Darkwing Duck

ABC (ended 1992)

Zanshinkyo

Darkwing Duck Fan Reviews (57)

• One of the greatest Disney cartoons ever made.

As my title says, Darkwing Duck is one of the greatest Disney TV cartoons to ever be made, along with Kim Possible and Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers. It came out at a time when Disney TV was incredible. With shows like Chip n Dale, Ducktales, Talespin, and Goof Troop running alongside it, I couldn't wait to get home from school, or waking up early on Saturday morning, to watch these shows. They were all great, but Darkwing Duck was the best of these cartoons. It just had some of the best plots I've ever seen on Disney TV.

The show's characters are so cool and funny, Darkwing (or Drake Mallard) is such a cool hero. He does a great job fighting crime, but he's also pretty comedic when while he's fighting. That makes him a very cool kind of hero. Launchpad, who funny enough was also in Duck Tales, is the funniest character in the show. He's just the perfect goofy sidekick. And Gosalyn is a sweet, if a bit hyper, character, who helps fight the bad guys, even making her own secret identity at some point. Speaking of the bad guys. Most of the main criminals are cool and funny also. Especially Nega-Duck, who is pretty bad for a Disney TV bad guy. He is extremely crafty and also pretty dangerous. He's one of the best things about Darkwing Duck. Mega Volt and Quackerjack are also pretty good villains.

This show also had something that most Disney shows of the late 2000s lack, genuine emotion. It knew how to balance out the humor with some genuinely heartfelt scenes, like with Darkwing and Gosalyn. Seriously, Disney Channel used to be amazing, with shows like this, Kim Possible, Even Stevens and That's So Raven. Now its just being used as a marketing channel for shitty sitcoms, that star shallow characters and horrible singers. Yeah I'm talking about you Hannah Montana and Shake It Up. Anyway, Darkwing Duck is one of the greatest cartoons ever. It's a show that is entertaining for any age, and it should definately be watched. If you've never seen it, I highly recommend it.