Darkwing Duck

Clash Reunion

Aired Weekdays 3:30 PM Nov 14, 1992 on ABC

• How about this? The origin of Darkwing Duck AND Megavolt.

This is one of the most interesting episodes that shows what we all have been waiting for: The origin of Darkwing Duck, and as if that wasn't enough we also get to know the origin of Megavolt. Apparently Darkwing and Megavolt went in the same class at school and now there is a reunion. The first half of this episode is basically a flashback sequence in which we see that Elmo Sputterspark(Formerly known as Dim Bulb)is bullied one day after school while experimenting on static electricity. He gets charged with static electricity and discovers that he now has the ability to manipulate electricity. At the high school prom he attacks his classmates and Drake "The Dweeb" Mallard dresses up to seem frightening and comes up with the name "Darkwing Duck" and rushes to save his class. Naturally Megavolt poses no match for Darkwing. A Leap in time follows and Darkwing must once again fight Megavolt at the reunion, everything goes allright until Megavolt tares his mask off. This is a great twist where Megavolt and two of their classmates who bullied them both sees that Drake Mallard is Darkwing. They all start laughing and Darkwing loses his confidence and also the fight. Megavolt captures Launcpad, Gosalyn and the two classmates and is going to fry them in an enormous light bulb. Can Darkwing regain his confidence and rescue them? Sorry, i couldn't stop writing about this fantastic episode that has everything you could expect from a DW episode: Great Comedy and action. A lot of interesting facts are revealed, like Megavolts prefered name "Megawatt".

Megavolt:I am Megawatt.
    Band:Hey, that's our name man!
    Megavolt:Oh, Sorry. In that case i am Mega...volt.