Darkwing Duck

Dry Hard

Aired Weekdays 3:30 PM Oct 28, 1991 on ABC

• the origins of The Liquidator are revealed.

St. Canard is experiencing a terrible heatwave. Drake rigs up a sprinkler system in his yard and Herb comes over to tell him that he is missing a part. Drake doesn't listen to him and turns on the system with funny results. Drake goes in the house to ask Launchpad about the missing part when they see an interview with a salesman named Bud Flud. The reporter mentions something being suspicious about how all the water in town is starting to develop a bad taste and Drake decides that it's time for Darkwing Duck to investigate. Darkwing and Launchpad find Bud at the factory of a competitor and...
  • A heatwave in St.Canard is making life difficult for Darkwing. Not only must he fix the sprinkler system, but he must also fight a new villain who calls himself The Master of all Liquids: The Liquidator.

This was the single most anticipated episode for me, so I was thrilled to see the words "Dry" and "Hard" after the awesome introduction. First I got striked with fear when I saw that the animation was just the same as they used in "Water Way to Go". Luckily it was not that disasterous, so I chose to just ignore it. I had never before seen Bud Flood before the accident so that was the best thing about this episode. Liquidator proves that he doesn't need the rest of the fearsome five to handle Darkwing Duck and he seems relly unstoppable at times. Some strange animation is very noticable at the end, but you can't really hate this episode for that. After all, it shows the origin of Liquidator.