Dark Angel Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

POLL: Logan - hate him or love him

logan cale?

tribalchic

[1]Mar 1, 2007
    • level: 17
    i know alot of people had mixed feelings for this character......expecially cuz all the jensen lovers hated him for stealing time away from the max/alec storyline that never got a chance to happen.but i think he is very compassionate and sweet he is allways looking out for everyone else...........i was just wondering how evryone else felt about him?
    Edited on 03/02/2007 7:34am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

historylover20

[2]Mar 1, 2007
    • level: 28

Um, neither...

I don't hate Logan. I don't love him either. He's OK. A little too self-righteous for me, but I can't say that I hate him.

Kat

tribalchic

[3]Mar 1, 2007
    the only reason why i worded it so strongly is cuz the people i talk with either really hate him or really like him.he's got that kinda personality that you either love or hate.and i was just curious how many in either direction? 

frozenrose666

[4]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 5

I don't hate him, I just dislike him.

He just seemed to grate on my nerves far more than all of the other characters and I often didn't enjoy stories that had him as a main focus as much.

Admitted, I am a Jensen/Alec fan but I just didn't think Logan's character matched. And it doesn't have anything to do with the Logan/Max/Alec thing. I think J Alba and M W had great chemistry, but I just preferred the relationship that was forming between Alec and Max.

electricpeppers

[5]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 26
    I didn't hate him, but I felt he wasn't an interesting character... he was far too serious.
    Edited on 03/04/2007 5:43am

tribalchic

[6]Mar 4, 2007

i just heard about the crap he pulled behind stage in season 2 of dark angel(i never knew)

and im a big michael weatherly fan (ncis NOT dark angel)call me naive but that just knocked him down a notch on my top five tv guys list.

shashi_

[7]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 4
    Hate is a very strong word to use!
    I didn't hate him, he was a good character.
    But then again, I didn't care about the max/alex story.
    :]

Crogos

[8]Mar 5, 2007
    • level: 11
    Okay, fine, no one else wants to say it, I will: I hate Logan! hahaha. His character was coma inducing. I can't count the number of times I've rolled my eyes when he came on screen! He was tired and old and boring and a complete waste of my time--and time is money people, time is money! He was such a stuffy character. Oh! I'm going to save the day! Look at me go Max! I'm going to teach people to be good, because man, if I can do it, ANYONE can! Ugh. Yeah, easy for you to say Mr. I'm-already-Rich, but you're not the poor kid trying to get by on what she can. How dare he take advantage! I think he really took away from the Max character, rather than give her a point to grow on. That coupled by the behind the scenes antics MW ran as Tribalchic mentioned, I really can't help but hate the character. And, no, the word isn't too strong.

thebowies

[9]Mar 5, 2007
    • level: 10
    Since I'm kinda strange & have always loved nerdy guys, I gotta say overall, liked him. To quote Max, "...with those glasses that make him look all serious & intellectual..."

tribalchic

[10]Mar 5, 2007

Crogos wrote:
    Okay, fine, no one else wants to say it, I will: I hate Logan! hahaha. His character was coma inducing. I can't count the number of times I've rolled my eyes when he came on screen! He was tired and old and boring and a complete waste of my time--and time is money people, time is money! He was such a stuffy character. Oh! I'm going to save the day! Look at me go Max! I'm going to teach people to be good, because man, if I can do it, ANYONE can! Ugh. Yeah, easy for you to say Mr. I'm-already-Rich, but you're not the poor kid trying to get by on what she can. How dare he take advantage! I think he really took away from the Max character, rather than give her a point to grow on. That coupled by the behind the scenes antics MW ran as Tribalchic mentioned, I really can't help but hate the character. And, no, the word isn't too strong.

lol....that was really funny

i agree with just about everything exept.he really did make max character grow a little teaching her not to just care about herself but other people too....look at the character difference between her attitude in the pilot and her attitude towardes the end of the season...it was clear that a little bit of logan rubbed off on her,in a good way.however by season 2 after 2episodes of him moaning about not touching max.....i did get very fed up with his character.........he got very annoying and i found myself thinking just hold her hand and get it over with.  

seanconery

[11]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 10
    Mildly dislike.

frozenrose666

[12]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 5

seanconery wrote:
    Mildly dislike.

No, mine is more than simply 'mild dislike'. More like 'intense-dislike-verging-on-wanting-to-punch-him-in-the-face-but-not-quite.'

electricpeppers

[13]Mar 16, 2007
    • level: 26
    ^^Not too keen on him, huh. Lol.

andyxbeckqguu

[14]Mar 22, 2007
    • level: 2
    tribalchic wrote:

i just heard about the crap he pulled behind stage in season 2 of dark angel(i never knew)

What did he do?

tribalchic

[15]Mar 24, 2007
    andyxbeckqguu wrote:
    tribalchic wrote:

What did he do?

2 things actually.....

1.he hated that jensen ackles was becoming a regular,and started ordering script rewrites if he had more of a part then him...plus he treated jensen like crap.

2.he hated how the season2 storyline was going(i agree with him on that part)so the minute he got the news that show was canceled(not even halfway through the season)he started goofing off,not memorizing lines,and showing up late......how professional of him!!!!!

historylover20

[16]Mar 24, 2007

According to the commentary on Freak Nation (and also implied in the commentary in Hello Goodbye), no one knew the series was going to be cancelled until after Freak Nation aired. Everyone was expecting it to come back for a third season.

So, MW goofing off and not memorizing his lines because he knew the show was going to be cancelled is false. Not that he wasn't goofing off and wasn't memorizing his lines has to be false, because I don't know that, but it's false that it's because he knew that the show was going to be cancelled.

I've heard the rumors about MW not liking the attention Jensen and Alec received. There are rumors that he was mad that Alec had a back story and Logan didn't.

But, there has been nothing official come out of that. No one's talking. If it's true, Jensen's too good of a guy (or too professional) to speak badly of former co-stars.

Kat

tribalchic

[17]Mar 24, 2007
    historylover20 wrote:

According to the commentary on Freak Nation (and also implied in the commentary in Hello Goodbye), no one knew the series was going to be cancelled until after Freak Nation aired. Everyone was expecting it to come back for a third season.

So, MW goofing off and not memorizing his lines because he knew the show was going to be cancelled is false. Not that he wasn't goofing off and wasn't memorizing his lines has to be false, because I don't know that, but it's false that it's because he knew that the show was going to be cancelled.

I've heard the rumors about MW not liking the attention Jensen and Alec received. There are rumors that he was mad that Alec had a back story and Logan didn't.

But, there has been nothing official come out of that. No one's talking. If it's true, Jensen's too good of a guy (or too professional) to speak badly of former co-stars.

Kat

no they got news of cancelation during the filming of "fuhhhgedabout it"or however they spelled it.in an interview jessica alba was talking about filming the episode while knowing the show would never see a third season......she also said she was kinda relieved at that point to hear the news.so if she knew im pretty sure the entire cast also knew.......M.W.'S behavior really didnt get out of hand till mid s2....a true sign that he just didnt care anymore.

tribalchic

[18]Mar 24, 2007

also in june of 2002......jessica alba did an interview with one of the late night programs(cant remember whitch)where she vaguely shed some light on some of the off screen drama that occured behind the scenes......she roled her eyes saying "she felt she was in the middle of a testosterone sandwich"

if anyone else knows of the interview i am talking about and has it.....please post a link.

but yes jensen,has been a complete gentlemen about this issue.......he has never discussed it openly(whitch if he did,he would still seem like the bigger person)and neither has m.w. 

historylover20

[19]Mar 28, 2007
    tribalchic wrote:
    historylover20 wrote:

Kat

no they got news of cancelation during the filming of "fuhhhgedabout it"or however they spelled it.in an interview jessica alba was talking about filming the episode while knowing the show would never see a third season......she also said she was kinda relieved at that point to hear the news.so if she knew im pretty sure the entire cast also knew.......M.W.'S behavior really didnt get out of hand till mid s2....a true sign that he just didnt care anymore.

Any chance you can find those interviews? Because the commentaries on season 2 clearly state that they were planning on having season 3. Specifically the commentaries on "Hello Goodbye" and "Freak Nation." The writers and producers talk about the plans for season 3 and how Freak Nation was supposed to be a season finale, not a series finale.

Could they be lying or mistaken now? It's very possible. After all, Freak Nation was 90 minutes, while And Jesus Brought a Casserole was 60 minutes. Plus, James Cameron directed.

But, why would they lie or be mistaken now? What does it matter now?

Plus, Fuhgeddaboudit was first aired on March 15, 2002, which means it was probably filmed sometime in January or February of 2002. January and February are pretty early for networks to officially say "we're cancelling this show." They may have made the decision, but it's pretty early for the producers, writers, cast, and crew to know. The only exceptions are those shows that are doing so badly in ratings that they get yanked off the air.

If you can link me to the interviews, I'll change my tune. And, I'll apologize here.

Look at it this way--it's the end of March, and we still don't know if Supernatural is going to be renewed for a third season. Kripke doesn't know. The actors don't know. Because nothing's official.

Still, Freak Nation works better as a season finale than it does a series finale. It leaves too many loose ends. And, no producer in his right mind would not wrap up the series, if the cancellation was known beyond a shadow of a doubt. If the series is cancelled before its time (like I maintain DA was), there's not much they can do about the series finale.

Kat

tribalchic

[20]Mar 28, 2007

[/QUOTE]

Any chance you can find those interviews? Because the commentaries on season 2 clearly state that they were planning on having season 3. Specifically the commentaries on "Hello Goodbye" and "Freak Nation." The writers and producers talk about the plans for season 3 and how Freak Nation was supposed to be a season finale, not a series finale.

Could they be lying or mistaken now? It's very possible. After all, Freak Nation was 90 minutes, while And Jesus Brought a Casserole was 60 minutes. Plus, James Cameron directed.

But, why would they lie or be mistaken now? What does it matter now?

Plus, Fuhgeddaboudit was first aired on March 15, 2002, which means it was probably filmed sometime in January or February of 2002. January and February are pretty early for networks to officially say "we're cancelling this show." They may have made the decision, but it's pretty early for the producers, writers, cast, and crew to know. The only exceptions are those shows that are doing so badly in ratings that they get yanked off the air.

If you can link me to the interviews, I'll change my tune. And, I'll apologize here.

Look at it this way--it's the end of March, and we still don't know if Supernatural is going to be renewed for a third season. Kripke doesn't know. The actors don't know. Because nothing's official.

Still, Freak Nation works better as a season finale than it does a series finale. It leaves too many loose ends. And, no producer in his right mind would not wrap up the series, if the cancellation was known beyond a shadow of a doubt. If the series is cancelled before its time (like I maintain DA was), there's not much they can do about the series finale.

Kat

[/QUOTE]

yeah i will try and find them.i know i have seen the "fuggedahbout it"one with jessica alba....just recently.....i will try and find the link

i havnt found the one with jessica alba and the backstage drama yet,(i remember when it actually airred)so if anyone has a link i would greatly appreciate it.