Dark Blue Forums

TNT (ended 2010)

Cancelled

Vikki35

[1]Nov 18, 2010
    • level: 2

I just read it's been cancelled. I'm not surprised, I loved season one it was much darker and grittier than season 2. They should have stuck to the original formula.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Singh-Shady

[2]Nov 18, 2010
    • level: 13
    Totally agree with you Vikki, season 1 was amazing. There wasn't really anything similar to the show on cable television. When Dylan McDermott's character got all romantic and soft, the show started to lose its touch. Had a really good cast. Although I feel Trisha Helfer is beautiful and definitely great to watch on television, I thought her addition to the show was unncessary because her acting style was not complimentary to the rest of the cast. As a result, the show took a negative direction.

thatmonkey

[3]Nov 19, 2010
    • level: 10

I agree with both of you. I loved the show. I think the characters grew as the show eveolved, but found Tricia to be both confusing and unnecesary. I would assume it was a play to amp up the sexy and possible get a Galatica fan or two. Better than most shows on cable, but hey how many shows last more than a couple season these days.

Shame, it was quality TV. Worst TNT move since they cut the Gary Cole cop show. That was good old fashioned entertainment.

Stardust18

[4]Nov 20, 2010
    • level: 4

I loved Dark Blue- sad to hear it is cancelled. I don't have cable so i always had to wait to watch it online later. I definitely seem to be in the minority, but i enjoyed season 2. I did miss some of the grittiness that season 1 had, but i also enjoyed the addition of Tricia Helfer. I wasn't too sure at first, but she started to grow on me. And it was nice to see another side of Carter and amusing to see them (unsuccessfully) try to hide their relationship from the rest of the team. This show was different than the rest of the cop shows on tv, which is one of the reasons i enjoyed it so much. I will definitely miss seeing new episodes.

Jemadari

[5]Nov 22, 2010
    • level: 12

I agree with the majority second season didn't live up to par but I will miss the show and I enjoyed the addition of Tricia Helfer though I think she's better as a bad "guy" like in Burn Notice

@thatmonkey I too was against the cancellation of Wanted(gary cole cop show)