Darkwing Duck Forums

ABC (ended 1992)

Why I DON'T want Launchpad working with DW:

SharanMcQuack

[41]May 8, 2008
    • level: 11

Fine by me. If they drop the 'Launchpad is a moron' bit in Ducktales 2, (just omit him from DW2! Have Benzeno Gasaleene from "Top Duck" take over!) they can bring back Pandamania for all I care!

(If I had things my way, I'd transfer Gos to Ducktales and let Webby be DW's sidekick just to get rid of her! And trade Ugly Twerp for Dr. Sara Bellum! And I KNOW there's no way Disney would go for that!)

Edited on 05/08/2008 12:57pm
    Edited 5 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Antiyonder

[42]May 18, 2008
    • level: 39
    Considering that he made less crashes in Darkwing Duck than in Ducktales, I don't see much stupidity in his appearances.

And for someone who doesn't believe in conspiracy theories, you sure take his appearance in Darkwing Duck personally.

I myself for instance found Marvel's handling of the Spider-Man storyline in the comics, but I don't make numerous and obsessive complaints because of that.

If you want to keep complaint about how the show raped LP's personality, keep it limited to this thread and maybe some blog posts and I'm sure the other posters here would let you rant without getting on your case about it.

SharanMcQuack

[43]May 19, 2008
    • level: 11

Antiyonder wrote:
    Considering that he made less crashes in Darkwing Duck than in Ducktales, I don't see much stupidity in his appearances

. What tv show where you watching, friend? The only reason Launchpad seldom crashed was he seldom flew the plane.

They seldom missed an opportunity to make Launchpad look stupid. Even when "portraying" him as "hero", they made him look moronic.

And for someone who doesn't believe in conspiracy theories, you sure take his appearance in Darkwing Duck personally.

Only because I believe Disney had a hit on their hands with Launchpad and did NOT take proper advantage of it and STILL refuse to, not out of any conspiracy, but simply because THEY did not want to.

They forgot THEY weren't the ones watching the show(Ducktales on at least in reruns practically consistently till 2000, DW on a LOT less long) or buying the comic book. (ONE 4 issue mini-series VS. TWO many issues Ducktales. This does NOT prove Ducktales was a LOT more popular than DW. Not if Disney refuses to admit that.)

I myself for instance found Marvel's handling of the Spider-Man storyline in the comics, but I don't make numerous and obsessive complaints because of that. If you want to keep complaint about how the show raped LP's personality, keep it limited to this thread and maybe some blog posts and I'm sure the other posters here would let you rant without getting on your case about it.

I'm just trying to help, friend. Disney could STILL try again. But only if they're willing to admit they goofed. And they're NOT willing to admit that.

I COULD be wrong. They COULD try it my way. They won't.

Edited on 05/19/2008 11:04am
    Edited 4 total times.

Antiyonder

[44]May 19, 2008
    • level: 39
    SharanMcQuack wrote:

Antiyonder wrote:
    Considering that he made less crashes in Darkwing Duck than in Ducktales, I don't see much stupidity in his appearances

. What tv show where you watching, friend? The only reason Launchpad seldom crashed was he seldom flew the plane.

They seldom missed an opportunity to make Launchpad look stupid. Even when "portraying" him as "hero", they made him look moronic.

Only because I believe Disney had a hit on their hands with Launchpad and did NOT take proper advantage of it and STILL refuse to, not out of any conspiracy, but simply because THEY did not want to.

They forgot THEY weren't the ones watching the show(Ducktales on at least in reruns practically consistently till 2000, DW on a LOT less long) or buying the comic book. (ONE 4 issue mini-series VS. TWO many issues Ducktales. This does NOT prove Ducktales was a LOT more popular than DW. Not if Disney refuses to admit that.)

I myself for instance found Marvel's handling of the Spider-Man storyline in the comics, but I don't make numerous and obsessive complaints because of that. If you want to keep complaint about how the show raped LP's personality, keep it limited to this thread and maybe some blog posts and I'm sure the other posters here would let you rant without getting on your case about it.

I'm just trying to help, friend. Disney could STILL try again. But only if they're willing to admit they goofed. And they're NOT willing to admit that.

I COULD be wrong. They COULD try it my way. They won't.

There's a right and wrong way to help. I mean if a person wants to help out a friend with getting job employment, would he recommend an appropriate job for his friend or rob a bank so said friend will be financially cover without a job.

Posting nonstop on multiple forums veers into the wrong way category. Now, if you feel the need to help, just keep your Launchpad/Disney posts restricted to one thread. If you do, I'm sure the other forum members wouldn't object.

Edited on 05/19/2008 11:33am
    Edited 2 total times.

Urvy1985

[45]May 28, 2008
    • level: 4
    I think Launchpad should join up with Kim Possible, that would be interesting.