Dark Angel Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

Do you think the virus was the dumbest thing ever?

mitch1994

[1]Oct 3, 2006
    • level: 1
    Post your answer I myself think that in borrowed time the virus should have been cured for good
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DAngelfan

[2]Oct 3, 2006
    • level: 3
    No, the virus wasn't stupid. I didn't want Logan and Max to end up together anyway-I wanted her to end up with Alec

seanconery

[3]Oct 4, 2006
    • level: 10
    It was dumb that they kept it going for so long because it made the show feel too much like a love story.

historylover20

[4]Oct 4, 2006
    • level: 28
    seanconery wrote:
    It was dumb that they kept it going for so long because it made the show feel too much like a love story.

Agreed.

Kat

mitch1994

[5]Oct 4, 2006
    Yeah it did feel alot more like a love story i though they should have let Max and Logan go at it in "MEOW". But no Zack had to come in and mess things up.But i will say the look on Logan's face when Zack came in was priceless

seanconery

[6]Oct 5, 2006
    mitch1994 wrote:
    Yeah it did feel alot more like a love story i though they should have let Max and Logan go at it in "MEOW". But no Zack had to come in and mess things up.But i will say the look on Logan's face when Zack came in was priceless

That would have made things interesting.

seanconery

[7]Oct 5, 2006
    mitch1994 wrote:

That would have been interesting.

mitch1994

[8]Oct 5, 2006
    Very interesting indeed. But if they had a kid the show would have been so much more funny. Then instead of just plain old Alec we would of had "Uncle Alec"
    Edited on 10/05/2006 12:42pm

seanconery

[9]Oct 7, 2006
    I was thinking, the virus got a little tired, but I think the paralysis thing was the dumbest thing ever. I mean it was so contrived. It was fine for a while, just like the virus, but when they would cure him and he'd be able to walk and then it would go away, but oh wait I have this bionic exo-skeleton so I can walk again. They might as well just left him cured.

s1ay3r19

[10]Oct 9, 2006

seanconery wrote:
    I was thinking, the virus got a little tired, but I think the paralysis thing was the dumbest thing ever. I mean it was so contrived. It was fine for a while, just like the virus, but when they would cure him and he'd be able to walk and then it would go away, but oh wait I have this bionic exo-skeleton so I can walk again. They might as well just left him cured.

I would have to agree the virus didn't really bother me but the hole i cant walk, wait yes i can, no i cant thing really annoyed me

MsRogue

[11]Oct 10, 2006
    • level: 7
    DAngelfan wrote:
    No, the virus wasn't stupid. I didn't want Logan and Max to end up together anyway-I wanted her to end up with Alec
    Why would she get with Alec their dynamic is better as brother sister type relationship... I think they should have cured the virus early in the second season it was a good idea to keep the angst between Logan and MAX but the point is that towards the end of the season you feel like it took time away from other plot points and considering it ended that season it was a shame they wasted opportunities to have a happy ending and tell great in depth stories too

seanconery

[12]Oct 10, 2006
    She was more brother/sister with Zack, with Alec there was definately more sexual tension. Max and Logan didn't seem to have quite the same tension. With them it almost seemed as though they had once dated and were over each other...sorta, but that they weren't quite right for each other.

igotbupkis

[13]Oct 10, 2006
    • level: 28
    seanconery wrote:

Don't be ridiculous.

a) the heat between Max and Logan was obvious and a part of the show's overall plot. They needed, however, a reason to keep it simmering without reaching the otherwise easy boil (which, I'd point out, was what ruined the otherwise excellent Lois and Clark -- once they were married it the heat that fueled the show went out like air from a punctured balloon).The virus was an inventive excuse to both keep the relationship on slow simmer and yet to force them to remain apart allowing for romantic tensions and jealousies without being hokey about it.

b) It's pretty obvious from the start that there was supposed to be a love story between Max and Logan -- even if you rooted for Alec or some other to win in the end.

seanconery

[14]Oct 11, 2006
    Me be ridiculous!?!? I don't think so. It's an action/SciFi show, it does not need a love story. Furthermore, there was no tension left between Max and Logan. Yes they bickered, but it was almost like a broth and sister.

mitch1994

[15]Oct 11, 2006
    Or an old married couple cause they did fight the dumbest things

IAmARevenant

[16]Oct 13, 2006
    • level: 3
    I thought the virus was uneeded. and when it got cured in one of the books, it was kinda like "okay, that's it".

And Max with Alec? Poo to that. I think Max is right with Logan.

s1ay3r19

[17]Oct 17, 2006
    i dident care for they the book cured the virus.  I thought it was to convenient they tried for years to get rid of it and all of a sudden out of peer luck its cured.

joshjr

[18]Oct 18, 2006
    • level: 12
    I have not finished the second season yet but I wish that they would of cured the virus by now so that Max and Logan could be together.

thebowies

[19]Jan 24, 2007

YES, OMG!  Can't touch, how pathetic is that! Argh!  You're killing me, Smalls!

Crogos

[20]Jan 25, 2007
    • level: 11
    thebowies wrote:

OMG!  Can't touch, how pathetic is that! Argh!  You're killing me, Smalls!

Bahahahahaha! I love The Sandlot! hahaha. Oh boy. But yeah, virus-stupid, paralysis-stupid, familiars-really stupid. The show's long-term story arcs were pathetic and poorly thought out and it showed. The writers mentioned on the dvd commentary that they were trying to mirror reality with JAlba and M-dub, haha love that, but writing for Max and Logan was getting hard, because it always seemed to boil over too soon. They were trying way too hard and the end product succkkedd. But I still loved the show for some reason....oh right, Alec! haha They should have stayed with the season one idea, find sibs, escape the clutched of the evil Manticore, plot to take it down--they didn't have to take it down so soon, I mean it was just the first season--more military engineering-y conspiracy stuff, it could have gone soooo many more places, which is probably why it has in ff world! hahaha. Not crazy cult poo. That was weak.