ABC (ended 1992)

Zanshinkyo

Darkwing Duck Fan Reviews (57)

• best cartoon and best story and best crime series

hi i am 21 and i watch Disney channel since 1993 and yeah i remember the time we need to order disney channel to watch for one year and that when the magic and that when i got in love with disney. i know the show but never had chance to watch because it air when i am in school and yeah i was 6 year old i watch goof troop and aladdin and mickey mouse and more and i still remember the line up for it. i miss all my shows so much. this show is amazing great cartoon and best crime and i will watch it over and over. i think they need to add more villeins in show. but still i love it. if they bring this show back on tv i will wake up like how i always wake up in morning when disney channel was full of magic. when i watch goof troop i sing with it and laugh so hard and eat breakfast. i am big disney fan. then i stop watch disney channel and toon disney for 2 years. when 2006 start i got directv in march 2006 and then i watch toon disney and disney channel then when sept 2006 hit i was searching threw my tivo and finding what new and back on tv and i found buzz and timon and mermaid on sept 6 yeah i was happy then so on search more and more i found goof troop back for one day and then other series to. then they brought goof back so good now i still watch it over and over. so i want to see what will 2008 will be for me.
  • The adventures of the great hero Darkwing duck.

This is without doubt one of the greatest cartoons ever! It really makes you wish for the old days back when they had decent shows. I really wish they show this again on Toon Disney, instead of the other junk.(Not all not all it shows but there are some they just need to get rid of.) And I really don't understand why this got I canceled in the first place! I heard some of the story lines planned for season four and they sound really great. So why did they cancel it!? I don't care how old I get I still love the show.It's not too corny or over-the-top, but has a lot of humor and some heart to it. I give it five stars.
  • Darkwing Duck is a super hero but he is also Drake Mallard a father to Gosolyn. Darkwing with his sidekick Launchpad McQuack are out to stop the villans from ruling over st canard.

this show was great it's a shame that it was taken off air but for those who watched this show it is realeased on DVD now all i got to do is find it! I miss this show so much i wish Disney had a retro channel so that they could put all of these cartoons on there so they could be seen again.
  • In a word -- fabulous!

A hidden gem of Disney, Darkwing Duck is a true classic. The characters, from our caped crusader to the various villains, are memorable and entertaining. I used to watch this show religiously, and now nearly thirteen years later, I am still a devoted fan and would like to see it revived in some form of another.
  • I waisted many childhood seconds watching this show, all I can say is... time well spent!

This show stands out of my mind when I think of all of my childhood shows it had so many memrioable characters, Darkwing, Launchpad, Gauzland, Megavolt, Nega Duck, etc. (I can't believe I remembered all of that). This is part of Disney's classic cartoons, unlike a lot of the crap that they are showing on today's cartoon channels.

It can have those stupid funny moments, that you feel that something was really cheesy, but you laugh anyways. It had it's part of memoriable action scenes too.

An episode that always stands out in my mind is the one where the villians team up on darkwing and give him a run for his money.

Go watch it now, kids will love it, fans will remember old memories, and newbies will see a forgetten classic.
  • Funny cartoon series from Disney

Darkwing Duck was one of my personal favorites. I really miss seeing it. It is now out on dvd, thank goodness. Now I can once again get my Darkwing Duck fix. This show had some of the most outlandish and funniest characters. Darkwing Duck is kind of like a Donald Duck attempting to be Batman. He has a lot of gadgets and the will to do good, but is clumsy and does tend to miss some of the obvious clues. Launchpad McQuack is his sidekick and Gosalyn is his adopted daughter. My favorite villain of the series would have to be Megavolt. I miss this show.
  • This is my review for Darkwing Duck. I hope everyone agrees with my on this...

This one heck of a show to watch! It is a cartoon that is full of comedy as well as action. I enjoyed this cartoon ever since I saw it on TV. It is about a caped superhero named Darkwing Duck, who saves the city of St. Canard from the forces of evil. He saves the day, alongside with his stepdaughter Goslin and pilot Launchpad Mcquack(yes, THE Lauchpad McQuack, from "DuckTales"). If you think the heroes are cool, wait until you see the villans; the villans include: Negaduck, Mega-Volt, Quackerjack, Bushroot, The Liquidator, Steelbeak, and Taurus Bullba. I enjoyed this show so much I bought the DVD set not too long ago. Nuff said.
  • A Disney superhero like none other!

If there is one superhero which we can associate to Disney, that's Darkwing Duck. This cartoon series is one of the best cartoon series of the 90's, all because it combines a great and tender story, with lots of humour, not to mention a great voice cast. The show tells us the story of Drake Mallard, who happens to be the protector and guardian of the city of St. Canard. Along with his sidekick (who makes his second appearence in a cartoon series), Launchpad McQuack, his daughter Gosalyn and her best friend Honker Muddlefoot, and his girlfriend Morgana McCawber, he protects the city of St. Canard from every single bad guy there is. The villains are all inspired by villains from the stories of Spider-Man, but mostly from Batman, who Darkwing is inspired in. It only had 3 season (3 long seasons), but every episode is worthy of having the Disney name imprinted in it. 10 out of 10!
  • My favorite show as a child...

Darkwing Duck had to be my favorite TV shows as kid. I remember sitting waiting for it to come on in my purple cape and hat.

Darkwing Duck I'll admit is a kids cartoon, but some of the humor in it is more for older audiences. For example there are alot of pop-culture references within the show. Just check the episode titles, I'm sure you'll spot a similarity between some of them and various movies.

I absolutely loved this show and still do. When I heard that Disney was releasing it on DVD I just had to have it.
    Unfortunately thus far they have only released the first season and I have heard nothing about the second.

Hopefully it'll be out soon.
  • Lets get dangerous, Darkwing Duck, go darkwing, go darkwing, go(LOL)I Loved this show

Yeah a personal favorite of mine, I grew up on this show, watched it all the time, wish I could watch it now, I miss this show and all the other good cartoon shows that I grew up on. You had to like Darkwing duck, whats there not to like?......he is a hero saves the day, takes care of his child that gets in his way sometimes but the action in the show was funny and great to watch. If I could I would replace one of the cartoons we have now for a new revised Darkwing Duck if I could, you would of enjoyed it and so would the kiddies.
  • Woop woop. This was just about the best a disney series can be. It actually had funny jokes, but eh... everything has gone downhill since the ninties. THIS SHOW IS THE BEST.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Y E S! This is amazing, astounding, exhilirating, comedic and most of all...... DARKWING. YAY! DVD! Better than any disney I've yet to see, I am the terror that flaps in the night, I am the surprise in your cereal box. I am DARKWING DUCK. Okay well this show was just flatout incredible. Darkwing is the best superhero since well uhhh superman? Anywho, It was a great show with some great characters and plots. Too bad they had to cancel that. I just wanna thank Gizmoduck for stopping in from Duckburg. Say hi to Scroogie! Sorry in advance if I cause any contriversy.
  • This was a great parody of Batman.

Think about it, Dark-Wing, Night-wing. Its very unique and clever. Disney did a great job on this one. I can watch this series over and over again. I deserved another season, but at least it got to 91 episodes, which was a nice # of episodes. If you can get your hands on a copy of these episodes, do so NOW!
  • Disney don't make kids shows like this anymore (and it's a darn shame!)!!

In the 80s and early 90s, Disney were pretty good at making Saturday morning kids cartoons. Ducktales, Chip’n’Dale: Rescue Rangers, Tailspin, etc, were all gold. Darkwing Duck, however, sticks out in my mind as both a childhood favourite and a fantastic cartoon! It was a darker show than Ducktales, the show it was sort of a spin off from(not too dark, of course. This is Disney!), and gave the impression that it had been made to pick up where Ducktales left off, as its audience got older. It took place in a world that mixed the (comparatively) ordinary 'Duckberg' with comic book fantasy akin to that of Gotham City in Batman to create a clever and fresh take on the superhero mythology in the city of St Canard. Darkwing Duck himself is clearly a Batman wannabe, and the various villains that he does battle with are very reminiscent of some of the most prolific comic book villains (Quackerjack = the Joker, The Liquidator = Hydroman, etc), which makes this show great for comic book fans, and adds an extra dimension to the humour. Far from being a shining example of purity and truth, however, Darkwing Duck is everything we don't expect our hero to be - vain, egotistical, arrogant, impatient, stubborn, and did I mention vain? And 9 times out of 10, his initial motive for taking a case is for glory, not justice. Yet, somehow he manages to win every viewer over.

Jim Cummings gave one of the best performances I've heard in a cartoon like this with his wonderful portrayal of Darkwing and his alter ego, Drake Mallard. His over-the-top "I am the terror that flaps in the night" speech made me smile every time. He deserved an Annie for it, he really did. Terence McGovern
    and Christine Cavanaugh
    gave really strong support as well, voicing Launchpad (of Ducktales fame) and Gosalyn, Darkwing’s dim-witted sidekick and boisterous young daughter. The rest of the supporting cast featured performances from the likes of Tim Curry as Taurus Bulba, and Dan Castellaneta
    (Homer Simpson himself) as Megavolt. As well as a turn from Phil Hartman as Paddywhack.
    The writing was solid as well, doing justice to the fine acting work that brought it to life. Storylines often revolved around some variation of the 'villain is out for world domination' plot, chock full of pop culture references from Bambi to Twin Peaks! I didn't even get a lot of the jokes until I re-watched it very recently. It was fantastic.

Darkwing Duck was cancelled just before its forth season (episodes had already been written!) due to a contract re-negotiation, and it was really only just getting going. Recent plots had proved that the writers had quite a few more tricks up their sleeves, and there were rumours of the return of some villains not seen since season one. It was a tragedy it was cancelled when it was.

Disney need to look at the shows they're making today and ask themselves, seriously, "How did we get from that to this?" If you missed it as a kid (or at all), check it out, if you saw it, look it up. It's great!!
  • A cool cartoon!

Like I said before, I've seen many cool Disney cartoons a long time ago. And Darkwing Duck is one of them.

Now, because I no longer have Darkwing Duck episodes recorded on VHS, I can't say very much, but I will say what I can say.

I've seen it sometime in the late 1990's. It became one of my favorite cartoons back then along with The Aladdin Series and The Hercules Series.

I like the cool moments this cartoon had. And it's humor.

I like the characters in this show. Like Drake Mallard, aka Darkwing Duck. He's really funny. And I enjoy his moments of when he "Emerges from the smoke". And I really liked his catchphrase.

I enjoyed some of the villians, too, like Megavolt for example.

Now, I enjoyed the theme song for this cartoon. I think it's just awesome. I like to play it over and over again. And this is one of the theme songs that is way better than the theme song for Wizards Of Wavery Place.

I haven't watched any Darkwing Duck episodes in a long time, but I am going to watch them on youtube one day.

Anyway, for that, Let's Get Dangerous!
  • Winged Avenger

This is another relic from my childhood and even by todays standards it's still pritty damn funny. This show was both a parody on comic book superheroes mainly "Batman" but also acted as it's own entity.

The animation I think is very good, the character look good as usual but I really like how they animated St. Canard mainly in nighttime sequences which gave it sort of that noir feel. The music as well I thought the theme song was pritty memorable if not catchy.

But most importantly the characters and content. This show has both well conceived protagonists and villians. Protagonists: Drake Mallard/Darkwing Duck: He's just a great character. In a way his character reminds me of Jack Burton from "Big Trouble in Little China" like him he's a hero/superhero but he's not very good. For one thing, Darkwing when he got into the hero business he did it for the wrong reasons, he did it for fame. And even though he can take action his execution isn't always on the mark because most of the time the villians tend to get the drop on him in a fight. He does have the right additude and spirt but he doesn't always know when to just keep his mouth shut and fight. He's arrogant, egotistical, short tempered. However the qualities about him are his reasons for doing what he does become more, like "Batman" he knows martial arts though he doesn't always use it a lot which is strange and a minor complant I have with the show. He doesn't use guns (ones with bullets I mean), he is inventive he uses whatever gadgets and vehicles he has just to get a step ahead of the game my favorate was always the gas gun he had all different kinds of gas which I think is cool. He is very smart (even though he does tend to make bad choices sometimes) and uses his wits and injinuity. And he does do the right thing whenever he wants to or not as well as learns to swallow his ego and pride when he needs to which helps him become more sensitive to others as well as do his job right. Even supporting chracters are great like Launch Pad whom is still well Launch Pad if you ever seen "Ducktales" though he doesn't crash planes in this show. Morgana, she's a great fem fatale as well as an intersting significant other for Darkwing, she's sort of a parody on the Scarlet Witch character from "The Avengers" as well as TV horror show host Elvra Mistress of the Dark. She uses magic, intuned with mystisism, very helpful to Darkwing when needed, feisty, has a short temper when her feelings get hurt in some way and I really like the chemestry between Darkwing and her which is both sweet and funny.

Villians also great and memorable, My favorate is Negaduck whom is an antisthisis to Darkwing. Like Darkwing he's short tempered and just as inventive as Darkwing, however this guy is insane. He doesn't just threaten lives of innocent people but he threatens the lives of villians as well. For example, when the team of supervillans refuses to work for him he then takes out a chainsaw and is attempting to kill them all unless the reconsider right now. I couldn't help but crack up because it was blackly hillarous and rather daring because I hardly see supervillans do that whenever they reach disagreement.

But what makes this show really stand out is the writing and scripting. This show has some really clever and smart humor. Some of it might go over the heads of kids or those inexperenced with comics. But for teen and adults and if your experenced enough with comics you will be able to catch it. From some of the in jokes/homages to other comics, parodying on certain cleches in comics like for example Darkwing always making a speach as he makes an entrence which is common in most comics at the time which I personally always thought was stupid because it seems like the villain would have enough time to get the drop on the hero which they do on the show and I always crack up when Darkwing can never finish his speach. Down to just witty dialog and daring humor which has resulted in some rather memorable moments and lines. One of my favorates lines was when Darkwing whips out the gas gun "Suck gas evil doers." I know sounds cheasy which is why it's fun and funny. But also what I like is each of the character actually do grow and develop a little as the series progresses, which is something I rarely saw in animated cartoons at the time. I loved that because it made them feel actually three dimentional. There are even some episodes that can be rather dark, take almost an unfun turn, even almost invoke emotion, which I'm glad cause it shows this show plays for keeps. Like my favorate episodes were one where Darkwing actually dies and is a ghost to help Launchpad and Goslyn which I though was emotional, another where Darkwing goes to an alternate universe where Negaduck is supreme ruler and has to get help from a Fantastic Four like team, as well as my farovate a parody on Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" where Gosyln goes to the future only to see a darker version of her dad Darkwing now called Dark Warrior.

I've said enough "Darkwing Duck" soars.
  • Here's a show, I grew up with.

It was a weekday afternoon, school was out, did I go out and play, no. I turned on the Disney Afternoon, and watched great shows such as Darkwing Duck. This show is classic to me, I really hope a DVD will come out one day for it. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
  • The perfect show for any fan of superheros or Disney animation.

Darkwing Duck was a cartoon based on a clumsy superhero. The show had a Duck Tales feel to it yet it was still original. This classic show was on weekday mornings and it brings back many memories of getting ready to go to school! This show was not on as long as some of the other Disney original cartoon series but any fan of the disney or superhero genre will have a lot of fun with this show.

If you end up liking Darkwing Duck you will probably enjoy Disney's Duck Tales, Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers, Gummy Bears, or Goof Troop.
  • Another great Disney cartoon.

This is a good show that Disney has made. It's about a superhero named Darkwing Duck who fights crime and saves the day from Saint Canard. Characters include Gosslyn who is Drake Mallard's (Darkwing Duck's secret identity) adopted daughter and Launchpad McQuack (previous character from DuckTales) is known as Darkwing Duck's sidekick and helps Darkwing on his adventure. Other characters include Honker Muddlefoot and his family in which Drake Mallard absolutly hates, Stegmutt the Dinosaur, Morgana, Gizmoduck (another character from DuckTales) and a whole lot more. This show has some mysterious but often silly villians such as QuackerJack, MegaVolt, Jambilia Jake, and many more villians. The show is full of action and silly adventures that I give this show a good score. If only it didn't end with a cliffhanger just like what happened in Sonic the Hedgehog SatAM.
  • Darkwing Duck is a really funny show.

This show had it all: Humour, action and ocassional horror. The villains were much better than in other Disney shows, speaking of other Disney shows, this was much darker than anyone have ever seen come from Disney's television outings before. That's because the villains were much more sinister, sometimes interested in killing people, and some villains pulled it off. Bushroot killed Dr.Gary and Dr.Larson, and Steelbeak killed several S.H.U.S.H. agents. My favorite villain is probably Liquidator, but the other ones in "The Fearsome Five" are also very cool. Not to mention Taurus Bulba, Steelbeak and Moliarty. Negaduck is probably the most twisted one and the funniest one, the way he just snaps, wielding his chainsaw every now and then. I liked the villains in this show more than the ones in DuckTales, they're more colourful. The voice acting is superb, Jim Cummings, Dan Castellaneta, Michael Bell and many other great voiceactors. Too bad this is yet another one of those shows that basically ends with a cliffhanger that won't be resolved, don't you just hate those?
  • Darkwing Duck is the embodiment of what we all strive to attain just like he does - recognition, love, and personal achievement.

How is it that a vain duck can capture an audience back in the 90's? It's very rare that a satirical Disney character like Darkwing Duck catches my attention ever since their current downward spiral to nothingness. However, I don't think it would be fair to compare it to some of the Disney cartoons nowadays (which are few and awful to say the least) like The Emperor's New School - need I say more?

I understand where Disney was going when they created Darkwing Duck. Here's a vainglorious mallard that seems to barely touch the skirt of fame. Despite their other stereotypical heroes, DWD was an underdog of the best sorts, and it touches upon playful satire of the comic heroes of its days. I sometimes wonder with deep curiosity how DWD would be like if it were developed in today's society, influenced by culture, counter-culture, and political issues. It probably wouldn't be as successful.
  • Launchpad Mcquack is Darkwing and Gosalyn´s friends

Launchpad Mcquack´s friends are:Scrooge Mcduck,Huey,Dewey and Louie Duck,Gyro de Gearloose,Doofus Drake,Webby Vanderquack,Gizmo Duck/Fenton Crackshell,Drake Mallard/Darkwing duck and Gosalyn Mallard.His rivals are:Taurus Bulba,Magica de Spell,the Beagles Boys,Flinheart Glomgold,Nega Duck,Bushroot,The Liquidator,Quacker Jack and Megavolt. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  • A Disney animated series about the crime-fighting masked mallard with his good old sidekick and his adopted daughter.

Darkwing Duck was one of the most amazing animated series I have ever seen ever since I was a little girl. I would give up anything to bring it back. Heck, it should have been made into a movie, too, and I would go see it with my family, too. I wish there was a fourth season; it isn't fair that it had to be cancelled. In other words, this was one of the best action-packed adventure I have ever seen in my evtire life. I miss good old Darkwing Duck. I am sure that he is still getting dangerous inside my heart.
  • Let's get dangerous!

I finally got to see some of these episodes for the first time in years! It's just as awesome as I remember it! I used to watch it ALL the time and thought it was so funny. The theme song is very catchy and I still remembered it after all these years.
  • Take a gander at the main page ;)

This show was awesome! I loved everything about it... a hapless hero, a kind hearted yet simple sidekick and killer villians. It was the perfect spoof of Batman and you could not help but fall in love with the series! Who could resist the constant battles of Darkwing Vs. Megaduck or the one sided rivalry of Darkwing and Gizmoduck? This show rocked!!!
  • negaduck VS darkwingduck history

when darkwingduck and negaduck where young they had the same parents only negaduck whas he's evil brother and always whas jalous bout darkwingduck and you maybe wonder how i know these stuff well i'm going to tell you now you have darkwings adopted child can't remember her name tho anyway she and her friend with the glasses are in the future and they asked to an old man were darkwing duck came from because darkwing just showed up one day on earth so they wondered and they saw someone whas cleaning so they asked him because they sawed he's statue and the old man starts telling about the past from darkwingduck and were he came from when darkwings and negaduck were young they lived on a planet called ..... can't answer that one to bad anyway they lift on an other planet and things were going wrong on that planet because he's evil brother negaduck they were always fighting so negaduck pulled out the plugs from a machine so the whole planet would explode to bad it exploded but for darkwings sake he's parents putted him into a rocket and blowed him straight to earth but for negaduck it whas to late the planet exploded ..... you must think negaduck whas dead no negaduck took advantage of the opportunity and also fly with darkwing but darkwingduck duck doesn't know so their final stop whas in the mountains thats were negaduck dissapeared and started training but darkwingduck to so darkwing lived with the monks and they helped him with he's fighting training and build up skills and after years of training he went to a town kinda nice tho so he started working in shops so he could buy he's house and then he started living after that but there whas one thing darkwing didn't know that he had A BROTHER !!!!!! he forgot about he's brother so things were getting interresting when he whas getting older he decided to start helping people by getting a hero for them good you think... NO !! WRONG thats when troubles came up he's brother revealed himself and started to make troubles in the city because negaduck whas robbing banks and had friends that are not so friendly but darkwing duck has a friend thats called turbo and he's smart not so smart with thinking but making machines and stuff that darkwingcan use so darkwing whas going to fight the crime and clean the city and so he started living and after that alles darkwing dies on a viral hart disease and nega duck whas counting he's old days after all things were solved by darkwingduck OUR HERO and after hearing that story darkwings daughter and he's friend were amazed and they started wright story's about him so darkwing won't be forgotten and thats the end of darkwing's past and negaduck
  • Let's get dangerous!

I really thought this show rocked.It even went to Europe it was so great! *sigh* All they have now on Disney channel is "What's The Buzz On Maggie" and "That's so Raven" horseshit! Disney or cartoon network needs to bring this back to life. It was too cool. The episodes all had cool plotlines.The Nega Duck was the coolest villain Darkwing duck had to fight.
  • Simply wonderful...return it at once!

This show was simplistc and yet it was brilliantly funny. I still wish that it still on television. I think we can all relate to those good old days when we'd watch this show on Saturday mornings with a bowl of cereal and a grin on our faces. And so I say to the folks at Toon Disney, be so good as to cancel the rubbish such as Digimon and Power Rangers, which have absolutely nothing to do with Disney and restore this show to its former glory!
    I say to all fans, why not bring it back? Ratings matter less than the fans!
  • I'm the terror that flaps in the night...

Darkwing Duck is a classic disney cartoon, with its antics, unforgetable characters and catchprases, I watched it all the time even when I had toon disney. I like the fact that they used launchpad, only cartoon charcter that was used in more then one disney cartoon.Darkwing Duck was one of those clumsy superheroes that always messed up but somehow all ways got the bad guy... of course it probably helped that some of then where just as clumsy as he was.
  • Awesome!

Another great Disney 90's classic, with a gret blend of a kiddie adventure and adult humor. I like Gosalin,too(who else noticed it was Chuckie from Rugrats?)If for no other reason i love this show for it's theme song-who could forget this awesome ska number-

Daring duck of mystery
    Champion of right
    Swoops out of the shadows
    Darkwing of the night
    Somehwere some villian scemes
    But his number's up
    3! 2! 1!
    Darkwing Duck
    When there's trouble you call D.W.
    Lets' get dangerous
    Darkwing, Darkwing Duck

A cloud of smoke and he appears
    The master of suprise
    Who's that cunning mind behind
    The shadowy disguise
    Nobody knows for sure
    The bad guys are outta luck
    Here comes Darkwing Duck
    When there's trouble you call D.W.
    Let's get dangerous
    Darkwing Duck
    Better watch out you bad boys!
    Darkwing Duck

• In my view this was one of the best old shows that they put on Toon Disney. The characters were funny,the villains were equally hilarious,and it was never the same old plot used over and over again like most cartoon shows nowadays.Toon Disney should reall

Oh man this is a show Toon Disney really should put back on their channel and should get rid on Jetix on toon Disney and leave it on ABC Family. Darkwing Duck was a combination of action,cartoon wackiness and great characters.Toon Disney should really put this show back on air.
< 1 2