Darkwing Duck Forums

ABC (ended 1992)

Batman Batgirl Robin & Nightwing (Batman.TAS) vs Darkwing Duck

Yautja99

[1]Oct 26, 2005
    • level: 2
    The Gotham heroes will win this battle.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

janey_27

[2]Oct 27, 2005
    • level: 16
    You would think so, at face value. But I disagree! In their universe, the DC heros tend to not do too well after a 100 ft drop, etc, yet DW has withstood fairly hefty falls and beating, and bounced back into shape quite rapidly. Plus, Batman would never be able to outthink him (mainly because DW often makes it up as he goes along, but it works, dammit!)

I take it since Batman gets his two sidekicks, that Gosalyn and Launchpad get to be involved? Three against one is no fair fight after all. Gosalyn would be able to whup Robin or Batgirl easily, using her sports skills (hocky, football, etc), her quick thinking, and her gift for using her childish troublemaking ability to kick some badguy ass! That would leave the other for Launchpad, who would be able to beat the puny boy wonder up (but only enough to incapacitate him for the fight, since Launchpad is a nice guy), or attempt to sweet talk Batgirl (let's face it, he's a ladies man at heart). Whether either of these methods are effective or not, he would certainly keep them busy until DW had time to dispatch Batman, and come clean up the remaining trash! Launchpad could also fly the thunderquack to aid DW in getting up or down from any lofty heights the fight may take them to.

Meanwhile, Batman believes he has DW cornered, but that was just a clever decoy. DW appears out of the blacknees, the terror that flaps in the night. He and Batman exchange a few witty one-liners and have at it! It starts off a close run thing, but upon discovering he is not match for Batman's brute strength, Darkwing applies new strategy. He lures Batman to the bakery, using himself as bate, and pushes him into a suspiciously big cake, transporting them both to the Negaverse. Negabatman is there, and begins to kick Batmans ass, and while they are busy DW slips back to regular universe, closes the portal and leaves Batman there, while he rushed to help his comrads!!

Alternativly, DW would defeat Batman using some weird and wonderful invention of one of his arch nemises, but use it in an original way (eg, redirect one of Megavolt's power cables to electrocute Batman.) There are so many possible ays the fight could go!!

Basically, Batman always wins in his 'verse by being strong and the best fighter. While DW is great, he often faces foes who are of much greater strenght, and sometimes intelligence, than him, and so relies on his wit and intuition. He could take anyone!!

Was that too longwinded? Sorry. You were probably expecting a 'No way! DW would kick their ass!' response. Lets face it though, I'm a big geek and DW fan!! DW would have to win!!

viewer876

[3]Oct 27, 2005
    • level: 14
    If Darkwing can win a battle with Megavolt, he can win a battle with Batman. That's what I think.

janey_27

[4]Oct 29, 2005
    Hear hear! (or should that be 'here here'?)

system_max2

[5]Nov 1, 2005
    • level: 7
    lol, and nice response janey27, I agree, dw could be shot with a batarang or one of batman's other gadgets, but he'd still break free.

Comickook

[6]Nov 3, 2005
    • level: 9
    Yeah, I'd have to say it wouldn't be an easy match for either side. True, Batman's smarter, more skilled and more disciplined than DW (Not to insult the duck at all; just being honest), but DW's got the laws of classic style cartoon physics on his side and could probably take whatever Batman can dish out. This would be unless, of course, Batman got really tired of playing games with Darkwing and just broke out "'the Dip'" (see "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" for details). I mean, it wouldn't be too hard for Batman to research his opponents AND get the materials he'd need to make the stuff Still, Batman's not a killer, so he'd probably only use "'Dip'" as a last resort (like that Kryptonite he carries in case Superman ever turns rogue). Also, Batman and DW would eventually get it through their heads that they were on the same side and the fight would end in a draw.

Now, how about:

Ra's al Ghul vs. Taurus Bulba (pre-Steerminator)

the Joker vs. Quackerjack

Poison Ivy vs. Bushroot

Clayface vs. Camille the Chameleon

Scarecrow vs. Negaduck

Bane vs. Megavolt

Clock King vs. Steelbeak

Mister Freeze vs. Liquidator

Mad Hatter vs. Splatter Phoenix

Penguin vs. Tuskernini

Killer Croc vs. Moliarty

Harley Quinn vs. Ammonia Pine

janey_27

[7]Nov 3, 2005
    I'm bolding who I think would win.

Ra's al Ghul vs. Taurus Bulba (pre-Steerminator) - draw, they'd kill each other. But then Bulba would come back as Steerminator

the Joker vs. Quackerjack - draw(they appreciate the novelty of one anothers tricks and join forces)

Poison Ivy vs. Bushroot

Clayface vs. Camille the Chameleon - love!

Scarecrow vs. Negaduck

Bane vs. Megavolt

Clock King vs. Steelbeak

Mister Freeze vs. Liquidator - a bit of an unfair fight

Mad Hatter vs. Splatter Phoenix - draw

Penguin vs. Tuskernini - draw

Killer Croc vs. Moliarty - don't know killer croc

Hmmm, I'm a tad DW biased, methinks!

Comickook

[8]Nov 3, 2005
    Good picks, Janey.

janey_27 wrote:
    I'm bolding who I think would win.

Ra's al Ghul vs. Taurus Bulba (pre-Steerminator) - draw, they'd kill each other. But then Bulba would come back as Steerminator

Yeah, and Ra's would probably come back too. He almost always does.

the Joker vs. Quackerjack - draw(they appreciate the novelty of one anothers tricks and join forces)

That's a good point.

Poison Ivy vs. Bushroot-

Probably, but Bushroot could probably excercise a bit more control over the plants (because the plants he controls aren't strictly bound by the laws of physics, so Bushy could still give Ivy a good fight.

Clayface vs. Camille the Chameleon - love!

Scarecrow vs. Negaduck

Okay, admittedly that one was an easy one, but I already used the Joker and Scarecrow seems to like scare tactics just as much as Negs does.

Bane vs. Megavolt

Yeah, Megs would give Bane the juice all right... just not the juice Bane is used to.

Clock King vs. Steelbeak

Don't underestimate Temple Fugit. He'd probably do his research on Steelbeak before the fight and get a good gauge of the rooster's speed and skills before engaging him. Steelbeak might still win it, but Clock King wouldn't make it easy.

Mister Freeze vs. Liquidator - a bit of an unfair fight.
    Good point, but it was either Liquidator, Beezlebub or Isis Vanderchill and I went with the most popular of the three.

Mad Hatter vs. Splatter Phoenix - draw yeah. Hatter's mind controlled zombies and Splatter's paint creations probably WOULD stalemate each other

Penguin vs. Tuskernini - draw Yeah, Pengy and Tusky would probably have enough respect for each other's styles to agree to work together

Killer Croc vs. Moliarty - don't know Killer Croc.

Fair enough. Killer Croc is a half-man, half-reptile with considerable strength and a reasonably tough hide. He also likes to hang out in sewers. Not too bright, but his muscle and agression most definitely makes him still pretty dangerous. As for Moliarty, it was either him or Jumbyla Jake's alligator aide Gumbo, and Jake and Gumbo are among the LEAST popular of DW's rogues.

Yeah, they're both pretty nutso, but Harley is a little more bound by the laws of physics.

Hmmm, I'm a tad DW biased, methinks!

Yeah, I can understand that.

janey_27

[9]Nov 3, 2005
    So who do you think would win, then?

Comickook

[10]Nov 3, 2005
    Well, Janey, I admitted to agreeing with you on just about all of them. I just provided my reasoning; sandwiched within the quotes; either for using the character or why the opponent might at least put up a good fight.

janey_27

[11]Nov 3, 2005
    Oops. Sorry. Gimme a break - it's 2am here!! :LOL:

janey_27

[12]Nov 3, 2005
    OK, having reviewed my earlier oversight, I agree with much of your reasoning (I like Jumbolia Jake! lol), but I reckon that Steelbeak has the backing of FOWL behind him (not to mention a snazzy wardrobe), and Bushroot is, lets face it, a bit of a mess when it comes to members of the opposite sex, so Ivy would clearly be able to charm him into letting his guard down.

SharanMcQuack

[13]Nov 5, 2005
    • level: 11
    Stupid question: They are both good guys- why are they fighting in the first place?

janey_27

[14]Nov 5, 2005
    He said why - charity match!

TvTome_systemax

[15]Nov 11, 2005
    • level: 4
    where, i don't remember reading that anywhere

janey_27

[16]Nov 12, 2005
    Was that another topic? Oh well, sorry. Must have imagined it. lol

I must reittereate - 2am!

OK then, it was probably a charity match!

Sorry!!!

TvTome_systemax

[17]Nov 12, 2005
    I am a level 2 on my newest acount because the strictest mod ever banned me for saying stuff like "I don't like this character" and said I was flaming the show!

janey_27

[18]Nov 13, 2005
    Well, you're fairly making up time on your posts! Well done!

Welcome back (again!)

-systemax-

[19]Nov 13, 2005
    Again again, and I was on lvl 4 on my latest account, its a shame i had to make this one.

egarevlis

[20]Dec 12, 2005
    • level: 2
    I still say Batman Batgirl Robin & Nightwing would win.