Dark Angel Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

Season 1 vs. Season 2

Ovidius79

[1]Jun 13, 2009
    • level: 2
    Don't get me wrong, I really like this show. But in my opinion the second season could possiby be the worst second season ever, compared to the first. The first season is sooo much better than the second. I do realise that they had to do something to develope the storyline, but they just turned the show into a "freak chasing mania". Any thoughts?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

spoilerwhore

[2]Jun 13, 2009
    • level: 11
    I agree. The first season was a lot better than the second.

historylover20

[3]Jun 18, 2009
    • level: 28

I actually prefer the second season upon retrospect.

Kat

bored2pieces2

[4]Jun 28, 2009
    • level: 3
    I do, too.

Myrlyn66

[5]Aug 11, 2009
    I just started watching this as I'm a huge Michael Weatherly & Jensen Ackles fan. I have to agree - I quickly became addicted to Season One and stayed up late each night last week to finish the DVD set. I started on Season Two as I finished Season One (around 11:30 Saturday night) as the ending to that was amazing, but I just can't get into Season Two at all. I'm wanting to finish it to see if Logan & Max get together, but at this point, I'm just watching it it see MW & JA. Season One was definitely better for me.

Darth_Dave

[6]Aug 23, 2009
    • level: 20
    The first season was one of the best even, the way James Cameron and the writers wanted it to be, the second season was an absolute joke, one of the main reason is because the Fox network interfered and wanted more of a freak of the week type show.

hitzlibutzli

[7]Oct 1, 2009
    • level: 4
    i totally agree with you. when the show was on tv in germany i watched every episode. now, years later i bought the dvds to watch it in english. i got my boyfriend to watch it with me and he really enjoyed it. but now that we've finished the first season and started season 2 we almost dont watch anymore... the storyline is just not as good as in season one, which was amazing! also i really dont like logans new hairstyle :-) anyway, dark angel rocks!

jack756

[8]Nov 27, 2009
    • level: 14

i hated season 1 b/c it dragged on to long for me all it was ''lets find my brothers and sisters'' and that got boring after awhile.

i enjoyed season2 alot more b/c they expanded the plots involving x5s,the acting was alot better compared to season1 and every episode keep me guessing unlike season 1

BuffyAngeMaxTru

[9]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 8
    straight up id say Season 1.
    to pick it apart....

Season 1... more Realistic, which I Loved.
    Season 2... had too much of a un-realistic demon feel to it.
    Season 1... i like the whole finding of the brothers and sisters, i loved Zack and Tinga.
    Season 2... Alec was hilarious.
    Season 2.. had to me, too many storylines it didnt clear up... like what happened to Lydecker, the man bad dude, car accident, then forgotten about completely.

DorienHerremans

[10]Jan 24, 2010
    Once you get used to the childish presentation of the "freaks". S2 is actually pretty good!

pinchasb

[11]Jan 25, 2010
    • level: 13
    Season 1 was better but season 2 not bad the direction the show took in season 2 hade no connection to season1 and for more Sci-Fi 'e.

buffyangel4evr_

[12]Feb 7, 2010
    • level: 20
    Season 1 started off pretty slow and was a bit confusing. After the fourth episode I was able to follow it much better and really got into the plot and characters. This cliffhanger was well done and flowed nicely into the beginning of season 2. I detested the "freak of the week" concept and was not a fan of the anti-Logan virus dragging on for the entire season. I liked the new big bad and Ames White. What the heck happened to Lydecker?????? Jensen Ackles was the ultimate shining star of S2 and if it weren't for him it would have been crap. I probably liked both season fairly equally, but Jensen puts S2 a bit ahead, he was perfection.

Meredith1985

[13]Feb 11, 2010
    • level: 9

I like season 2 better, b/c it had Alec and Joshua and they are my favorite characters.!

niceisgood

[14]Mar 7, 2010
    • level: 2

I'm suprised you feel that way. I my opinion season two is hundred times better then season one.

When I start watching the show I did because I hears Jensen was in it. Then I saw that another big favourite of mine, Michael Weatherly was in it to. I think I wouldn't have continue watching if it wasn't for him. The first episode was really slow and I wasn't really into the show before Pollo loco.And Max and Logan dancing around each other not willing to except their feelings were frustrating.

Season two has such a higher speed. Alec and Joshua are amazing characters and I even like Aisha. It's sader, it' more exciting and just better. The last episode are amazing and left us with some huge unanswered questions. I would loved a season three.

Madelynn1984

[15]Mar 16, 2010
    • level: 6

I agree 100%. Season 1 was so interesting, such an original idea. Season 2 became a "freak of the weak" thing, and that's so annoying. The worst episode of this show is still better than the best of many shows on tv, but compared to the first season, the second was horrible. Also, everyone is always debating whether Max should have gotten with Alec or Logan (which makes no sense, because OBVIOUSLY Logan), and some even say Logan was annoying. Youknow who was annoying in the second season? Max a lot of the time (especially when it came to her dealings with Logan.)

gabriela22

[16]Mar 29, 2010
    • level: 1

Well i love both seasons because they showd a diversity between living for her self then trying to take care of the maniticor poputation and taking resonsiblity for what she let out. But there are some things that i would have loved to change about some episodes

leesha_27

[17]May 19, 2010
    • level: 17
    Definitely Season 1 the better season for me! Had a better storyline and Joshua...ergh he was annoying. Cute at first, quickly turned annoying. TBH I liked the finale of Season 2, but thats about it really.

Sci-FiLover22

[18]May 11, 2013

i dont think u can break it down like that.

considering the writers had a plan for dark angel.each season was suppose to stand alone but connect to each other.

season 1 was about the x series

season 2 was about other series manticore made besides x5s and what their job in the war suppose to be

and

season 3 was suppose to be about the war,why max was the way she was,josuhua father.they explain on season 2 dvd.season 3 would have been better than season 1 and 2.

but i prefer season 2 over season 1 b/c s2 its more my style .

Edited on 05/11/2013 8:33am

bush101dan

[19]Dec 17, 2013

you have said what i know 1 season was great season poor a few good episodes on the hole poor i think they moved the plot on to quick with all the freaky looking escapees the first season with the x5 escapees had another season in it at least only good thing about season 2 was alot off people that only started watching season 2 wouldnt keep watching cant say it would of help ratings high ratings money gets spent on the show better the show getsJensen Acklescharacter alec sad it was a unique show great story. ps soz about the rant

rpgspree

[20]May 6, 2014
    • level: 13

Just rewatched both seasons with the family. We all preferred the first season the most, but the second wasn't as bad as I remembered. Sure, it had some god awful moments, like the weird lizard thing that spit Kevlar webs, but the bad parts had somewhat tainted my memory. Alec was still funny, and a bit like Ackles' later role as Dean Winchester, and Joshua was OK, but the whole virus thing just strained the relationship between Alex and Logan far too much. Their scenes together were often unbearable.