airing, but I think it's nothing to do with Nick latinamerica, is more something to do with US nick, because we all know that Nick latinamerica recieves a great amount of rating with DP, but what's with US Nick? maybe they are testing you guys in US, to see how you guys respond with the amount of time without new episodes, maybe they want to see if the phans doesn't get bored without episodes, or maybe they want to air them in a big marathon, like they did here with a 3hours marathon, or even more than 3 hours, maybe with a 5hours marathon (10 episodes), that would be a dream come true XDD
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.