Danny Phantom

Nickelodeon (ended 2007)

Danny Phantom Fan Reviews page 6 of 27

• Danny is teenager having to fight ghosts and deal with family and high school.

As you can see by my rating, I love Danny Phantom. But when I first saw promos for it, I didn't think it had much of a chance. That is, until I watched it for myself.

After watching a few episodes, I was hooked and considered this one of the better things Nick has done. I watched the new episodes, anticipated it's airings and just plainly loved it.

The acting is great. Some people are irritated by Danny's voice, but it suits him perfectly. Sam and Tucker are superbly voiced as well. And I love the celebrity guest voices. But even the non-celebrity actors & actresses are still great at their job as well.

I was sad to hear this was canceled though. It's such a great show! It has great episode plots, great story arcs and great animation. It deserves a 9.5 by far for the work put into it.
  • This is one Nick's finest shows (not as good as SpongeBob, but still). This show has a lot of promise, though I think some of the eps could have gone better.

This is a fine creation of Nickelodeon. True, there have been a few episodes that I'm not fond of, but the show overall is pretty good. The plotline: When evil ghosts are on the attack, normal teenager Danny Fenton turns into the courageous Danny Phantom. Together with his techno geek buddy Tucker and his would-be goth girlfriend Sam, Danny saves the day time and again. Despite some bad publicity in the past, people have begun to see Danny as the hero he is. Recently, I have seen what seems to be the last episode in the series (unless some fans have something to say about it), and I must say I liked what I saw. If Nick decides to make more episodes following it, it will definitely be worth watching.
  • Has danny phantom really been canceled? i heard they are stopping at 53 episodes, and it makes me sad...i really loved this show. Nickelodeon, you're a bunch of idiots. Why get rid of DP yet keep stuff like drake and josh?!

nickelodeon better keep this show. i know at the top of tv.com, where it says the show's status, that its a returning series. i really hope thats the case. Wikipedia told me it was being canceled so idk... can anyone tell me if this is the case or not? i really hope its not! that will break my heart ='(
    damn you nickelodeon! get rid of drake and josh, or some other cheese-tastic show. leave danny phantom alone!
    so please, if anyone can let me know if its actually been canceled, can you post a response? id be so glad to hear what's actually going on!
  • This is the best show you've ever made. So keep it going please.

This is one of my favorte shows. You can not stop making it. It was geting really good. I am anxiouns to see what else can happen. What would happen if Valerie finds out about Danny? Will she join his team or will she tell every one? What if Jazz gets ghost powers and has to save Danny. Will his mom and dad finale learn his secret identity? What if his evil futter self escapes and comes back. Will he finally be seen as a hero to every one? I can not stand the suspence. I have seen lots of shows come and go. But this is one that should stay on longer. So please make a nother seasen.
  • Another awesome show

I'm glad this show came to Nickelodeon.Without it,Nick would not be complete.I love the characters.Heroes,villains,and regular people alike.I cannot wait for the new episodes to air.Hopefully,they'll live up to all the hype everybody is talking about.This show deserves a perfect ten for it's pure awesomeness.(I wish we could give higher scores though.)
  • This show is the best that nickelodeon has on the air.

This show was a great idea and now they want to cancel it. In Canada all of the episodes have already been aired and they have already shown reruns, so why is it that in the US they have barely started showing season three, not counting that tv movie, and they are showing them quickly all at once as if trying to be done with the show and get it all over with. The next show from Nickelodeon had better be as good as this show was or else they had better renew this show for another season or two.
  • one of my fav cartoon

Danny Phantom centers on the life and adventure of curious, shy, naive 14-year-old Danny Fenton, an unpopular kid attending Casper High, living with eccentric ghost hunting parents, and dealing with an overbearing sister; clearly unsure about his life. Upon pressure of his best friend, Sam, he wandered inside his parent's Ghost Portal, accidentally pressing a button that zapped his entire body, coating his DNA with ectoplasm, transforming him into a half ghost boy. Panicked over his powers at first, after the defeat of a bipolar Lunch Lady Ghost, Danny now turned to a life of superhero-ism, using his powers to rid his hometown of Amity Park from the various ghosts (either entities/monsters or spirits from the deceased from another dimension) that plague it, teamed with his best friends, techno-geek Tucker Foley and gothic-minded Samantha (Sam) Manson. Aside from a variety of ghosts, he faces other threats of many caliber, including vengeful ghost hunter Valerie Gray, other half ghost/rival Vlad Masters/Plasmius, and even his own parents--being ghost hunter extremists, they view Danny Phantom (and any ghosts) as a menace to society. Throughout it all, Danny slowly realizes his own potential and what his purpose is while his worlds - both the Ghost Zone and Earth - slowly begin to accept him as their defender.
  • This is a very great, awesome, unbelieveable and exciting show!

This show is about a 14 year old boy, who is a freshman in high school. In a freak accident, he receives ghost powers! I really did like this show, whenever it came out but later when I watched one of the movies called "The Ultimate Enemy" I was really sucked into this show! It is much better than the other shows Nickelodeon airs. Danny Phantom is a very original show and should really receive more fame and credit than what it is getting right now. Some people may think that Danny Phantom is childish, but it is really a show for all ages. It has drama, comedy, romance and of course action all packed up in this wonderful cartoon. Overall, this is one of Nick's best shows they have aired and I hope this show can be saved and not end at 53 episodes!
  • One of the best shows ever!!!

Danny Phantom is one of the coolest and greatest shows ever. It is one of Nickelodean's greatest success. I really love this show alot. I can't wait for new episodes to come. Danny Phantom isn't as childish as people think. Like people always say "It's a kids' show." It is not. Danny Phantom is a really cool show. It has action, drama, romance, and humor. What else do you want? This show rocks! I do not know what else to say except to watch the show and give it a chance and do not judge it before watching it. End.
  • Danny Phantom is one of the best shows I have ever seen.Danny is amazing.We have to save Danny.

Danny Phantom is such a amazing show.I can't believe Nick's going to cancel it.As Danny's fans lets make sure that never happens.Danny is so funny and his powers are amazing.His ice powers are the best and don't forget the ghostly wail.Tucker is funny too but not as funny as Danny.Go Danny go.Thanks for reading.
  • My second guiltiest pleasure. ^_^

Despite a few shortcomings, " Danny Phantom" earns a place as one of Nickelodeon's best ( albeit terribly underrated ) shows. The series' premise is something we've all seen: kid gets superpowers, and boy does he use 'em. But Butch Hartman, creative genius that he is, managed to make the series feel so fresh that I couldn't help but be drawn to it. I'll admit it, I was once part of the crowd who thought DP was a poorly written, poorly written, overly corny attempt to milk the superhero cash cow. I didn't get into the series until about a year ago. Now, I'm hooked.

The animation style is unique, and adds an excellent comic-book feel to it ( highly appropriate, in my opinion ). Artistic styles will sometimes vary from episode to episode, and while some will be irritated by inconsistency, I found the diversity quite refreshing. Movements are, for the most part, clean pleasing to the eye. Character designs are excellent, and look of the series alone is worth a high score. Kudos to the art staff!

The storytelling in " Danny Phantom" is usually very good. No matter how unbelievable the situation, you just go along with it. With each quirky, action-packed new adventure, you learn to love ( or hate ) the characters more than you did before. Some episodes suffer from a flat storyline or a lack of character/story development, but these are few and far between.

Characterization is sometimes a little flat, unfortunately, and this brings my rating for the show down a bit. That's not to say that the characters aren't lovable. From the first episode, I fell in love with every one of them. From the cocky but noble all the same Danny, to his best friends and eccentric family. There's plenty of good character development throughout the series, and you keep wanting to know more.

Scripts are good, though often terribly cheesy. The show's humor consists of gags that pretty much every maturity level can appreciate ( realtively little potty humor for the younger sect, tax/business oriented jokes for the adults or more mature audience, the list goes on ). Sometimes it's a little low-brow, but still acceptable. The majority of the humor relies on sight gags, the occasional pop culture reference, some slapstick, puns, and just laughing at the stupidity of others. Almost every episode will make you laugh at some point or another.

I feel I've covered the series' main strengths and weaknesses. Now for the obligatory end-of-review synopsis of review:
    " Danny Phantom" is one of those great, underrated TV shows that deserve much more public spotlight than they are given. It's smart, it's got a big heart, and it's absolutely brimming with charm. One of the most refreshing series' of it's time, " Danny Phantom" is a great favorite of mine, and I highly recommend it. If you haven't seen it yet, give it a try.

- myFork
  • Save the Show!!!!!

I have already reviewed DP... a lot. but I am desperate to save DP!
    It is awesome!!!! Best show that ever came to Nickelodeon! Then all of a sudden, it cancels after 53 eppies! COME ON!
    There are a ton of crappy shows that have like 10 seasons!!!! But NO! DP, a great show only gets 3 seasons!
    Viacom sucks! What is wrong with them!!!! I just needed to mention that.
    Everyone, please write letters. I know that there are many ways to get the address to Viacom, but here it is:

Sumner Redstone, CEO Viacom 1515 Broadway New York, NY 10036 Regarding: Nickelodeon Network
  • I never get tired of the episode Kindred Spirit - it is awesome. Wish they would play the newer episodes of Danny Phantom and I noticed some episodes have placed internationally but not in the US. Can't wait to see those.

Loved Kindred Spirit. The new character Danielle is awesome. Really wish they would have some additional new episodes with Danielle (Danny's Un know Cousin). The action was great and wasn't sure where the storyline was going until the end. When Vlad clone's Danny, it makes for lots of trouble especially with Danielle having Ghost Powers under Vlad's control. Danny hopes Danielle can be pursuaded and together they can defeat Vlad. Were they able to defeat Vlad? We'll watch the episode to find out - you might be surprised! The voices and sounds were exceptional. Loved the action in the cafeteria.
  • love it love it love it

Danny Phantom is an animated program on nick which is about a teenage boy who obtains ghost powers by going into his parents ghost poprtal and then having his DNA mixed with a ghosts. Danny uses his powers to dfeat bad ghost like vlax he also has help from his friends Tucker and Sam. The only thing is his parents are ghost hunters and he hasnt told them about his powers, this means they hunt him down just as much as his enemys do!! Danny Phantom would have to be one of my favourite shows on niick and nick toons.
  • Haven't we seen enough of the superhero show?But wait this one adds a twist!

Danny Phantom is Butch's next nick expiriment.It works out really well but now adays you gotta have a twist or stick with a already famous Superhero for superhero shows to work.I mean this one follows the "rise to fame" cliche perfectly!I mean think about it.Boy/Girl gets into an incident which brings the powers to him or her?CHECK.Do these said powers become better and better as the story progress?CHECK.Does said Hero/Heroine have a love interest?CHECK.Do the people said Hero/Heroine hate him/her at first but slowly grow to respect him/her?CHECK.Is there a story line where he/she finally tells those closest to him/her?CHECK.I mean there are so many cliches in this show,the ghost element is the only thing that saves it.I recommend it if you're desperate for a good superhero show though.
  • "Nobody knows that i like this show sooooo much!!!!

"Danny Phantom is about a teenage average Ghost Fighter!!! He was told by his friend, Sam Manson to go inside his parents Ghost Portal. When he did he went inside and pressed the on button and got freakin' ghost powers!!! He only told his two best friends, Sam Manson, and Tucker Fulley. He hasn't even told his family yet so more the suspense!! Later the seasons Jazz found out about it but Danny doesn't know that she knows. So now Danny fights evil ghosts with his freakin' ghost powers. I like totaly love this show!!
  • it is a pretty good show with a really good plot. I enjoy it.

I really like the idea about a kids parents being ghost fanatics and thentheir son Danny getting caught in the cross-fire of one of their experiments and him recieving ghost powers. I like that. the plot is really good because I really do think that there are ghosts in teh world. not how they portray them... so easy to see and all... but they are ghosts. I also like the charaters. Jack Fenton is so funny and so dim-witted. I love Danny's friends and how supportive they are. I really enjoy watching this show when I can and can't wait to watch it again soon.
  • Danny Phantom is probably the greatest cartoon show ever!!! It's about a boy (who's pretty fine if you get what I'm sayin' *winkwink*) with amzing ghost powers!!!! Watch it!!!

Danny Phantom has something for everybody. There is humor, romance, action, adventure, suspense, mystery, and drama. Anything you can think of Danny Phantom has. The lines are soooo funny just watch The Box Ghost shout "Beware" and I swear you will be cracking up!!!! Its full of original characters who vary greatly. Some are hott *coughdannycough* some are seriously crazed up fruit loopr *coughvladcough* and some are just downright hilarious *coughboxghostcough* I guarantee you will fall in love with at least one of the characters if not all of them. This show is for people of all ages. I like it and I'm 15 my younger brother likes it and so does my Mom!!!!! XD Anyone can watch Danny Phantom!!!! It's a great show for people of all ages!!!!
  • The great danny phantom, School boy 'Danny Fenton' by day and Ghost butt bustin' 'Danny Phantom' by night. Danny Fenton is te freshman of Casper High until he Gets in the Wy and then becomes a phantom boy with amzing ghostly powers.

Danny Fenton Was asimple young freshman at Casper High until he was Zapped up to becom the first ever Phantom Boy of the world. Now he and his friends, techno-geek Tucker and Goth girl Sam, destroy those evil Ghosts who are bound to this world and need a good booting back to the other side.
    An unoriginal but supernatural crimefighter boy comes to life throgh The creators of NickToons' Fairly Odd Parents. They present to you a brand new Idea of cartoon animation suitable for all ages unless you can't hack the power packed action of Danny Phantom! Only on Nick, Nicktoons and Nick Replay.
  • NM

5.1
    Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! sorry! Sorry, sorry sorry but I love FOP! Sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry Sorry sorry sorry sorry sooooo sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry. But I love FOP! Sorry, sorry sorry so sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorrry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry But Fairly odd parents was better!
  • Danny Phantom production and plot

production
    When Butch Hartman first developed the idea for a new show, it was originally titled "Danny Phantom and the Specter Detectors", and it was supposed to be a show about a young (human) ghost fighter and a team of others who hunted and fought ghosts.[3] However, Hartman later determined it would be cooler if the teen was a ghost, thus changing it just to "Danny Phantom". Among the other ideas that were considered before being rejected was the existence of a telepathic connection between the characters Danny and Samantha.

The designs were helped by veteran character designer Stephen Silver, helping Hartman adding his own touches. All Danny Phantom characters have necks and five digits on each hand. The majority of the stories are usually written by Steve Marmel with input from Mark Banker, Butch Hartman, Marty Isenberg, and Sib Ventress. As with Hartman's show The Fairly OddParents, the music for Danny Phantom was written by Guy Moon.[4] It has also been stated that the theme song was inspired by Queen's 1989 song "The Invisible Man".[5]

Only 53 episodes have been purchased by Nickelodeon. On January 24, 2006, Nickelodeon announced that it has ended support for new episodes of the series. Butch Hartman has said that although no new episodes would be made, the show would still continue to be broadcast "for years to come". Fans of the show expressed outrage at the cancellation, citing Butch Hartman's admission on his forums that he wished to create more episodes, however his initial public statement on his personal forum that though he is more than ready to make more episodes if the show is picked up again, he is respecting Nickelodeon's wishes and has great respect for the network. Fans wishing to voice opinion on the cancelation can view "Action against cancellation" as seen below. The show premiered on Nicktoons Network on the night of June 1, 2007. Plot summary

Panicked over his powers at first, after the defeat of a bipolar Lunch Lady Ghost, Danny now turned to a life of superhero-ism, using his powers to rid his hometown of Amity Park from the various ghosts (either entities/monsters or spirits from the deceased from another dimension)[6] that plague it, teamed with his best friends, techno-geek Tucker Foley and gothic-minded Samantha (Sam) Manson. Aside from a variety of ghosts, he faces other threats of many caliber, including vengeful ghost hunter Valerie Gray, other half ghost/rival Vlad Masters/Plasmius, and even his own parents--being ghost hunter extremists, they view Danny Phantom (and any ghosts) as a menace to society. Throughout it all, Danny slowly realizes his own potential and what his purpose is while his worlds - both the Ghost Zone and Earth - slowly begin to accept him as their defender.
  • A 14 year old boy gets ghost powers after an accident in his parents' lab. He and his two best friends spend their nights catching ghosts while dealing with the troubles of high school.

This show is amazing. The characters as well as the story lines are very developed unlike many NICK shows. With the exception of a few very common cliches in cartoons this show is pretty much perfect. The animation is very cute and I love how the colors change from being bright when Danny is a human to being green and mysterious when a ghost comes. All in all this show is amazing and shouldn't have been canceled in it's prime.
  • Danny Phantom is awesome!!

a boy with ghost powers?? how cool!! Danny Phantom is an great show, so why is Nick canceling it?? It has lots of fans and is so good!! nick you are STUPID as HECK!! The best part about DP (besides the ghosts) is Danny and Sam, cute cute couple, Im such a DXS shipper, this show is also really funny, and so random, but hey that why I love it! It should not be canceled!! cancel Avatar instead, that show is DUMB!! Even if this show is getting the boot I will always watch it because its one of Nick's best shows and its pretty much crazy good.
  • This is the best english cartoon on the planet. Its about a boy(Danny)with ghost powers and his best friends Sam and Tucker who save the town from ghost-- oh waht ever jsut watch it WATCH IT NOW!!

It gets a 1000000000000000000000000000 not a ten because it is the best show i love and anyone you hates it should get hit by a random watermelon that falls from the sky. it has romance action humor, etc. it should never have been canceled 3 seasons just isnt enough *sigh* well since its hard to sum up the greatness in 100 words so just GO WATCH IT!! youre already on a tv guide thing so look it up or find episodes online watch it watch it now!! go on get off this site find som episodes and watch it now!!
  • A teenage boy has ghost powers caused by an accicdent in his parents. Good thing? Yeah. Funny things happen? Oh yeah.

This show is hilarious!This is a great show...but how come Nick is gonna cancel it? It's a mystery we will never solve. Anyways..Danny is really cool..even though he's a cartoon. When the show first came out, that was the only thing I really enjoyed to watch on TV. Butch Hartman has outdone himself this time! I'm really happy that people enjoy it as much as I do!!! I love it that my friends like it too. My Mom likes it too...which is a liitle weird. Danny Phantom haters...I hate you. I can't stop saying it: I LOVE DANNY PHANTOM! HA!
  • danny is living a normal 14 year old life with the terrors of, school, homework and bullies but he also has to cope with a side life of a gost hunting hero.its also not just ghosts that are trying to catch him, its his parents and other ghost hunters.

i loved it ever since i saw the first ep and its stuck to me like glue, its alot like avatar the last airbender and i also love that, ive watched every single eps over and over again and its soo good!!! The character danny is really cute and i know loads of people who would sell their soul to get his power for a day and im with them all the way, danny phantom and avatar the last airbedner are the best show from nick and i cant velive that they what to stop making them, well if they think that danny will go down without a fight their dead wrong!!!
  • This is the best TV series on earth!

No idea why anyone would wanna cancel a show that is this great! Nobody else has made up a tv series about a 14 year old teen who has super powers! Its a classic. I honestly think that these are better than Fairly Odd Parents cuz they're funnier. Its probably cuz I'm gettin' older... not really into the 10 year old drama of having fairies that can grant your wish. Hello? Aladdin much?!?!?!?!?!? This show DP I mean, has a great idea and tenn friendly topic overall. I love watching this series and I wish that they weren't canceling it. We still have the internet though, right? Oh man..... its just not the same!
  • Very cool.

This show is about ghosts and makes me think of Sci fi but it's as cool as Sci fi.It's like ghostbusters too but done Butch Hartmen style and is a really good show.Sam,Tucker and Danny make a great team and Dani the girl ghost is tres cute.I love this show and hope that it will stay on forever.

And ever.
  • This is the best show that I have ever seen!!!

I have been following it from the beginning, watching every single episode. I have got to say, they are all a 12 on the scale of 1-10 in my book. I really hate the fact though that the series got canceled. But there is good news, one way to raise the ratings is by writing 10 point reviews! If we can watch every episode, at every day, and every time, then we might get the rating high enough to keep the show on the air! The only reason why Nick ever aired the show was to see if it would get ratings as high as the Fairly Odd Parents anyway. And if the ratings would have gotten at least as high, then Nick would have kept the show on the air!!! Lets watch!!! Watch like there's no tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Even write letters if you have to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Bring Danny Phantom BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please bring tis show BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!I loved this show when I was 12 years old and I still am just as obsess with it and I am 15 years old now!!!!! Please bring this show back Nick! I is great for all ages! I would get soo excited when there was a new danny phantom episode on fridays.This was the only show I watched on nick. Now that they are makeing all theis cheazy shows and not showing danny phantom any more I never watch nick any more. I love this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love how it has action and romance in it! I love the romance part because most cartoon shows don't have that much romance in it.
    Birng Danny Phantom Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10