Dark Blue

Urban Garden

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Aug 04, 2010 on TNT

7.3
  • Season Premiere

First epiosde of the new season. I thought it was quite strong.

It seemed a little weird to me at first that Carter had a garden and was growing tomatoes but by the end of the episode I was used to it. And I think it is good for him to have a garden, a hobby, something for him to look forward to and focus on.

It was quite an interesting way of introducing the new character of Alex. The LAPD case crossing over with the FBI. It made for a good storyline, the case... I thought Alex appeared as a really strong female character and will make a great addition to the show.

What I did not like was the fact that they ended it with Alex staying in LA, with the joint task force with Alex in charge. Carter should have been in charge, not Alex. It is clear to me that she will have no idea how to handle Dean and the others...

It was nice to see the Jaimie/Dean storline continued. I personally love the two of them and their relationship, though I have a feeling that it will become more complicated this season as we progress.

A strong start to the season, looking forward to more episodes.
  • I wasn't sure at the beginning but it got interesting

Last season I had trouble following each episodes' plots, and I thought I was going to have the same problem this time but after a few minutes I became interested as to how Carter and the team were going to come up with a plan to bust Carter's friend's killer and if the new addition, Alex Rice, was going to let them give a twist in her investigation.

Seems like Jaimie and Dean are still in the same routine, getting together and separating at will. Sometimes I believe they will mess up and expose their cover but then you realized all that is planned ahead.

It was nice to see Tricia Helfer, let's see how her character develops.