Darkwing Duck Forums

ABC (ended 1992)

Darkwing Duck

firetoon12

[1]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 14

hi this is my first time here about this show. i know it air on abc and other channel and disney channel to 1990 to 1999 was the best disney channel tv iin the history. so my question is why do u like this so much is it like ducktales or anything please. i want to get into this great show.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

firetoon12

[2]Nov 19, 2007

hi everyone i want the bought the duckwings on dvd and i want to know more about the show

jessmpro33

[3]Dec 17, 2007

hi! welcome!

well its good that you got the DVDs and to answer a few questions not this show isn't like ducktales you'll see launch pad and gizmoduck *gizmoduck a couple of times i think and you never see gizmoduck out of the costume* but you wont see any of the characters from ducktales here...

during the 90s a few episodes were released to vhs but not many i think they only made like 9 different tapes...

stitch069917

[4]May 15, 2008
    • level: 76
    Darkwing Duck was my favorite of the Disney TV cartoons.

Darkwing_Raptor

[5]May 20, 2008
    • level: 2

Well, Darkwing`s basically Disney`s version of Batman

he`s a wacky Superhero that protects a city on and island in a bay called Audobon Bay. the city`s called Saint Canard .

Actualy Gizmoduck did show out of costume a little in one episode called 'Tiff of the titans' lol

very funny ep. yeah check it out! it`s a great cartoon! lots of duck humar, and paradies!

hope yah enjoy!

duality_236

[6]Jun 21, 2008
    • level: 8
    Darkwing Duck was great

soundmonkey44

[7]Jul 1, 2008
    • level: 6
    ....Let's get dangerous, ha i love the theme song to this disny used to make such good animated shows I like all of the 90's ones & about 2 0r 3 of the y2k+ ones

ok Darkwing duck 8/10 great series, just didn't care much for darkwings voice
    Ducktales 10/10 my fav 90's disney toon.
    Goof troop 8/10 good solid family fun, but honestly it tried to hard to be a sitcom at times
    Gargoyles 10/10....perfection
    Bonkers 7/10 funny, but at the same time not funny
    Buzz lightyear of star command 6/10 a decent show
    Hercules 7/10 great but coulda used more action
    Aladden 8/10 a tv adaption of a movie done right
    Legend of Tarzan 8/10 great series
    Amarican dragon 7/10 good concept just not on par compared to gargoyles
    Lilo & stitch 9/10 could a been a ten if disney hadn't made the stupid crossover eps & been cheap on the animation.

& finally Emperoers new school 8/10....no comment

ChibiMaddiChan

[8]Jan 6, 2009
    • level: 9

Other than Aladdin, it's my favorite Disney show from that era--meh, screw it. It's my favorite period. I ended up liking the show because it was funny and I liked most of the villains--some of the best Disney's ever had. There wasn't a main villain (well, maybe Tuskerwhatever, if he counts) that I didn't like. Some of the storylines could be dark at times, which was another reason why I liked it. That and Darkwing Duck is just a great hero in the sense that he's actually got some serious faults. Which usually result in humor.

And isn't/wasn't F.O.W.L. from Duck Tales too? Or did the group originate from DWD and they just showed up in Duck Tales at one point? I can't remember, I have seen DT in a LONG time.

stitch069917

[9]Jan 7, 2009
    ChibiMaddiChan wrote:

Other than Aladdin, it's my favorite Disney show from that era--meh, screw it. It's my favorite period. I ended up liking the show because it was funny and I liked most of the villains--some of the best Disney's ever had. There wasn't a main villain (well, maybe Tuskerwhatever, if he counts) that I didn't like. Some of the storylines could be dark at times, which was another reason why I liked it. That and Darkwing Duck is just a great hero in the sense that he's actually got some serious faults. Which usually result in humor.

And isn't/wasn't F.O.W.L. from Duck Tales too? Or did the group originate from DWD and they just showed up in Duck Tales at one point? I can't remember, I have seen DT in a LONG time.

I don't remember F.O.W.L. being in Ducktales, but like you, it's been a looooooong time since I've seen that show. Darkwing Duck is definately my favorite of the Disney shows with Lilo & Stitch running a close second and Aladdin and Talespin right there behind them. I loved most all the villains in the series with the exception of Icy Vanderchill.

Shadegriver

[10]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 4

Well Disney XD will continue Toon Disney's Legasy of giving Darkwing Duck fans the Finger and Classic Disney Cartoon fans the finger as well. the new Lineup has beeen Affirmed on A board I went to An the Only Classic Disney cartoon on Disney is 1 (an it is not A fav of mine,no offence meant to any fan of GaRS) an it's not Darkwing Duck. I can only hope this Hate OF Disney no wanting Air Darkwing Duck comes to an end soon.

But their is A Bright Side to this,now that Disney XD is gone they Could return Darkwing Duck and Talespin,Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers,Ducktales,Gummi Bears. to sydication on Cable as I have been noticing latelly Stations like WGN and Tbs,Abc Family have been airing Cartoons latelly in Movie form or Series. so you never know. here Hoping and i'll be Praying it happens as usual.

If you want to be my friend/penpal and talk Darkwing Duck ect. anytime then let me know here,or just E-mail me at Auczorakja@yahoo.com or PM me.

stitch069917

[11]Jan 17, 2009
    Hopefully they will start showing Darkwing Duck on Toon Disney or another channel.