Danny Phantom

Nickelodeon (ended 2007)

Danny Phantom Fan Reviews (791)

• Danny Phantom is personaly my favorite show on Nickelodeon. It was nice for them to bring in a cartoon that was based on teens for a change, and that was action packed. Who couldn't like that?

I Think Danny Phantom is the best show ever! Not only does it have regular twists and turns, but there is tons of suspence that follows it! For every new eppisode, you are wonder \"What is going to happen next? I HAVE TO KNOW!\" These things for me occur because i am thinking, Who will be paired up? WHo will find out about Danny\'s secrets? What is going to HAPPEN!?!?!? Also, to top it all off, Danny is totally hot, and makes it easy to watch no matter what! Also this is a show that leaves you \'glued\' to the TV because it is impossible to not watch! I think this is my personal favorite show, and I say that anyone should like it!
    Another thing about this show, is it's relation to teens, because the main characters go through a lot of the same things teens can relate to. Family problems, problems with friends, and those secrets that you want no one to know about, although, none of us have ghost powers. They have made this show mostly enjoyable for teens, and above, but some parts could still be aimed at a younger age group.
    Everyone can relate to one of the characters in at least one way or more, and you can put yourself in their position easily, which also makes it a joy to watch.
    WHat is there not to like about it?
  • One of the best shows ever!

Nickelodeon's Danny Phantom is, in my opinion, by far the best superhero cartoon I have ever seen. It does a great job of combining my favorite elements - humor, action, and just a teeny bit of romance - together.

The storyline is clever and imaginative - with its hero being anything but the stereotypical macho, tall or dark types. Instead, Danny Fenton is your average teenaged schoolboy, sometimes, if not often, bullied by his peers and struggling to survive school life. But by night, He becomes Danny Phantom, working hard to protect the city of Amity Park from hostile intruders - namely, ghosts of every kind imaginable. Helping him thrpugh his problems, both paranormal and non-paranormal, are his two best friends, the Gothic vegetarian Sam Manson, and loudmouth Tucker Foley, often the source of laughter even in the middle of a ghost fight.

Ordinary, everyday problems that all of us face are also given a whole new twist in certain episodes, making it all the more enjoyable.

Though a couple of small scenes from episodes here and there lack quality in animation, it's still a terrific watch and most original. A must see for anyone who loves a good laugh, or just a plain good cartoon flick!
  • Cooooooool

Dude, this show is the best in the whole friggen world! Sooo awesome and Danny is sooo cool ^_^. I'm really not sure which form i like him better in. Danny Fenton is kawaii, and Danny Phantom is just plain awesomeness. Butch Hartman is amazing with coming up with this show, I envy him so much. Sometimes i even wanna just imangine myself there fighting like Sam and Tucker help him or something like that. I write fanfics about this show all the time, and i get a lot of good feedback, so thats good news. This show is awesome, and I cant wait to see more!
  • Still a Nicktoon. A bit darker, but still a Nicktoon: The best one yet!

It may be a cartoon, something very few adults that I know seem to care about anymore, but I still consider it one of the best animated programs ever devised. It has the same humorous essence as Fairly Odd Parents, but in a darker, more teen-based environment. Let me just say that Butch Hartman has done it again.

The animation style itself is amazing. The lines are flowing and smooth, giving the characters an almost realistic touch. Especially the fact that the characters actually have five fingers, which is something that many cartoons lack.

Also, the plot lines are suberb, featuring secret crushes, revenge, and how simple it is to destroy the hero from the inside out. Take the episode "Fanning the Flames," for instance. When Danny, the main character, is forced to fall in love with Sam, one of the co-main characters, he can think of nothing else, and refuses to leave her side, even when a ghost threatens to control the entire Earth.

This, in conclusion, this is the best show ever. Watch it. You will not regret it!
  • Another wildly original show from the mind of Butch Hartman, Danny Phantom is a fresh, humorous foray into the world of the paranormal. Unfortunately, while an enjoyable Nicktoon, it does not emerge without some flaws.

7.4
    Butch Hartman is back in his new creation, Danny Phantom. Hartman's old project, The Fairly OddParents, was one of Nick's highest-rated shows. While not at the level of OddParents, Danny Phantom is worth a look, especially to those interested in the supernatural.

Danny Phantom follows the adventures of Danny Fenton (get it, Fenton, Phantom? Ha ha ha... ahem) who has decided to become a superhero after a freak lab accident turned him into a "halfa"- a half-human, half-ghost hybrid. Danny has his hands full, as the same lab that his accident took place in is now releasing evil ghosts fom the "Ghost Zone" alternate dimension. Danny, along with his friends Tucker and Sam, his sister, and his loving, if somewhat crazy, ghost-hunting parents must stop the ghosts from acheieving their goals.

The show scores points for originality, yes. The show also has some really nice moments that are truly worth watching, whether they are a joke or a witty line. Some of the villains are masterpieces as well- although you've also got your boring and filler ones. The show has some Hartman-humor, although it is quite different from The Fairly OddParents.

Now on to the negatives. It's not pleasant, but it's gotta be done. One main point is, the weird and random humor that made OddParents so great honestly does not work as well with Phantom- a more action-y show starring teenagers instead of a 10-year-old- and the staff hasn't seemed to figure that out yet. All too often I find an OddParents-esque joke that come off sounding strange and unfunny, because the show just does not work as well with that humor. That's not to say it doesn't work at all- it just must be placed much more carefully and used much more sparingly. Some of the dialogue could use a little touching up too. The voice acting is relatively good, but every once in a while I find myself cringing at some line. This kind of fits in with the out of place humor- some lines that worked in OddParents won't work in Phantom- they are different shows. Finally, though soe may disagree, I don't find the animation to be suited for good fight scenes, and Phantom is pretty heavy-laden with action.

Of course, I would also like to point out that as of this writing the show is just finishing its first season, and in the second season it is very possible that the staff will work out some of the bugs in the show- the same thing happened with Fairly OddParents. and many other shows. Rarely is the first season up to par with the rest of the series, because the developers has a chance to review their intial effort and fix problems.

In the end, Danny Phantom is worth a shot. You may like it and you may not. If you're willing to put up with some flaws, though, you very well might find that this is a show with some potential.
  • I watched this show from the start and i will keep on watching this show till the last one but i how it will be on for sometime. i also never miss a show and even watch the re-runs love every esp and it's on a good night

I watched this show from the start and i will keep on watching this show till the last one but i how it will be on for sometime. i also never miss a show and even watch the re-runs love every esp and it's on a good night danny phantom rock
  • I love this show so much, it's not even funny!

I've never missed one episode of this show since I've started watching it from the very beginning. In many ways, I can't relate to it at all, but at the same time, I can oh so much. It is combined with teenager conflicts (for the older viewers) and action (for the younger viewers) in each episode. My sister and I watch it every weekend, even if there's a rerun. My sister is nine and I am fourteen. We can each enjoy the show, getting both of our needs met at the same time. She gets the action-packed animation she craves, and I get my romance that I love to watch. Very good, I give it a 2 thumbs up! :)And I don't care what anybody thinks! haha
  • Danny Phantom is my fave tv show. Who couldn't love a show like this?

Danny Phantom is my fave tv show. Who couldn't love a show like this?

I'd rate this a 10/10. It's my personal favorite television series and, well, it's, got a magic that I can't find in other tv shows. I'm with this show till the end. I will not back away from this awesome show.
  • Danny Fenoton is a normal kid who steps inside his parents ghost portal, and is turned into a half-ghost. Now, he's got to battle all the ghost escaping from the portal.

this is an awesome television show. It's really different from the crappy comedy shows they show on Nickelodeon, even though they really don't air the newer ones well.My favorite epsiode is fanning the flames, becuase i am a total danny x sam girl. They look extremely cute together, especially as the "best friend" like couple.
  • I really think this show is awesome. It's one of those shows you just get attached to.

I really like this show a lot. The mix of superpowers, the paranormal, and the idea of being able to screw with all of the people you want to, is just one of those things I can't resist.
    Some episodes can be a little cheesy, and some might not live up to their greatest potential, but most of the episodes are well-written and portrayed in such a way that they are generally easy to understand and follow.
    I also like the different quirks of the characters. In this show you will see the school goth, the school popular girl, and the teacher who screams book titles as curses.
    One other thing is the little 'eggs' added in the show--there are plenty of allusions to other works, which are also fun.
    In general, I think this show is really awesome.
  • Awesome show...i really love it. It's aimed at a relatively more *mature* audience than in Fairly OddParents, and is hence not as restricted in its awe-inspiring humour.

Danny Phantom kicks! The storytelling is great, and the animation is of the best i've seen. I love the art style, and though the sense of humour requires a certain mindset to appreciate, most should enjoy what the show offers. No longer restricted by the younger audiences of Fairly Oddparents, the creators are free to rely on inuendos and wordplay that either cause histerical laughter or dismayed groans, depending on who you ask. Great show!
  • This show is the best. I personally think Butch Hartman did a perfect job on voice overs and adding in some jokes for the more elder people. I think the character drawing was awesome...especially Danny! Actually I really disagree with the haters out there

This show is the best. I personally think Butch Hartman did a perfect job on voice overs and adding in some jokes for the more elder people. I think the character drawing was awesome...especially Danny! Actually I really disagree with the haters out there. This show rocks my vote!

I'm glad that he also put personality into the characters he created for this show. And the music and stuff is pretty cool.

Hey, this show is my favorite! ^^
  • i really like this show and the fact that it has everything that a nicktoon normally has with a twist, like the fact that this happens in the eyes of an unpopular teen. and since it was made by butch hartman, i can see the similarities with danny and timm

like the fact that
    .both are unpopular in there school
    .both like girls who either ignor them or know them but dont like them
    .both have few friends
    .both have bizzare parents
    .and both have a huge secret to hide
    i'm pretty sure that i'm missing somethings but i cant think of anything off the top of my head right now.
  • I don't love it like some shows I love, but this is certainly my favorite Nicktoon.

I don't love it like some shows I love, but this is certainly my favorite Nicktoon (With Avatar the Last Airbender following close by). Nick does do one thing fatal-they DON'T premiere the new episodes often enough! C'mon, seriously Nick! But the contrast of the characters is amazing and ironic in some cases. A brilliant piece of work. (Nice animation too!)
  • Danny is definitely one of the hotties of the cartoon world!

I personally think Danny Phantom is one of the best shows Nick has come out with lately. First, it's a show for older kids yet the younger ones can still enjoy it too. Second, the characterization is very well developed, take Danny and Sam's dilemma for example; Danny claiming to like another girl while Sam being the type that wouldn't like anyone. Which brings me to the last and (in my opinion) best part of the show: Danny & Sam together is totally cute. Oh, and of course Danny's parents are hilarious! Jack is one of my favorite characters, he cracks me up!
  • good

6.7
  • A high school guy named Danny Fenton one day goes into his parents "ghost portal" when it like shocked him and now he is half ghost and half boy and he uses his powers to save people.

I love this show! It is action packed along with some laughs and romance. I think that its really cool and am sooo happy that new episodes are starting to air. I am a total dannyxsam shipper! I mean who wouldn't be?? YAY! There needs to be more shows like this.
  • This show is genius pure genius. Butch Hartman did a great job with this show. I find it better than The Fairly Odd Parents. The action is great, and all of the characters including the main character is great. The darkness is also very unique it’s a wond

This show is genius pure genius. Butch Hartman did a great job with this show. I find it better than The Fairly Odd Parents. The action is great, and all of the characters including the main character is great. The darkness is also very unique it’s a wonderful show, well.
  • Danny Phantom is a unique and fresh show from some of the corny stuff on Nick already. It's action packed, mildly humorous, and cool to say the least.

A boy blessed with powers, has two best friends, fights ghosts, and is struggling in high school, what better formula is there? When I first saw the show I hoped it wasn't the same quality of kiddy crap that Butch has come up with, I was pleasntly surprised. The character structure is great, the ideas are original, and it's a great teen show. And of course it has everyones favorite pairing, Danny and Sam =D. But why not all 10? Because, no show is perfect, and the plot lines for some episodes are dangerously lacking. And some are just publicity stunts, like the latest one, Memory Blank. It had no purpose other then to prove the D&S point =D, and too give danny that symbol on his costume. (ooopppsies, spoiler) And some episodes are way too over done, I mean, Jack beating up Vlad? Come on. But all in all, this is the best Nick show ever!
  • This is my favorite nicktoon. Danny Phantom is, in my opinion, the best cartoon Nick ever made. The second is Avatar: The Last Airbender. A teen with supernatural powers sounds awesome to me. I can't wait for new episodes.

This is my favorite nicktoon. Danny Phantom is, in my opinion, the best cartoon Nick ever made. The second is Avatar: The Last Airbender. A teen with supernatural powers sounds awesome to me. I can't wait for new episodew with returning villains like Vlad Plasmius, Ember, Skulker, and more. Also I like the references to other superhero related stuff, like the Spider-Man references and Batman references. Plus Danyy has some of the most interesting super powers I've ever seen. I look forward to seeing this show grow as bigger than the Fairly Odd Parents
  • A young 14 year old boy falls victim to one of his parents malfunctioning ghost machines; resulting in him having ghostly powers. Discovering these new powers come with a responsibility, he now has to fight all the ghosts coming from the ghost zone.

Danny Phantom is one of those shows you would think would turn out to be a complete failure after the first episode. Surprisingly it is still here, setting new limits to ghost shows.

On my account this show looked interesting but I was nervous about watching it. It's blended with comedy, action, and romance. The main characters shape well with the show as do the villains.

When I heard that Nick would be doing a show about a kid fighting ghosts I really had to wonder what went through their minds. Nick isn't known for its action packed shows; it's known more for the sweet comedy of SpongeBob and The Fairly Odd Parents. Of course Nick has pulled it off, which I am very pleased.

The animation is a little sketchy, but it works well with the dreary situation the show is playing. The characters have so much attitude, well all except Sam. Sam is one of the characters that needs to have a little time to build up her character personality. Right now she is extremely predictable.

Over all I'm pleased that Nick didn't destroy the show. They did very well on keeping up the action while still holding that humor that Nick is famous from.
  • The best Nick has ever had to offer, in my opinion.

Danny Phantom in possibly the best show Nick has ever produced. It's actually directed at an older audience than Spongebob or Rugrats, and it holds true to the age group. It goes places the other shows haven't dared going, with loads more romance and more action than others. Plus, its all around cool.
    Danny's the average teen until he gets his ghost powers... and afterward he still is most of the time. His other identity, Danny Phantom (or Invisi-Bill... he needs a publicist) fights ghosts, evades ghost hunters, and makes sure his ghost-searching parents don't find out. He's backed up by the comic-relief, Tucker, a techno-geek whose rather irresponsible, and Sam, a Goth girl who keeps the other two grounded. This show is definitely worth watching. I laugh, I squeal, I get caught up in the action sequences. Butch Hartman gets much more mature in this series!
  • Awesome show.

This show is so cool. It's the only show that I watch on Nick, besides Fairly Oddparents. This show attracted me when I saw all of the ghosts. I thought it'd be cool since the characters were in high school. Awesome. Butch Hartman is a really cool guy! Thanks Butch!
  • Good God. Do we not have enough of these super hero kid shows? If you try to ignore the recycled plot line, its still hard to enjoy this show with the repititive episodes and annoying charecters.

Where do I start with this show? From the creator of a rather quirky show like Fairly Odd Parents I was expecting a more interesting plot line than the overused 'kid with super powers' idea. But hey, I thought I might be able to deal with it. Not so. The charecters drive me up the wall. Danny spends so much time complaining about being unpopular its not a wonder he only has 2 friends: Tucker, a stereotypical nerd, and Sam, a girl who seems to believe that a few black clothing items will cover her cheerful attitude and make her a 'goth'. Not to mention the fact that you know whats going to happen in every episode before your 10 seconds into it: Danny will meet a ghost, fight it, and win. You sure don't need to be psychic to know that. I'm beginning to assume the only reason this show got on the air was because of the creators previous sucess with Fairly Odd Parents.
  • Danny phantom: a brand new show to Nick.

Nick couldn’t get any better! With this fun loving show Nick’s ratings have gone up!

Anyways, Danny Fenton is a 14 year old boy just like you and me. His parents are ghost hunters: not normal. They build different machines and gadgets that would capture the ghost. One day, they built a ghost portal: it allows ghosts to enter our world and humans to enter the ghost zone. This invention didn’t succeed at all. Danny wanted to check this portal out. So he goes insides, turns the switch on and then there was a sudden flash and Danny was never same again.

Now, he is a very unique person! He was half ghost, half human also known as the Halfa. He could also walk through walls, disappear and fly. With his two friends Sam, a free-thinking Goth girl and Tucker, a total techno-geek, they have to stop all the evil ghosts that were coming through the portal. Together, they face bullies, kick countless ghost butts and have a wonderful adventure!

• I love this show! I am totally obsessed with it. It's original and has such great characters. It also doesn't just stick on one emotion, it's funny, serious, heart pounding and so much more.

I love this show! I am totally obsessed with it. It's original and has such great characters. It also doesn't just stick on one emotion, it's funny, serious, heart pounding and so much more. The only thing is that I missed an episode....*goes suidical* Yes, I'm weird like that. XD
  • This absolutely my ALL TIME FAVORITE show!!Danny Phantom rox my sox!!I swear Butch has out done himself!!I love Danny/Sam!!I mean,it's so obvious!!Anways,the crew does a great job on every episode,and the further into seasons they get,the better the show

This absolutely my All Time Favorite show!!Danny Phantom rox my sox!!I swear Butch has out done himself!!I love Danny/Sam!!I mean,it's so obvious!!Anways,the crew does a great job on every episode,and the further into seasons they get,the better the show gets!!David Kaufman does an Excellent job on Dannys voice,and the same to the other voice actors!One of my all time favorite characters on that show is Wulf,and I hope he comes back!!And lets not forget our favorite green dude,Bertrand!!He rocks!!!

But seriously,every time there is a new eppy,I am so anxious to see it I can't stand it!!And when it finally comes on I practically have a heartattack!!After it's over,if I'm able to,I rush to Butch's site and reveiw it.But you gotta be quick,because people rush on there the second it's over,and reveiw it!And one more thing...I Hate Paulina!!!!God!!I wish Danny would just ectoblast her into oblivian!!!I don't see what he sees in her!!!You wanna know what I see?Well,too bad!!I can't say it or I might get in trouble!!

All in all,a very Awesome show,and I will always be a true fan!!!
  • Danny Phantom is, at its heart, a superhero show. It’s also kind of a dopey mess, but it’s the most fun I’ve had with a superhero cartoon in quite a while.

The plot isn’t anything you haven’t seen before; Danny is a picked on 14 year old who gains superpowers through an accident in his parent’s ghost lab. Now, if you put your mind to it, you could think of at least 15 different shows, past or present, that use something similar. It’s tried and it’s true, but it’s nothing spectacular.

No, but this show shines in quite a few other ways. For one thing, it completely reinvented the concept of ghosts living with people. While some shows might have used a variation or a direct adaptation of some religious view or another, Danny Phantom presents a concept I haven’t seen before; that there is a different world parallel to our own which houses ghosts that are (presumably) given powers that mirror the way they lived. What’s more, the show has commented loudly on the fact that Danny is half-ghost, half-human. This raises some great questions: If Danny’s a hybrid doesn’t this suggest that ghosts are a different species then humans? Does somebody rule the ghost zones? A council or a monarch? What will happen to Danny if he were to die? Or will he live forever because he’s half ghost? The list goes on, but you get my point.

The show also shines in its characters. Now, because this show involves teenagers in High School, you can bet that the characters will be stereotypical as heck. I think this is because High School is stereotypical as heck. But anyway, our three heroes are a Goth, a Computer Nerd, and an Unpopular Kid. Supporting Characters are a Jock, a Diva, and an Overbearing Teacher. Now for most shows revolving around High School this would be all you need to know about the characters. However Danny Phantom takes most of these characters and makes them just a little deeper. This makes me very happy because when was the last time you actually had to take a character in a show about High Schoolers at more then face value.

The only thing that stops me from giving this a perfect ten is my two major complaints with the show: The Danny/Sam romance, and the fact that the show goes to the well for cheap laughs one too many times.

The latter is fairly self-explanatory (Jack in Bathroom running gag, Mr. Lancer in a dress, etc.). It also doesn’t happen all that often, but it does it often enough to be annoying.

However the former irks me to no end. For one thing, any romance between them seems to be forced in with a crowbar, often with romantic things out the wazoo in one episode, and nothing at all in the next. Plus, romance between two friends is a ridiculously overused plot device used to trap fangirls in to behaving like the bubble headed stereotypical fangirl.

Despite these flaws, Danny Phantom is a great show that’s worth watching, and if you can get around the cheap jokes and cheesy romance you might get a new favorite show, like I did. Not a bad deal.
  • This show is the first I've seen that centers around ghosts, and I think it's done just right.

Danny Fenton was your average 14-year-old with two friends (Tucker and Sam), an annoying older sister, strange parents, and a good share of bullies. He was normal...that is, until an unexpected accident in his parents' ghost-hunting lab that changed his life forever. He was given ghost powers, and instead of using them for personal gain (though he does every once in a great while), he used them to protect the world from the mischief of bad ghosts.
    I started watching this from the beginning, and I still watching it. I recommend it for anyone who's into the supernatural. Could be called a companion show of The Fairly Odd Parents.
  • this show ruels

Danny Phantom is one of the most refreshing Nickelodian cartoon's on their network.It is cool how the how city knows that he is bad but acually good I hope they make a moive someday with more epsiode and I know this show will go good in the fulture I hope they don't air new epsiode
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10