1. They make him look too DUMB.
2. He's a pilot and he ain't doing much flying.
3. He's more of a lover than a fighter.
4. The old "Adventures of Superman" did not refer to crimefighting as the "never ending battle" for nothing. Bad guys escape from jail, get released on technicalies, get replaced by new bad guys... Launchpad could keep this up forever and not get anywhere.
5. I'm sorry, but I don't like DW. I'm NOT stopping YOU from liking him, am I?
I'd rather see him work for a rescue heroes/Baywatch type group. And he doesn't have to be the leader, just a respected charter member.
Supervision: Nevilslep Nile and his wife Niomi. Neversleep: Radar, sonar and weather expert. Niomi: commucation expert (big black dogs).
Land: Avalance Alp and his wife, Adelwise. Avalance: medic and digging and caves expert. Adelwise: repairperson extronaire and ground vechicle expert.
(Saint Bernards. Him with a first aid kit around the neck instead of the cliche little barrel of booze.)
Air and Space: Launchpad and me, his wife Sharan. Launchpad: pilot and astronaut. Me, photographer/reporter/press agent to the group.
Water: Buck Diver and his wife Pearl. Diving and submarine experts. (ducks)
And of course, they'd go on a not-so-occasional treasure hunt, to fund their group's existance, and "cross swords" with Bad Guys whose antics are endangering lives...
Edited 3 total times.