Danny Phantom

Nickelodeon (ended 2007)

KyL416

Danny Phantom Fan Reviews (788)

• Revolting it should be rated 0 but this stupid rating thing won't let me

This is a show Butch Hartman made? This is one of the WORST shows I've ever had the displeasure of watching or knowing exists. The plot is stupid, and the characters are retarted. Butch Hartman is losing his touch. He left Fairly Odd Parents (Which now isn't good-to put it nicely-because he left and now Sarah Frost writes it) for this? How can anyone like this show? I still can't believe my brother and sister like this show like this show. I hope this show will soon be cancelled soon. That's my critizing review of the show Danny Phantom.
  • An embarrassment to Nickelodeon...

Okay here we go, a teenager was snooping around his parents' invention called the "Ghost Portal." It malfunctioned and messed with the kid's DNA giving him ghost-like qualities. He uses his powers to save the town from the ghosts that escape from the portal, blah, blah, blah. I soon realized that this show was garbage.

First of all, the humor is poor in this show. I don't remember any funny moments in this show. The jokes and puns mentioned in this show are lame and not funny.

Next, we have the action. Generally its crap. Once a battle starts, Danny just has to say, "Going ghost" before engaging the fight. Basically, all you see are a few laser beams flying around, a few cheesy punches and kicks, and the battle ending with Danny sucking in the ghost with his silly thermos. There are no memorable action sequences that caught my attention. The enimies got old after the first few episodes. The Box Ghost, Skullkor, they were all just stupid.

In the first few episodes, Danny was trying to get used to his powers, but once he got used to them, the series just went downhill fast. All he did afterwards was hunt down more ghosts... boooring. I wish that there was a ghost that could just kill Danny.

So overall, it's just junk on the t.v. I wish Nickelodeon would just bring back their good ol' shows and replace crap like Danny Phantom.
  • can anybody tell me what i just watched

i am probaly going to get alot of thumbs down for this but i dont care i can have my own opinon i hate this show with a passion its the most overatted tv show i have ever seen its about a teenager named danny phantom who fights ghosts okay who came up with that it seems cool but here is the main problem this happenes throughout the entire freaking show im serious this kid also is too mandly i just hate this show with a passion thank goodness nickelodeon canceled this show its the second worst tv show i have ever seen next to chowder i give this show a 2 kingnicky1 out
  • BOO! HISS BOO! WORST SHOW EVER!

0.1
    My god, this show is really, REALLY terrible. It's about some kid who got turned into a ghost and now he kicks ghost butt. HOW STUPID! I feel as though this kind of storyline has been done too many times. All the ghosts are stupid, and Danny's parents are annoyng! PLUS, they (well, at least the dad) acts like some moron! I hate this show, and you should too. Don't waste your time.
  • Overall a corny show with no sense of humor and stereotypical themes.

1.1
    Can this show get any cornier?I mean seriously, A half ghost, half human hybrid?Sounds like some drunk babies idea of creativity.And did anyone besides me find it offensive to goths(no, I am not one myself).Think about it; it supports the stereotype that goths are dark hopeless people.The voices of the cast is another imortant topic.It sounds like a bunch of toddlers with soar throats.And if that wasnt enough,maybe I should mention the cheesey names they give the villains,name; names like Technis, Skulker ,and the Ghost writer.I had expected better from the creator of hit shows like the Fairly Odd Parents.I guess I need to lower my expectations of him a bit.
  • I Hate This Show More Then Catscratch

1.1
    This Show is The Absolute Worst Show Ever to Air on Nickelodeon. I Hated It Since The Start I Never Liked These Kind of Shows. You Know What I Call This Show Awful, Appauling, and Just Plainly Weird. A Kid Gets a Bunch of These Weird Ghost Powers From a Machine. I Dont Get This Show One Bit.
  • i hate this show it is the worst nicktoon ever!!!!!!!

I dont like this show at all. reasons being it made the people that liked fairly odd parents stop watching it and now they watch danny phantom.And this show made fairly odd parents get kicked off of nick.I think the whole idea of a teenager having ghost powers is just plain stupid!!!!!!!!!!
  • the show is great just fix the charachters

6.8
    the entire plot is great but the dad needs to do more than fight ghosts and think about fudge. the mom's charachter is perfect. danny he needs to be more funny, what he does is funny but what he says isn't. sam well goth isn't really cool anymore but the rest is good. tucker funny very funny no problems at all. Jazz where do i start she needs to become a ghost hunter and stop bothering Danny. even though this show requires fine tunning its still good and the ghost fighting its fun watching ghosts pound the crud out of eachother. well thats it thank you for reading my review
  • Oh MY GOD!!

This show is just so lame.Its not that its a bad cartoon, its just that its so similar to everything else on nick.So he\'s half human and half ghost, big deal.Thats not gonna make me whatch the show.For a cartoon to really stand out it has to have something that really shows the audience it has what it takes to make you not turn the channel.And another thing; I thought cartoons were supposed to be funny?All those lame puns and one liner jokes in this show just don't cut it.Just your typical out of the monkey pen cartoon.
  • Am I the ONLY one who doesn't like this show?

0.0
    This has got to be the STUPIDEST show EVER. The characters suck, the whole point SUCKS, and the script is dumb. And Danny's just freaking stupid. It's like "Hmm...I'm unsupervised and I'm about to go into a potentially dangerous place. I'LL GO IN ANYWAYS! =D" I mean, SERIOUSLY. That was DUMB. I HATE this show.
  • nickoleoden stinks

2.7
    From Butch Hartman, the creator of the hit Nicktoon, The Fairly OddParents, unveils the funny, fantastic action-packed adventures of Danny Fenton, who straddles two worlds as a shy freshman at Casper High and a heroic phantom-fighter with ghostly superpowers. With his best friends, techno-geek Tucker and free-thinking Goth girl Sam, he thwarts the misdeeds of menacing ghosts; and stumbles through daily social hurdles. - Danny Phantom Press Kit. "It's a great comedy/action show that I think you and all the other Nickelodeon animation fans are really going to love. And it's a bit different than anything Nickelodeon has done before. They're 22-minute stories, which is a different storytelling format for us." - Butch Hartman a another useless show from nickolodeon!
  • Danny Phantom is easily one of the boringest cartoons ever in TV history.

4.6
    My 30th review after a god AWFUL nicktoon: "The X's."

This cartoon is very poor and very boring at best. Unbeilevebly, Did I ever metion that Outside the US this show was Irrationally Descripted by Nelvana? One of the most boringest cartoons ever in TV history, for my Opioion. It's so boring and It's the only thing on TV. They show it like 15 times a day! Ir's so annoying! This cartoon is going to get a D. Here the results:

Voice-acting: A++ 10.0/10.0 The Voice-acting is perfect and fine.

Animation: B+ 7.5/10.0 The Animation is pretty decent, and It's very clean and very Colorful.

Graphics: C 6.0/10.0 The graphics are Average. Umm... That's it.

Sound: C-- 5.4/10.0 Some music are good and some music are just awful.

Dialouge: A- 8.0/10.0 Good scripts are the show and really matches with the theme of the cartoon.

Lasting Appeal: E- 3.5/10.0 This cartoon gets mega boring once you watch like 10 mintues of it.

Overall: D 4.6/10.0 One of the most boringest cartoons ever on TV history like I said before. I wish this cartoon would just be cancelled and take it off the air on TV forever....
  • Danny Fenten has ghost powers! Should you even care anymore?

5.7
    Ok, seriously I expected something ALOT different from Butch Hartman who created the hilarious FOP. The series is more action-packed more than a funny series. The show can be funny at times like with the Box Ghost and Jack, but the rest can be serious at times and like I said it's not funny just action-packed. What I look for in shows is comedy those are the kind fo shows I like. Spongebob Squarepants can have action in it but surpresses it in an intentially funny way which cracks people up. FOP had barely and action in it, but contained a quirky little 10-year-old slipping up when he makes wishes with his magical fairy god parents Cosmo and Wanda. Danny Phantom has all action and barely anything funny in it at all. The show is also to freakin' overated! I mean everywhere I look in stores, modern day towns, and malls they have a bunch of DP crap all over the freakin' place, I mean do they have to take it that far? Do they have to advertise for a show that's already popular as it? Also on areas such as Deviantart and Fanart Central, it's freakin' crowded with DP art with a whole bunch of characters people in real life create to show affection towards the ghost boy himself, Danny Fenten. Every freakin' place I turn at has a hell of a lot of DP stuff. The art in these sites show DP fan-characters, romance, yaoi/yuri, action, emo, etc. The whole plot starts out with Danny and his Friends, Tucker and Sam all go through their modern day lives in society while running into ghosts that just happen to appear out of no where. I'll admit the fights are cool, but when it carries on through out the frickin series it gets old very quickly and it gets boring seeeing him fight, after fight, after fight, after fight until I just can't take it anymore. The whole plot could not be anymore stock I mean how many times have you seen ghosts in a series? In my opinion... way to many. The only ghost I get crack out of is the Box Ghost his retarded powers with boxes and pathetic crap makes laugh everytime. Butch Hartman is a great guy, but this series just no... no freakin' way. Like I said I'd expect better out of the guy who created FOP seriously.
  • Needs to end.

Go back! what was that? Oh that's right. A show about 14 year old guy who sneaked into his parents lab and now he has ghost powers WTF is that? He goes through a ghost portal he is fighting ghosts?! You may hate me but now I hate Danny Phantom I got to admit it was okay at first but when people post crap about Danny and Sam forever I get tipped off. To be honest a lot of people like this bullcrud making it one of Nick's best shows but I don't.-- Sensei Help me! My Sig, I am out.
  • BOORING!!

Where do I start with this show? From the creator of a rather quirky show like Fairly Odd Parents I was expecting a more interesting plot line than the overused 'kid with super powers' idea. But hey, I thought I might be able to deal with it. Not so. The charecters drive me up the wall. Danny spends so much time complaining about being unpopular its not a wonder he only has 2 friends: Tucker, a stereotypical nerd, and Sam, a girl who seems to believe that a few black clothing items will cover her cheerful attitude and make her a 'goth'. Not to mention the fact that you know whats going to happen in every episode before your 10 seconds into it: Danny will meet a ghost, fight it, and win. You sure don't need to be psychic to know that. I'm beginning to assume the only reason this show got on the air was because of the creators previous sucess with Fairly Odd Parents.
  • This used to be a good show until after the first 7 episodes.

This show used to be good but now it's not. The episode ideas are getting to be crappy. Tucker has got to be the worst character on the show. He is a loser with PDA's and everything who wears big, geeky half-moon glasses. He provides pathetic humor to the show. the second worst character is Sam, she is some stupid goth girl who provides more pathetic humor. You get the idea. Plus, all the ghosts don't really look like ghosts at all, just green blobs with red eyes. And most of the ghosts don't come from any dead people either. So, in conclusion, don't watch this show! EVER!!!!!!!!!!
  • an unoriginal boring show.. why would anyone like it?

3.5
    So the story about this show is a boy named danny who has parents who are ghost freaks so one day he went to see if he could fix his parents ghost portal or whatever and the next thing you know it he turns into a ghost.and decides to prevent any ghost leaving the portal.The reason that it seems to bore me that its been done so many times( SPIDERMAN,SUPERMAN for example) they just change the plot a little and the humor on this show is so unfunny that it could put you to sleep.

Im generous enough to give this show a 3.5 thats seems fair.
  • Danny Phantom just read my review to hear what I think.

Ok I'm sorry to say this but I don't like this show because it's just a stupid superhero show with a lot of corney puns. At first I thought it would be good but noooo! It's really stupid Butch should just give up on this show just to make new episodes of FOP instead. Besides I like FOP more than DP he would be a lot better to make that show really.
  • Pretty gay

5.5
    It's okay. It's a lot better than fairly odd parents, but i wouldn't recommend it. Unless u absolutely love cartoons, u probably won't liek this show. The other characters in the cast are the worst, and their not funny or interesting at all. I would much rather watch something else, but if i'm really bored i'll watch it.....

EROK
  • I used to like this show, but I don\'t anymore.

4.9
    I actulle used to like this shoe a lot. I have no clue why, but I did. The music in the background is kind of anoying. (In my opinion) The person that created Danny Phantom is the same person that created Farly Odd Parents. (I think.... I am not sure, though.....) I like Farly Odd Parents way better

BBMRB
  • Oh that's right, Butch Hartman! The Greatest Nickelodeon writer ever! (Except maybe the guy who made Spongebob)

2.9
    How could Butch Hartman do this?! It's got to be one of the worst nickoldeon cartoons ever! This horrible cartoon sits right beside other terribler nick shows ie, My Life As A Teenage Robot, Catscratch, Rugrats, Rugrats All Grown Up and yes, Jimmy Newtron too. The Best Thing Nickelodeon has ever done is Fairly Oddparents and now the show's creator comes out with this piece of s***! It's just embarasing!
  • Butch Hartman would've done better than this. Maybe I was wrong.

3.1
    Danny Fenton, a normal 14 year old boy with friends like the tecno geek Tucker and Sam the goth gal. Together they fight ghosts trying to destroy the world with their idiotic minds.

Ok here's some changes that the people working at this show would've done better.

1. They shouldn't let Danny have green eyes. Yuck! He looks like an exorcist in a jumpsuit.

2.What's with the white hair.

3. If Tucker's the techno geek shouldn't he win the nobel peace prize like Jimmy Neutron. Maybe not.

4. Most of the ghost villins arn't famous and their talking stupid. Unlike Mojo Jojo which he is the famous supervillin in PPG and his hillarious talking makes PPG a direct hit.

5. What's with Danny's powers. Ok in one ep. he's using force field and in another he has the power to rip the game inside a computer and sent the villin into level 0. Phantoms don't do that right.

I don't like the show overall because of this. But I rated it a 3 because the show makes me want to enjoy it a bit. I still watch the show but it needs fine tuning.
  • Somebody call the Ghostbusters.

4.5
    The show's about a teen named Danny Fenton, who absorbed ghost powers one day when something malfunctioned with his father's invention. Interesting concept. Unfortunately, it was excecuted poorly.

The reason I checked this show out was because it recieved a lot of praise. I watched it, and immediately found out this was just another show from the Nickelodeon crap machine.

The dialouge, no offense, is pretty cheesy. Danny's catchphrase is "Goin' Ghost!" Bleh. I've only chuckled at a few lines, and those where by Danny's friends Sam and Tucker. I even forget what they were.

The only characters I actually liked were a dragon ghost-thing, the computer and some Spanish ghost-wolf guy. All others pretty much fell flat on their face for me.

Overall, this is an average show that could've been better, considering it came from Butch Hartman.
  • i don't know why nickeledeon hasn't canceled this show yet it's a bunch of crap

danny phantom is about a dude who is half ghost who uses his
    powers to destroy evil ghosts. please danny has wasted his life fighting this ghosts dudes who apear through a portal his dad created. instead of this he could have just destroy the portal. that way he will be done with this ghost once and for all. And besides he's suposed to be a hero yet almost all of his victories are because of sam and tucker.
    That's so pathetic,anyway sam is supossed to be gothic and yet she doesn't act like it. instead she's gothic and ecovegeterian,co'mon either you're goth or ecovegeterian. And what about his dad wasting his life searching for ghosts instead of getting a real job,and i know he's obsesed with using this latex suit all the time but must he force his wife to do it too. and tucker is supossed to be danny's best bud,yet in a few episodes he has shown to be jealous of danny.My conclusion change the channel
  • I like this series, but the writers are slipping...

I feel as though the series and the whole plot of it is a fairly interesting one, but i aslo have this erking feeling that they are dragging something out...i dont noe why, but the recent episodes are kind of frustrating. I keep watching them in hope that it'll get better...but no, and half, no, most of the jokes on that show arent even funny. I dont know why i continue to watch the show, but i do fro some reason, despite the erking feeling it gives me, i gotta keep watching... I quite enjoy the one hour specials though.
  • Nick is brilliant cancelling this. I don't know why I ever watched this stupid show in the first place.

One of the worse shows I have ever seen. Villains that are dorks, females that dominate over males, males that act like morons, and a hero that gets his butt kicked on a daily basis. Put it all together and you got the worst show on Nick.

All these Danny Phantom fanboys are going around screaming their heads off Save this Pathetic Show. I don't know why it seems to get worse every episode.

For starters the villains look like something that a four year old made. Especially the so called Ultimate Enemy who is as evil as a teddy bear.

Then there is the lame subplots that take up more time than the actual episode.

And last there is the action. Problem. There is none. The so called hero Danny Phantom is so weak he has to shove his opponents in a thermos. At least the Ghostbusters had Proton Packs.

I know Danny Phantom fanboys are going to be disagreeing. But us mature, sophisitcated Avatar and Mr. Meaty fans will agree.

CANCEL DANNY PHANTOM!!!!
  • Boring

this show is so boring it focuses to much on the plot instead of actually putting humour in there.I just find it boring how it is always based on him defeating a ghost its always the same.i will say though it is original but then again so is thats so raven and yet even though in every episode she has visions i dont get bored of it.
  • I really don't see highly of this show.

The concept of this show is really farfetched even for itself. Ghosts are the image left by people wo have passed away. Yet, it seems that most of the ghosts are not dead people. Second, how can two ghosts create another ghost(as boxlunch) ? The idea of danny being half ghost boggles my mind. How can he insist that he is half dead, changing between forms? How about sam. She is not even goth. She thinks acting that way is goth and it isn't. I also wonder how danny's parents are able to support their family with a job of ghost hunting? Another thing is that Danny wishes tat he is popular. Why does he have that kind of view? It's telling little kids not act like themselves just to impress upperclassmen for false pride. Those are the questions I have.
  • what the ???

4.5
    let me tell something i use to like this show alot but the then nick stop showing new eposide. then it stared to get boring and boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring. then i started to see how stupid this show is. like the way they fight it is so stupid. they stop every second and every moment when. they are so stiff and dannyn alway seem like the bomb. but what what is really stupid is danny name like how can no in the world not know they have exactly the same name. this show is dumb.
  • Really not that great in my opinion.........

5.3
    Its okay, i guess, really not the best show in the world. I dont know what is so intersting about this show, because I keep hearing "DP Fan" and people are saying "yeah, the only good shows are avatar, FOP, DP" and stuff like that. Avatar has a strong plot, FOP is pretty good. But a boy who fights ghosts in every episode with a tech and gothic friend, its like every episode is the same, and its pretty much predictable. You know Danny Phantom will win every time. He wont die. You just cant get rid of the main character. But anyways, I like how he has to keep this whole ghost thing a secret. It really adds flavor to the show. I kinda like it and kinda dont, so yeah.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10