Dark Shadows Forums

ABC (ended 1971)

Barnabas the romantic

archangelwho

[1]Dec 9, 2012
    • level: 18

From my childhood the one thing I remembered about Barnabas was that you really did not want to get on his bad side, not that being on his good side was a great place to be either. Now that I have watch some of season 1 on Netflix I see the romantic side of Barnabas. S1 E5 really shows his romantic side. I'm seeing Barnabas is a new light. This does not mean I would be asking him over to meet the family but from far off it is nice when you find a new part of a character you have been a fan of for so many years.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wildhoney66

[2]Dec 16, 2012
    • level: 13

i dunno why people consider this show to have any kind of seasons to be honest, cause it was on all year around. so this was one show i don't think of having any seasons at all. and yes he can be a romantic but he also started out as a villian as well. so when they turned him into the hero which i prefer honestly. but i have nothing against him being the villian either. anyways when he's the good guy it's nice to see him fight for the family instead of trying to kill it like originaly tried to.

i love it when he involved the whole family on his plans later on during the shows run. when before that they had no idea what he was or what kind of guy he truly was.

archangelwho

[3]Dec 18, 2012

Yes, but there is something extra when a villian has a romantic side. He/she may take you out but they care. Not like the hateful villians who take you out just to be mean.

wildhoney66

[4]Jan 16, 2013

oh it doesn't bother me if we get vilians who care. i always like to find out why people do the things they do. people obess about that in real life. and there's NOT always an answer. but in entertainment there's 9 times out of time a possible answer. or it could be just the simple fact that's how they were born. anyways it's interesting don't you think?

GraysonHoffman

[5]Jan 29, 2013
    • level: 1
    Poor Barnabas...such a gentleman...well, most of the time. I always hated it that he never got his true love.

wildhoney66

[6]Jun 29, 2013

i agree, and though i was glad he did get over Josette at some point, he went to Roxanne Drew who i don't think was that great of a looking woman anyways. she wasn't ugly or anything but not that great looking of a woman. and not that great of an actress either. at least in the film,

which i watched recently, i went with very low expecations and was able to push aside my love for the show, i enjoyed it. the parts that really stood out was the start and the end. the drama stuff kicked ass. where you can tell it would be like the show. the comedy was a WTF though.

some of it was funny and some of it wasn't. but i loved the ending. did they need to do that with Carolyn that would be a HELL NO! but leaving that out the tone of that ending i loved. and how he did get his love at the end i also loved.

archangelwho

[7]Jul 14, 2013

All said and done, and there was a lot said and done by him, he was afamily man and loved his family and its history.

wildhoney66

[8]Jul 14, 2013

yes he was and i was hoping you'd follow me on here man. he he. i'm currently in Volume #5 dvd set that is episode #389 i'm about to start. and it's oh about almost 30 episodes in the 1795 era of the show. anyways, yes he did love his family and it's also why he didn't Kill carolyn when he bit her too. and why he i think allowed Julia to talk him out of Killing David when he found out what he was. and did look for other ways to

get rid of him, well other than killing him of course. back when he was still evil.