Dark Angel Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

POLL: Fave character?

Who's your favorite character?

seanconery

[1]Aug 21, 2006
    • level: 10

This one has Alec and I added Lydecker because he plays a good foil.

Edited on 02/02/2007 8:06am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

historylover20

[2]Aug 21, 2006
    • level: 28
    Alec!

Kat

seanconery

[3]Aug 22, 2006
    Are there really that many more people that like Alec more than Max or is it assumed we all like Max and that he's second best? I almost didn't put Max on because she got so many votes in the last poll.

alibeth25

[4]Sep 22, 2006
    • level: 26
    Alec is my all time favorite character. Max is my second.

leesha_27

[5]Sep 23, 2006
    • level: 17

how can't ppl like max the most?!

in my opinion alec comes after max....defo

seanconery

[6]Sep 26, 2006
    agreed.

CancerTheCrab

[7]Sep 28, 2006
    • level: 16
    i like max but alec is just so much funnier, which is why i like him more, max is my second favorite though

abandonedhere

[8]Jan 16, 2007
    • level: 1
    alec is my first favorite and max my seconed as well.

Crogos

[9]Jan 16, 2007
    • level: 11

Haha, thanks for putting this up!

Definately Alec...obvs. haha, but I would even put him over Max.  Alec 1st, Max 2nd, Normal 3rd.  I can't help but be a little biased, I mean, my first episode of Dark Angel was Pollo Loco.

But no.  Character-wise, Alec was really on his way to getting developed really really well.  Then the whole cancellation happened, and the crazy re-writes, and stupid people ruining the show.  Maybe that's why I don't like Logan. huh.  Alec had a linear growth that made more sense than any other character on the show, he had a good mix of drama and comedy in his character, the part was very well acted, and damn is Jensen hot. hahaha

Max was the lead character, and therefore is a default top 3.  She had a really interesting character, unfortunately the writers played a little too fast and loose with the character for my likeing.  They seemed to make her personality change to fit a situation/episode.  One day she would be this bi-atch ready to kick anyone to the curb to protect her own, etc; the next minute she was a whiney, selfish, and completely self-absorbed character--like no one else has problems. Ugh. Maybe they meant to give her layers, but they never seemed to explore her personality deep enough to satisfy, for me anyways.

Normal was hilarious!  He was snarky and witty and he delivered those lines with perfect timing.  The guy was priceless!  I wish they had used him more, but I'll take what I can get.

vilandra5

[10]Jan 22, 2007
    • level: 4
    I voted for other, that other being Ames White.

Crogos i LOVE you pic its deadly!!!

thebowies

[11]Jan 23, 2007

Loved Brain! He was so big and goofy & sweet, it would have been cute to see him get together with Max, but, well, what can you do?

Also, Normal's great!  A regular guy trying to get along in a crazy world!  I could totally relate to him!  (Although the comment he made during 'Freak Nation' to Original Cindy that he knows his way around inside a heifer even better than her was offensive on so many levels!)

vegito54

[12]Jan 23, 2007
    how could anyone not vote for max- JESSICA ALBA IS A GODDESS.

seanconery

[13]Jan 25, 2007
    I hear you.

Crogos

[14]Jan 25, 2007

Alba is gorgeous, yes.  But she is a little...what's the word--oh right, lacking in the acting talent department.  I mean come on, she made all of three facial expressions throughout the series: semi-happy-ish-almost, though that only appeared in season one; pissed off which was plastered to her face in season two; and finally the look of unrequited love..ugh...usually reserved for meaningful glances thrown across the room at Logan. Blech.

But I mean, even aside from Dark Angel, she's kinda, okay not kinda, really bad.  I mean I watched Honey and was blown away at the sheer stupidity of the film and the positively atrocious acting.  It was brutal--and I even went in thinking it would be a decent movie--I really like Jessica Alba, hahaha. Dude, Honey was a bomb, the one with the water and beach in it--I'm guessing that was a bomb since I can't even recall the name of it, no joke, and sin city?  she was a stripper, she didn't act, she shook her as-s.  Haha, I had a good time w/fantastic four though hahaha, invisible woman?  How perfect is that, she doesn't have to act, she's invisible for it half the time!  All she has to do is a voice over!! It's genius hahahaha.  Oh but has anyone else noticed, her voice is kinda monotonous?  It's really flat all the time and never really seems to change expression, weird.  Oh J-Alba. hahaha.

vegito54

[15]Jan 25, 2007
    hey crogos I never said she was a good actress. Other than that she is perfect.

Crogos

[16]Jan 25, 2007
    haha, other than not being very good at her chosen profession and all...haha. Ah well, I have no hate, just little annoyances when I watch her on screen.  I'm actually an Alba fan, I've been watching her since freakin' Flipper hahaha!

seanconery

[17]Jan 29, 2007
    Come on Crogos she's not that bad. Give her some props for Sin City, plus Into the Blue really was a good escapist adventure. Besides, it's not like she gets the best writing.   We all know that Natalie Portman and Sam Jackson and Ewan McGregor and many more from Star Wars can act, but no one can escape the crap that is George Lucas directing.
    Edited on 01/29/2007 9:04pm

Crogos

[18]Feb 1, 2007
    seanconery wrote:
    Come on Crogos she's not that bad. Give her some props for Sin City, plus Into the Blue really was a good escapist adventure. Besides, it's not like she gets the best writing.   We all know that Natalie Portman and Sam Jackson and Ewan McGregor and many more from Star Wars can act, but no one can escape the crap that is George Lucas directing.
    Hahaha! The crap that is George Lucas! Love it. I thought I was alone on that one hahaha. *Into the Blue* that's the title of the movie! Honestly, I couldn't recall. But come on? Escapist adventure? Give me a break, it was a two hour hurt-fest...so campy, very predictable, a very typical movie. By that I mean it's one of the 'hot-guy, hot-girl, let's take off as much clothing as we can, but still keep it PG-13' movies. Plot? Who needs a plot? We have Jessica Alba, Paul Walker and a beach--what more do you need? And on Sin City. Honestly? I don't recall her reciting any lines at all in that film. Just the one scene where she is...ahem...working the pole. Yeah, okay she's hot, but that doesn't merit acclaim for her acting abilities. Seriously, she was in more than one scene in that movie?! Clearly she is not remembered for anything other than her looks. And don't start saying her looks over-shadow her talent. Come on Halle Berry? Julia Roberts? Natalie Portman? And so on and so forth. But come on. It's Jessica Alba who chooses what she wants to play. It's Jessica Alba who portrays this image that gets her the roles that typecast her as the 'hot-girl' who hangs off the arm of the typecast 'hot-guy'. If she wants a more serious career that isn't focused solely on her image she needs to not only choose better roles, but work hard to earn those roles. Not saying that she doesn't work hard, but her acting skills definately need some sprucing up, to say the least, before she will earn a spot in any of those roles.

thebowies

[19]Feb 1, 2007
    seanconery, you have annoyed me before with some of your other posts I read, sorry, but all is forgiven now because FINALLY! someone else has the guts to say that George Lucas ISN'T  all that!  If I ever meet him I'm gonna slap him & ask for my money back!  & he's tainted the originals for me now, I can't watch them without thinking of Episodes I, II & III!  If I were Natalie, Sam or Ewan I would take those movies off my resume!

seanconery

[20]Feb 2, 2007
    thebowies wrote:
    seanconery, you have annoyed me before with some of your other posts I read, sorry, but all is forgiven now because FINALLY! someone else has the guts to say that George Lucas ISN'T  all that!  If I ever meet him I'm gonna slap him & ask for my money back!  & he's tainted the originals for me now, I can't watch them without thinking of Episodes I, II & III!  If I were Natalie, Sam or Ewan I would take those movies off my resume!
    Well okay I agree with most of that, but for the moast part George Lucas is pretty awesome, he has great ideas, he was great for the film industry and he can come up with a great story. With that said no one should ever let him within ten feet of a directors chair or let him write any kind of dialogue. We should put this in perspective though, the old Star Wars movies were kinda cheesy at times and the dialogue also wasn't great. On the one hand the new movies didn't live up to our expectations, but on the other hand are we holding them unfair standards? What is considered a quality movie these days is not the same as 30 years ago.
    Edited on 02/02/2007 9:28am