Danny Phantom

Shades of Gray

Aired Friday 12:00 AM Sep 24, 2004 on Nickelodeon

• This episode introduced Valerie, a girl whom Danny would soon find to be an enemy.

Valerie was born lucky with her spoiled attitude, popularity, and beauty. However, a few accidents with Danny Phantom as the ghost boy causes her to lose it all, and she dedicated her life to hunting him down and destroying him as well as all other ghosts.

The episode wasn't too good in my opinion, but I gave it a high rating because of the major DannyxSam moment. Anyway, Valerie over-reacted to the problems in her life, and she hadn't bothered to hear Danny's side of the story. She just figured that all ghosts were the same, and using her new ghost equipment, started hunting them down. She is a bit pushy and I don't think that it's a good quality in this case. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Valerie. I just don't like that she didn't give Danny a second chance.

Moving on to the big reason as to why I reviewed this... The fake-out make-out! It actually took me a long time to finally get to see this episode, and I wound up watching it for the first time at my uncle's house. Anyway, the fake-out make-out took me by surprise, but I loved watching the way they reacted after it. Sam had taken the guns on this make-out, and she made Danny lose his mind as well as his control. If that hadn't been proof of their blossoming relationship, I don't know what would have been. YAY to DXS!