Dark Shadows Forums

ABC (ended 1971)

how many people in the house?

skippercollecto

[1]Dec 17, 2010
    • level: 15

Just how many people live in Collinwood at any one time? I am watching the 1970 episodes and this is what I've come up with:

Elizabeth Stoddard

Her niece Carolyn Hawkes

Her nephew David Collins (Carolyn's brother)

Her "cousin" Quentin Collins

(Did anyone ever question just how Barnabas and Quentin were related to the rest of the family?)

David's governess/nanny/au pair Maggie Evans, who replaced Victoria Winters in the job

Julia Hoffman, a physician who just showed up one day and never left

Hallie Stokes, Elliott's niece (did Elliott ever live in the house?)

Mrs. Johnson, the housekeeper (you couldn't pay me enough to live in that house!)

Assorted ghosts (in these episodes it's Gerard, Daphne, Letitia, Tad and Carrie)

Elizabeth's "cousin" Barnabas lives in the "old house" but seems to be at Collinwood all of the time.

In previous episodes there were Victoria, Elizabeth's brother Roger (whatever happened to him?), numerous other relatives past and present, and numerous ghosts, witches, vampires, werewolves, etc.

On two related notes:

How big is the house? By that I mean the real house--how many rooms does it have?

Don't these people ever go to bed?! All of them seem to be up all night all the time! No wonder they see the undead on a regular basis!

Edited on 12/17/2010 12:27pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wildhoney66

[2]Jul 2, 2011
    • level: 13

1stly they say it has 40 rooms at various times in the show, 2ndly the actual seaview i just read yesterday has apparently 65 rooms.

David is NOT "Carolyn's" Brother 'Roger" is his father & Liz is his sister, if they slept together than yeah i can see that, but that's one thing this show NEVER did was to include incest. today it may include that but back than it didn't. & "Mrs. Johnson" started out as a spy actually for "Burke"

than that feud ended & she stayed on. that's how she got there. but than she stopped being on the show at some point. & by (1970) i don't think she was on it that much. cept for when they went to the future of (1995) that's about it. i think? she was on the show mostly during the 60's.

wildhoney66

[3]Jul 2, 2011
    • level: 13

also no they seem to NEVER go to bed. David does though most of the time. & are you a new fan to the show? cause you got some of this all wrong. i am always amazed though on how many episodes take place in just one nite. it NEVER says the actual time. &

though sometimes they DO go to bed, but than when does "WIllie" sleep? back when "barnabas" was a vampire. & it is odd that everyone else cept maybe "David" seems to sleep at a certain time, though it doesn't say what time that much, & than we see them up & about already have eaten breakfast early the next morning! which is implied. i always got a kick out of that as well.