Darkwing Duck

Darkly Dawns the Duck (1)

Aired Weekdays 3:30 PM Sep 08, 1991 on ABC

• The beginning of Darkwing duck.

Not only is this the beginning of darkwing duck, but it is also what the introduction for one of my favorite villains Taurus Bulba! I like most about the pilot episode is a doesn't start in the middle like some cartoons do, and you're left wondering things. Here we learn how Launchpad came to be sidekick, how Gosalyn meet Darkwing, and a few other things. I don't even mind the cliffhanger, which I normally hate because they are either too suspenseful and I can't wait to see what happen (which really is not like a technical thing wrong I just have little patience) or they're just done horribly. Here however the cliffhanger suspense full but not too much they'll drive me crazy. In all it's absolutely fantastic.
  • The beginning of a great Disney series.

Darkwing Duck is a crime fighter who fights criminals with gadgets and his fighting skills. He seeks glory and fame. He's kinda modeled after Batman in a loose way. He is watching for crime in the city one evening when he spots a condor carrying a suitcase and he follows it to find out why. He soon gets on board a train where the goons of the notorious criminal Taurus Bulba are hijacking a powerful weapon called the Ramrod. Darkwing easily beats two of the henchmen, Hoof and Mouth, but is knocked away by the third one, Hammerhead. In the process of...
  • Darkwing Duck, little known crimefighter, dreams of going up against real villians to become famous. He gets his chance when he finds villians stealing a powerful device, but ends up with a sidekick and little girl as well.

This pilot episode has everything that makes Darkwing Duck a great show: memorable characters, witty dialogue, and funny, but still engaging action. Not only is this one of the greatest episode in terms of animation, but it does a wonderful job setting up our love for the heroes as well. From the very beginning this show is unique, in that most heroes are shown as flawless, whereas Darkwing struggles with "an ego the size of a small planet." Everything about this episode, from Darkwing saving Gosalyn from kidnapping to his obstacle course breakfast, keeps the viewers entertained. There are few episodes that measure up to this one.