Dark Angel Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

Max and Alec?

Clemontine

[1]Aug 15, 2006
    • level: 23
    ?Before watching season 2, someone told me that it introduces a second love interest for Max which complicates things. If I had not heard this before watching the season, it never would have even crossed my mind as possible. Max is completely not interested, and still so in love with Logan. Alec probably still doesnt know what he wants, be is at least somewhat interested in Asha. Max and Alec make a great team and do understand each other better than most on the show, but is the only reason for this idea the fact that some dont think ppl of the opposite sex can be only friends?
    Edited on 08/17/2006 1:30pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rebates

[2]Aug 20, 2006
    • level: 17

Well, I wouldn't have said that Alec was initially intended to be a love interest for Max, but that's just me.  In my opinion, he was brought as another male/transgenic for Max to hang with and solve problems with since she and Logan had all those virus issues.  As the season played out, I think there was definitely some sexual tension building between Max and Alec because of their loathing for each other.  After all, there's a thin line between love and hate!  And then of course, Max uses Alec to push Logan away, even though nothing ever developed with her and Alec.

I think a lot people just wanted to see Max hook up with a hot guy, and let's face it, Jensen Ackles is hot!  And since the writers were determined to keep Max and Logan apart in S2, Alec was the only other option!

seanconery

[3]Aug 21, 2006
    • level: 10
    I've heard Max hooks up with Logan in the books.

alyssa01

[4]Aug 21, 2006
    • level: 15
    i think, even though it probably never would have happened if the show hadn't been cancelled, that max and alec would have made a good if not funny couple. but it has to be max and logan 4EVA!

Clemontine

[5]Aug 21, 2006
    So its just cuz he's hotter? Well, lol, thats silly. I just dont get it. I saw no sexual tension between them. She found him so annoying. They had a serious convo once, but even when she used him to keep Logan away, she still rolled her eyes at the idea. I like seeing them together, of course, cuz he is so funny. But a relationship just seems unrealistic. But I guess if its just some ppls fantasy I can understand.

alyssa01

[6]Aug 22, 2006
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 08/22/2006 1:49am
    Edited 3 total times.

alyssa01

[7]Aug 22, 2006
    I agree with Rebates, there was sexual tension between max and alec and it also seemed like alec had a little crush on max.

p.s i dont think alec is hotter than logan

seanconery

[8]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 10
    alyssa01 wrote:
    I agree with Rebates, there was sexual tension between max and alec and it also seemed like alec had a little crush on max.

There was def some tension between the two of them. If the show wasn't cancelled they would have probably gotten together, but not stayged together til the end.

Clemontine

[9]Aug 22, 2006
    I dont see it at all.

vilandra5

[10]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 4
    I think Alec would drive max crazy if they were together

historylover20

[11]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 28
    seanconery wrote:
    alyssa01 wrote:

There was def some tension between the two of them. If the show wasn't cancelled they would have probably gotten together, but not stayged together til the end.

Yeah, there was definitely sexual tension between Max and Alec. I also think if the show would have gone on longer, those two would have had some sort of affair. But, it wouldn't have been permanent.

Plus, I agree with those who say that Alec would have made a great one-night stand, but not a lasting boyfriend.

Also, he and Max really are too much alike for anything to have lasted.

It would have been fun, though.

Kat

Fantailedwall

[12]Dec 13, 2006
    • level: 1
    Clemontine wrote:
    I dont see it at all.

Amen to that.

Crogos

[13]Jan 16, 2007
    • level: 11

I definately thought there was sexual tension between the characters.  They were great to watch together, I thought, their banter was so much more interesting than the painful glances of unrequited love due to a genetically targeted deadly virus reserved for the Max and Logan moments, which I like to call: fast forward.  Max totally put on this crazy mask on for Logan-where she did what was right, and saw the error in her ways, and wanted to become a freedom fighter and save the world with him--ugh.

But with everyone else, she was this kick as s chick who looked out for number one, and did what she had to to get by.  Maybe she was all goody-goody to impress Logan, so he wouldn't be ashamed of her. blech. I would have thought, on paper-Logan would have been more of a father figure/moral guide than he would be a lover.  I mean Max is not even out of her teens, she never had real parental influences, and she definately had a troubled childhood--Oh and Logan is what, 12 years her senior?! Creep much?  That's just me though.  That always rubbed me the wrong way when I watched the show.

But the characters of Max and Alec were fantastic together, I thought.  They balanced each other nicely--she was a hypocrite, he'd call her on it; he did something stupid, she made sure he knew it.  They had good comedic moments, well, she would rip it, and he would make a great witty comeback.  And they were definately moving on to more as the show progressed--then the writers did a ridiculous 180, and the show died soon afterwards, awesome!

P.S. Max and Alec were supposed to get together, if the show had continued--and Logan was supposed to be written off season 1--instead of Zack.

historylover20

[14]Jan 17, 2007
    • level: 28

Where do you get that Logan was supposed to have been written out in season one? I've never come across that information before.

Kat

Crogos

[15]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 11
    historylover20 wrote:

Where do you get that Logan was supposed to have been written out in season one? I've never come across that information before.

Kat

Check out the NWP site, I think I've seen you post there before.  But yeah in the Logan vs. Alec forum it was explored pretty deeply. And apparently it came out alot after the series got cancelled.

crazy_chick37

[16]Feb 7, 2007
    • level: 6
    I think that Alec liked Max and they had really good chemistry. I think in the end though she would end up with Logan. I definately like Max/Alec a lot better though...maybe it is because my undying love for Jensen though

godgaleshot

[17]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 3
    Crogos wrote:

I definately thought there was sexual tension between the characters. They were great to watch together, I thought, their banter was so much more interesting than the painful glances of unrequited love due to a genetically targeted deadly virus reserved for the Max and Logan moments, which I like to call: fast forward. Max totally put on this crazy mask on for Logan-where she did what was right, and saw the error in her ways, and wanted to become a freedom fighter and save the world with him--ugh.

But with everyone else, she was this kick as s chick who looked out for number one, and did what she had to to get by. Maybe she was all goody-goody to impress Logan, so he wouldn't be ashamed of her. blech. I would have thought, on paper-Logan would have been more of a father figure/moral guide than he would be a lover. I mean Max is not even out of her teens, she never had real parental influences, and she definately had a troubled childhood--Oh and Logan is what, 12 years her senior?! Creep much? That's just me though. That always rubbed me the wrong way when I watched the show.

But the characters of Max and Alec were fantastic together, I thought. They balanced each other nicely--she was a hypocrite, he'd call her on it; he did something stupid, she made sure he knew it. They had good comedic moments, well, she would rip it, and he would make a great witty comeback. And they were definately moving on to more as the show progressed--then the writers did a ridiculous 180, and the show died soon afterwards, awesome!

P.S. Max and Alec were supposed to get together, if the show had continued--and Logan was supposed to be written off season 1--instead of Zack.

Oh, god I totally agree, give me Max and Alec over Max and Logan any day!
    Max and Logan were way too painful to watch and the sexual tension between Alec and Max, well damn but you could cut it with a knife!

electricpeppers

[18]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 26
    ^^ Yeah. I think maybe had the show gone on longer they should have gotten together. The chemistry was definately there, unlike Max and Logan (yawn). 

andyxbeckqguu

[19]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 2
    Clemontine wrote:
    I dont see it at all.

Seconded.

dimechic24

[20]Apr 2, 2007
    • level: 3
    there definately was tension between alec and max. i, for one, don't think it was sexually though. well, not for max at least. think about it. alec is the exact replica of her twisted brother ben. they had a bad start and he was a screw up through out season two. not saying i didn't like alec, cause i did. but when it comes down to max and alec, no, it be too weird for it to happen. she couldn't stand him and has proved it through out the season. .
    Edited on 04/02/2007 8:22am