Dark Angel

Medium Is The Message

Aired Unknown Dec 14, 2001 on FOX

• Ames White is no ordinary bad guy, he is ring leader of a super cult bent on world domination and creating a race of super beings while maintaining his cover as a secret agent dedicated to eradicating the world of Jessica Alba.

I always thought Martin Cummins did a helluva job at portraying an evil SOB. This is the episode where the entire season takes a turn and goes from outrageous to outright bizarre. Since the show has long been cancelled I always look for that one specific moment that sealed the fate of the series. I wonder aloud, if this may have been the moment. Since you already have genetically enhanced freaks on the run from an undefined government agency, did we really need the leader of sed government agency to secretly be in a group dedicated to the breeding of a super-race bent on world domination? I long for the good 'ol days where Max was running from Lydecker and things seemed simplistic yet sufficient.

Good comedic understory with Alec and Joshua as well, usually DA comedy is hit or miss (see "BOO" for miss), but it worked nicely here. Solid effort all around and good swerve as just as we start to feel sorry for White, all is not as it would appear. Things would never be the same again and I still don't know if that is a good thing or the nail in the coffin.

***.5 out of 4 stars