Darkwing Duck

Life, the Negaverse, and Everything

Aired Weekdays 3:30 PM Oct 25, 1991 on ABC

• Crisis in the Negaverse

This is my third favorate episode of the show. This is sort of a parody on the DC comics mini series "Crisis on Infinate Earths".

I really loved seeing the alternate St.Canard and it looks like that alternate Hill Valley in "Back to the Future part 2" it's practically a war zone. Enviormental conditions have deteriorated, the war on crime has gotten out of control, and everyones sense of morality and hope has just about gone to extinction.

But what was the most interesting was seeing the alternate versions of the characters if they went a certain direction in life. From the Friendly Four it was strange but funny at the same time just seeing the villians play the superhero role and they actually do it well. Launchpad has became a tough biker that hates do gooders, it was just awesome seeing him actually use a RPG on Darkwing. And Honker has became a psycho.

But the most interesting of all was Goslyn, she looked so cute in that dress but most of all having a really sweet persona contrary to her feisty one. She still believed in good and exercised heroism but operates on a different wavelength, where the Goslyn in Darkwing's world is on full agression and recklessness the Goslyn in the nega world is based on passive agressive resistance taking action but looking before leaping. May not be the fastest way but it does get the job done all the same and as a saying goes sometimes where your slow you go fast.

But what really makes this episode stick out the most for me was near the end where Darkwing is faced with a dilema of returning to his world but leaving the Goslyn in the Negaverse behind and if he stays he'll leave the Goslyn in his world behind. I'll admit I found this emotional. One person can truely make a difference because they touch so many lives.