Darkwing Duck Forums

ABC (ended 1992)

Which One Should I Get?

Which Volume Should I Get?

zillaman23

[1]Aug 30, 2007
    • level: 13
    I'm getting ready for my birthday and I got my birthday list filled out. I just need one more item, but I can't chose between, Darkwing Duck Vol. 1, and Darkwing Duck Vol. 2. Here's to help you decide

1. I haven't seen the show in like forever so I've preaty much have forgotten some of the things that go on.
    2. I like a lot of episodes with the villians of The Fearsome Five (Espeacially, Negaduck and Megavolt)
    3. I like some episodes with the funniest humor.

So which one should I get between the two? Help me out.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tone-master21

[2]Aug 30, 2007
    • level: 40
    I would say go with Volume 2.

NoOneFanilow

[3]Aug 30, 2007
    • level: 7
    volume one because it has the pilot and just us justice ducks.

Darkwing_Raptor

[4]Aug 30, 2007
    • level: 2
    I`d say start with Vol. 1, but I`d personally pic vol. 2 simply because there`s a lot cooler episodes on it! but since you`ll need a refresher, start with vol. 1.

zillaman23

[5]Aug 31, 2007
    Wow! You guys are making it hard for me. Also, I also like Steelbeak.

tone-master21

[6]Aug 31, 2007
    • level: 40
    If you also like Steelbeak then I say then go with Volume 1, but you can't go wrong with either Volume. As NoOneFanilow said they are both $20 at Best Buy.

SharanMcQuack

[7]Sep 2, 2007
    • level: 11
    Why not get BOTH? You can probably get volume one used on e-bay or something.

NoOneFanilow

[8]Sep 3, 2007
    I agree get both. However they are not 20 bucks now only when they were on sale. Now they are 25 bucks as far as I know.

zillaman23

[9]Sep 5, 2007
    Okay, I'll try to get both.
    But how many good episodes are on Volume 1? I don't want to waste my money if there is only 4 good episodes.

NoOneFanilow

[10]Sep 5, 2007
    there are many good eps, but my two favs are just us justice ducks and the pilot darkwly dawns the duck. the dvd is worth it for those two alone.

Darkwing_Raptor

[11]Sep 5, 2007

I don`t know if this will help you decide or not, but here`s a quick run down!

Vol. 1

Darkly Dawns the Duck : series pilot episode. Where darkwing first meets Launchpad, and Gozalyn. Also explains how he became her father! (great ep!)

Beauty and the Beet; Bushroot`s origin story

Getting Ansty: Darkwing and Launch Pad investigate a series of building disappearences. DW gets shrunk to the size of an insect

Night of the living spud: Darkwing tells a campfire story to a group of kids about a vampire potatoe.

Apes of Wrath: Darkwing, Launchpad, and Gozalyn go to a remote jungle island looking for a missing anthropologist. (Funny! Darkwing getts clobbered by coconuts, and harrased by gorillas)

Dirty Money: Amonia Pine kidnaps the head of S.H.U.S.H. Meanwhile Cheif Agent Grizlycoff`s in charge (who hates Darkwing with a passion).

Duck Blinde: Darkwing goes blinde after Megavolt lights up all the lights in a lighting display in St Canard`s mall.

Comic Book Capers: Darkwing reads a comic book writen by the Awesome Comic Books Co. He hates it! So He proceeds to write his own! (on a typewriter! RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT like that`s realy possible), But everyone keeps interferring! and writes their own part in it!

Water Way to Go: FOWL keeps killing S.H.U.S.H. agents, and Darkwing`s their only hope! So DW, and LP go to Oil Arabia, only to discover Steelbeak wants to steal all the oil for himself, by turning the desert into an ocean. (Poor animation, character movments very choppy)

Easy Comes Easy Grows: Bushroot makes his own Money trees! darkwing and his friends get in a heap of trouble when the money actualy comes to life, steeling safes, and breaking out of vaults.

A Revolution in Home Appliances: megavolt turns a TV, Fridge, Salon Hair Dryer, and Honker`s Guitar to life. as a result, the appliances want to take over the world.

Trading Faces: Darkwing and Gozalyn switch bodies, and Honker, and Launchpad Switch bodies. Steelbeak stopped the rotation of the Earch using a rocket, and darkwing and friends need to stop him, even though they aren`t in their own bodies.

Hush, hush Sweet charlaton: Darkwing Must investigate a case of a Phantom killing off actors, at a recording studio, only to discover, that Tuskernini wants to studio because it sits over oil enriched land.

Can`t Bayou Love: A dog names Jumbolia Jack, and his pet alligatar, Are reaking havoc, steeling money, then dissapearing into the sewers of St. Canard. J. Jack kidnaps LP, and Darkwing must recue him while Jack tries killing him.

Bearskin thug: it`s camping season! drake takes Gozalyn, unwilling camping, only to be forced to camp out with the Muddlefoots. Meanwhile Steelbeak drills out trees, and plants Nukes inside them.

you sweat yoour Life: an old dog, seeks the fountain of youth! Well he makes one for himself! only one ingrediants missing! the single solitary feather from a trure hero. Darkwing, forced to spend the weekend, at an excersize place with Herb and Binkie muddlefoot, only to find out the place is owned by the very person who wants his feather, just to gain immortality.

Days of Blunder: Quackerjack sends Darkwing into a career crisis. He gets brainwashed into thinking he`s no longer good as a superhero.

Just Us Justice Ducks: (Awesome Ep! One of my Faves!) the Fearsome Five plan to take over St. Canard. Darkwing must put his ego aside, and work as a team to defeat them!

Double Darkwings: Jumbolia Jack is back! he seeks revenge on Darkwing, and goes to his Grandma`s to get a hex, to gain complete control of DW, only to accidently hex poor LP. But he still manages to ruin DW`s good guy reputation.

Aduckaphobia: (Cheap Spiderman Parady) Darkwing gets bit by a radioaction spider, and grows 4 extra arms! only they have a mind of their own!

When Aliens Collide: A little purple alien named Wacko, escapes police, and crash lands on Earth, befriending Gozalyn, and Honker. One the police officer catches up with him, the true criminal comes out! Wacko is realy a convicted felon, who wants total domination, even risking other`s lives in the process.

Jurassic Jumble: Stegmutt`s origin. A deranged Pteranodon, seeks world domination, by turning everyone into dinosaurs. Darkwing himself gets turned into Godzilla.

Cleanliness is Next to Badliness: Steelbeak, must team up with Amonia Pine, to rob some banks for FOWL. Meanwhile, Gozalyn starts up a Darkwing Duck fan club.

Smater than a Speeding Bullet: A human likie alien, comes to Earth by mistake, looking to be trained to become a true Super Hero, but stumbles in on Darkwing trying to stop Steelbeak from stealing rubber. He wants to make a giant rubber ball, to destroy the city. Meanwhile, Darkwing must juggle between training, and crimfighting.

Darkwing_Raptor

[12]Sep 6, 2007

Here`s a run down of Volume 2

all`s Fahrenheit in Love and War: darkwing wants to go on vaction, but his plans are interupted by a series of Gold thefts, in the city`s banks. He soon finds out that a swarm of fire flies are melting the gold, for a Duck who wants to cover the city in gold, to block out all cold.

Whiffle While you Work: Darkwing joins a video game contest against Gozalyn, only to be sucking into the game with Quackerjack! Litterally!

Ghoul of My Dreams: Morgana`s stealing from the citazens, while they sleep, by using sleep powder, from a goblin like creature. Darkwing, who`s in love, must struggle between love, and duty, to stop her from robbing the city blind!

Adopt a Con: Fed up with the Muddlefoots, Drake accidently signs aa Adopt A Con contract, only to discover the con it Tuskernini, whiom he just threw in jail, the night before! But while in Drakes house, Tuckernini, dresses up as other villians, to steal money. darkwing must prove to the judge that Tuskernini is guilty, before He winds up in jail, on account of framing Tusker.

Toys Czar Us: Darkwing tries to be the perfect parent only to put his daughter, and several other kids in risk. Quackerjack starts up a toy factory in the sewers.

The Secret Origins of Darkwing Duck (Worst ep ever made. cheap Superman origin rip off)

Up, Up, and Awry: Darkwing, and Launchpad, must investigate a series of race horse disappearences, only to end up having to team up with Gizmoduck, to stop Megavolt, from making a giant super magnet.

Life, the Negaverse, and Everything: the Fearsome four throw Darkwing into Negaduck`s world, the Negaverse! Here Goazlyn is sweet, not bratty, Tank, is Polite, not rude, Honker`s evil, not a friendly nerd, Launchpad`s evily, insane, and the Fearsome four are really the Friendly Four!

Dry Hard: The origin story of the Liquidator!

Heavy Mental: FOWL ants world domination As Always, Launchpad gains psychic powers, and must learn how to use them, to rescue Darkwing from FOWL before it`s too loate.

Disguise the limit: Negaduck dresses as Darkwing, commiting a series of crimes to fram him. Darkwing must prove his innocence, but in the meantime, SHUSH creates a ray gun that makes him turn into anyone, or anything he looks at.

Planet of the Capes: comet Guy is back! (From smarter than a Speeding Bullet) he needs Darkwing to fill in as an ordinary guy, while the original is missing. Comet Guy comes from a planet consisting of only Superheros, and Ordinalry Guy was the only thing keeping the Heros busy.

Darkwing Doubloon: the Fearsome Five, and the Justice Ducks as Pirates. (Not one of te better eps, but not the worst)

It`s a Wonderfull Leaf: Bushroot plays the grinch. Ordering all Christmas trees to steal presents from everyone.

Twitching Channels: Darkwing, and Megavolt get sucking into the Human world! darkwing finds out he`s famous, but is dissapointed to see the artists draw his beak too big! (like it isn`t big?)

Dances with bigfoot: Darkwing gets kidnapped by a tride of primatives, who believe he`s a god! gozalyn, and Honker must hurry to rescue him before he is sacraficed to the local Volcano! (Mount Saint Helen`s obviously)

twin Beaks: Evil Space cabbages seek to dominate Earst! It`s up the DW, LP, Goz, Honker, and Even Bushroot to stop them! (drug induced ep)

The incredible Bulk: Bushroot creates a fertilzer that give plants extra strength, and growth! Darkwing, not thinking drinks some, and the side effects are hillarious!

My Valentine Ghoul: Negaduck steals diamonds, and puts them into heart shaped chocolates. He also wants Morgana to fall back into a life of crime. darkwing and Morgana have a stormy relationship, but Negs just adds to the stress. gozalyn makes a love postion, but it keeps back firing!

Dead Duck: Darkwing chased Megavolt down an ally, but crashed head first into a brick wall. While trying to avoid Death, Darkwing must try to prove himself he`s still alive, only to wake up, and find out it was all a bad dream! Or was it?

A Duck by any Other Name: While training Lp to be a decoy, the press catches Launchpad taking off his mask, and spreads word all over, that Lp is Darkwing Duck! meanwhile, Tuskernini, wants Darkwing out of the picture! thinking Launchpad`s really Darkwing Duck.

Let`s get Respectible: Everyone in St. Canard doesn`t like darkwing`s image. it scares the kids, the police hate his hat, and the seniors think him rude (well he is rude!) Gozayln, Honker, and Launchpad take a poll, and create his new image! (Yuck! I think his original was getter! He seems almost gay in the ep! )

In Like Blunt: (Cheap James Bond rip off) Darkwing must team up with his fave detective, Derek Blunt. A Bald Eagle, that is like a james bond character. (Lots of Ducktales paradies to watch out for!)

Quack of ages: Darkwing must go back in time, and stop Quackerjack from preventing the invention of the yoyo.

time and Punishment: Gozalyn accidently gets caught going forward in time with Megavolt, and Quackerjack, only to discover that her disappearance from the present, send Darkwing into a nervous breakdown, causing him to become more evil than good

Stressed to Kill: Darkwing can`t figure out why everyone in the city, is so calm, and carefree, while they`re being robbed blind! He later finds out that Megavolt, and Quackerjack are running a Stress free Clinic, hypnotizing everyone. But he becomes a victom himself! (Very funny ep! can we say Psycho Duck?)

the Darkwing Squad: Darkwing gets to train SHUSH Agents his way! Only to have it backfire! (watch for deleted scene!)

Sorry if anything`s missing. Info wise. it`s been a while since I`ve watched a few eps.

zillaman23

[13]Sep 6, 2007
    Thanks for that!! Now I know I'm getting Vol. 2. Because they have all the episodes that I remember watching. Well, I guess I know what I want now.

NoOneFanilow

[14]Sep 6, 2007
    maybe you will get volume one as a holiday gift though. then you can have both.

zillaman23

[15]Sep 7, 2007
    Yeah, that's a thought.

So how many episodes with the members of The Fearsome Five are there on each Volume?
    Edited on 09/07/2007 2:01pm

NoOneFanilow

[16]Sep 7, 2007
    I think about just us justice ducks is the only one on volume one and a lot more eps of them on volume two.

Darkwing_Raptor

[17]Sep 7, 2007
    on Volume 1, only "Just us Justice Ducks" is the episode with The fearsome Five, but on Volume 2, there`s "Life, The Negaverse, and Everything", and "Darkwing Doubloon"! hope this helps! I`m kinda obsessed with DW, so I think the only thing I couldn`t tell you, is the airing dates, and episode numbers! heehee! Don`t mind me, I`m just a goof tonight! LOL!

NoOneFanilow

[18]Sep 8, 2007
    what is the ep when dw and negaduck transform into different things?

Darkwing_Raptor

[19]Sep 8, 2007

That one`s "Disguise the Limit"

It`s funny! Darkwing turns into anyone, or thing he looks at! Later, so does Negaduck!

zillaman23

[20]Sep 9, 2007
    I meant the episodes don't have to have all of the Fearsome Five together. I meant episodes with one or two of them alone. I see that Volume 2 also has a lot of Megavolt and Quackerjack episodes on it.