Dark Angel

Some Assembly Required

Aired Unknown Nov 16, 2001 on FOX

• Zack is back, and since James Cameron is involved the only thing missing is "I'll be back" in a governor's accent.

William Gregory Lee returns as Zack, Max's X-5 buddy who shot himself in the cabesa to end season one and to save Max's life. Sine this is Manticore and Sci-Fi and anything goes, Zack returns with spare body parts and some serious memory loss. He also seems to have some serious unrequitted, unresolved attraction issues to Jessica Alba (no amount of rebuild could ever eliminate those)

All in all it's a very good episode, albeit a bit too hokey with the metal one minute, flesh the next. That is what bothered me more than anything else. If there were gonna go with terminator Zack, they shoudlve stuck to it. He was normal looking and fleshy by the 15 minute mark.

It is the only DA episode that shares a title with a BTVS episode, and for what it is worth this one was better than that one was (although that was one of BTVS alltime worst)

I can't seem to put my finger on what could've and should've made this one perfect, but it was a good enough send-off for a very good character. ***. 5 out of 4 stars