Dark Angel

Boo

Aired Unknown Nov 02, 2001 on FOX

7.4
  • On Halloween, Manticore "freaks" are able to walk on the streets without looking any different than the person next to them...

This is the required "humor" splash most TV shows have; a silly episode that makes fun as much and as sharply as it can of the defined series facts. In this case, it is Halloween, and the Manticore creations are free to walk the Seattle streets without getting the attention they usually would.

Add a body that moves on with its mission although its head has fallen behind, a bunch of transgenetics who try to track said body down before it kills someone (if that is its intended plan), and you have 40+ minutes of fun ahead of you.

Not the best episode the show can offer, but rather well made, since the characters get a lot of sitcom going.
  • worst dark angel episode ever

2.5
    worst dark angel episode ever!!!!!!!!!
    i ahte this episode and i always skip it when im goin threw me dvd\'s
    this ep is not like dark angel at all!!!!!!!!!
    bring on da next episode lol
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    moan over!!! lol

i still luv dark angel even tho the series is ova n jensen ackles is soooooo buff!!!
  • Silly, dream sequence, and painful to watch also describe this episode accurately...

4.5
    So far, this episode is my least favorite of S2. I realize that it was the Halloween episode and therefore intended to be on the ridiculous side, but, seriously... did they have to waste valuable time by showing this episode?? From Max and Logan fighting their feelings (stupid virus storyline!), to Max's renewed relationship with Rafer, to the introduction of more Manticore "animal" mutants, it was all very strange. But the clincher was the headless Manticore mutant that could still run, strategize, and complete an assassination mission. Max and the rest of the Manticore gang ran around town transporting the talking head (who had only very annoying dialogue), looking for the body.

In the end, it's all a dream... whew... glad to know they didn't think the audience was that stupid to believe that all that could happen-- even in Max's messed up Manticore-world! OC wakes Max up in the bathtub where she had fallen asleep. My question is-- what the heck did that girl eat to make her have a dream like that?!?!!?!?
  • I sort of enjoyed it, but was this really Dark Angel?

I suppose as a stand alone episode, a Halloween special it was okay. I was considering rating it higher, like a 7.5, but then at the same time I'm annoyed that this is where we are at in Season 2. Did Season 1 have a silly Halloween episode? I don't remember one! Season 1 had a few episodes that focused on character development, but the prevailing storyline was always there. That is what made season 1 so tight. There is no point to this episode and it doesn't move the storyline along for the season. Was it fun? A little. But there are better shows suited to do this kind of Halloween gag. You wouldn't expect this from Dark Angel.
  • Max falls asleep in tub, hilarity allegedly ensues

Everytime I see this episode I remember Jessica Alba's commentary on the DVD finale of Season 1, where she basically puts over the first year as the "real vision of the show" and alludes to how the second season stories were awful. She doesn't go into detail, but you get the extreme sense that she hated everything to do with the second season. I can't help but feel this episode is what she was referring to. The humor in the episode is not really that funny, the plot is ridiculous, but since it is all a dream, I guess it can be understood. As I rewatch season 2, I am trying to pick out the exact plotlines, moments and dialogue that she hated so much.

Safe to say that all of "Boo" is what she is talking about.
    That plus the close up ass shot in "Gill Girl". Just funny how her commentary has me watching Season 2 with a closer eye.

All Dark Angel episodes are above average...this one gets 2.5 stars out of 4.
  • max has a dream

this was a pointless episode. max looks for a transginic that lost his body, her hot guy friend finds out, and she acts like shes not a transgentic witch pissed me off and im glad origanal cindy said that that was the worst thing max could do, and then she woke up how lame i hate episodes like this but the good thing is she took joshua out.
  • This episode was absolutely pointless

2.6
    Considering the fact that the episode was a dream sequence it\'s safe to say no advancement was made in terms of plot or character except for Max\'s little insight that she has to stick by her own kind.

Rafe\'s mother was just freaky and unnecessary as were all the wierd transgenics. This episode could have been scrapped entirely and Max\'s little revelation could have come in another episode as a subplot instead of making this whole dream the A Plot.

Also the lacking of Alec makes you wonder if he is just going to be like Zack showing up once in a while which seriously makes you doubt watching the rest of the series.
  • Funny as the show gets, with one of the best featured songs in the series. (contains spoilers)

The halloween episode is one of the funniest ones in the show, its all just a dream while Max is sitting in the tub before her date arrives, so they are some freedom to go a little whacky, which is the perfect mood for the holiday.

How can you not find humor is someone walking around with a talking head on halloween? The whole plot is just crazy with them chasing around a headless body that is out to assinate someone. Max puts some abuse on the pood guys head and dupes her moronic date into hanging out with a bunch of transgenics. I dont\\\' know how many times he says \\\"cool costume\\\".

Plus I have the mention the beat, the perfect song clip for the mood of this episode is played over and over. The song is called Clint Eastwood by the Gorrilas.