Dark Angel Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

General Discussion & FAQ (ask your questions here!)

jeepgirl15068

[22]May 15, 2007
    • level: 5
    In the books, it mentions someone named Seth, but I didn't read all three of them so I don't know if he escaped or not. And BelieveIt-SeeIt, I thought Jack didn't escape. Wasn't he the one that was killed because he had seizures? Cause later it showed Max watching Lydecker at the autopsy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sirius452

[23]May 15, 2007
    • level: 10

Jack died before the escape. You're right about the autopsy. Also, when Max meets Ben she asks "Then why didn't she save Eva or Jack.

Seth was one of the escapees, and he's in the books. He is also my bone of contention with the books. Don't read on if you don't wanna know.

***SPOILER***

Does anyone know where I could watch or download the pilot. I lost the first disk, and I don't wanna buy the whole box set over again for 3 episodes.

Edited on 06/11/2007 5:06am

Myrik

[24]Sep 23, 2007
    • level: 1

I found this great url for renting and watching any episodes of Dark Angel online. It is very inexpensive, about $3 to watch each disk (usually 5 episodes) and less if you are a premium member.
    http://media.lostincode.com/html/catalog/SeriesView.asp?SeriesID=15

It even tracks what you have watched and saves a watch list of what you still want to watch.

Hope this helps,

Nate

TVcompFrEaK90

[25]Nov 10, 2007
    • level: 12
    When Alec was a kid, was he in the same Manticore facility as Max? or was there more than one facility? Did Manticore move from Wyoming to Seattle because there seemed to only be one, which Max destroyed, and before that she had destroyed the DNA to make more embryos.

bunnylike

[26]Nov 12, 2007
    • level: 3

Hey, does anyone know what happens to Ames White in books? Ihavent been able to find the book anywhere!

Haz kisx

jrickettscurran

[27]Dec 6, 2007
    • level: 9

TVcompFrEaK90 wrote:
    When Alec was a kid, was he in the same Manticore facility as Max? or was there more than one facility? Did Manticore move from Wyoming to Seattle because there seemed to only be one, which Max destroyed, and before that she had destroyed the DNA to make more embryos.

If I'm remembering correctly, Manticore had the X-5s in units, and the units worked together. My 2 cents is that the units worked exclusive of each other and that would be why Max didn't know Alec, but she knew Ben. In addition, the X-5 soldiers didn't "know" (one-on-one)the non-soldier X-5s, i.e. Brain and Mia.

dushred

[29]Jul 24, 2008
    bunnylike wrote:

Hey, does anyone know what happens to Ames White in books? Ihavent been able to find the book anywhere!

Haz kisx

The books are online at: http://www.scribd.com/doc/4037820/Dark-Angel-After-the-Dark
    and http://www.scribd.com/doc/4037784/Dark-Angel-Skin-Game

Can't find the prequal one online though

-Trouble-

[30]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 15
    I'm halfway season 2 right now, and I've got to say one thing: it is much and much funnier than season 1. The comments from Alec against Max and Logan (and vice versa) are hilarious. and joshua is very funny too

BuffyAngeMaxTru

[31]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 8

The show was suddenly axed to make way for Joss Whedons (creator of Buffy) new show at the time, Firefly... I Believe!... there was no real ending that has ever been mentioned. It was left with so many open questions. just make it up yourself lol.

Edited on 10/30/2008 11:22pm

BuffyAngeMaxTru

[32]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 8
    -Trouble- wrote:
    I'm halfway season 2 right now, and I've got to say one thing: it is much and much funnier than season 1. The comments from Alec against Max and Logan (and vice versa) are hilarious. and joshua is very funny too
    Season 1 I always believed was quite a possibility in our real life today. loved the show. it wasnt too far streched in season 1... the original escapees etc. Season 2 even though i loved alec & max etc... it was still a little too far stretched with the demon looking creatures and stuff. this i think brought the show down a bit in the end!... still a great show... actually got my partner onto watching it as we speak

KeelyBoston

[33]Jun 21, 2010

So I own the show and I love it and I just recently bought the books. Something I've been wondering about is the other escapees, there are apparently 12 (13, counting this Seth character). In the TV show and in the book at the beginning Zack saves Max and Jondy from getting captured right before Max falls into the pond. He is surrounded and shot by the tazers and captured, but later on Zack is still leading the others with contact numbers and everything. So when did he escape?

Also in chapter 3 of the first book it says, "...defiant Eva, shot by lydecker, the catalyst for their escape, dead for sure; Brin, the acrobatic one; Zack, their leader and her older brother; Seth, the boy who'd been caught that night and dragged back by the guards;" so Zack wasn't caught, but Seth was? and if that's true then when did he escape? I haven't read that far in the books yet. Do they explain it?