Darkwing Duck

ABC (ended 1992)

Zanshinkyo

Darkwing Duck Fan Reviews (57)

• One of the greatest Disney cartoons ever made.

As my title says, Darkwing Duck is one of the greatest Disney TV cartoons to ever be made, along with Kim Possible and Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers. It came out at a time when Disney TV was incredible. With shows like Chip n Dale, Ducktales, Talespin, and Goof Troop running alongside it, I couldn't wait to get home from school, or waking up early on Saturday morning, to watch these shows. They were all great, but Darkwing Duck was the best of these cartoons. It just had some of the best plots I've ever seen on Disney TV.

The show's characters are so cool and funny, Darkwing (or Drake Mallard) is such a cool hero. He does a great job fighting crime, but he's also pretty comedic when while he's fighting. That makes him a very cool kind of hero. Launchpad, who funny enough was also in Duck Tales, is the funniest character in the show. He's just the perfect goofy sidekick. And Gosalyn is a sweet, if a bit hyper, character, who helps fight the bad guys, even making her own secret identity at some point. Speaking of the bad guys. Most of the main criminals are cool and funny also. Especially Nega-Duck, who is pretty bad for a Disney TV bad guy. He is extremely crafty and also pretty dangerous. He's one of the best things about Darkwing Duck. Mega Volt and Quackerjack are also pretty good villains.

This show also had something that most Disney shows of the late 2000s lack, genuine emotion. Seriously, Disney Channel used to be amazing, with shows like this, Kim Possible, Even Stevens and That's So Raven. Now its just being used as a marketing channel for shitty sitcoms, that star shallow characters and horrible singers. Yeah I'm talking about you Hannah Montana and Shake It Up. Anyway, Darkwing Duck is one of the greatest cartoons ever. It's a show that is entertaining for any age, and it should definately be watched. If you've never seen it, I highly recommend it.
  • A Disney superhero like none other!

If there is one superhero which we can associate to Disney, that's Darkwing Duck. This cartoon series is one of the best cartoon series of the 90's, all because it combines a great and tender story, with lots of humour, not to mention a great voice cast. The show tells us the story of Drake Mallard, who happens to be the protector and guardian of the city of St. Canard. Along with his sidekick (who makes his second appearence in a cartoon series), Launchpad McQuack, his daughter Gosalyn and her best friend Honker Muddlefoot, and his girlfriend Morgana McCawber, he protects the city of St. Canard from every single bad guy there is. The villains are all inspired by villains from the stories of Spider-Man, but mostly from Batman, who Darkwing is inspired in. It only had 3 season (3 long seasons), but every episode is worthy of having the Disney name imprinted in it. 10 out of 10!
  • Winged Avenger

This is another relic from my childhood and even by todays standards it's still pritty damn funny. This show was both a parody on comic book superheroes mainly "Batman" but also acted as it's own entity.

The animation I think is very good, the character look good as usual but I really like how they animated St. Canard mainly in nighttime sequences which gave it sort of that noir feel. The music as well I thought the theme song was pritty memorable if not catchy.

But most importantly the characters and content. This show has both well conceived protagonists and villians. Protagonists: Drake Mallard/Darkwing Duck: He's just a great character. In a way his character reminds me of Jack Burton from "Big Trouble in Little China" like him he's a hero/superhero but he's not very good. For one thing, Darkwing when he got into the hero business he did it for the wrong reasons, he did it for fame. And even though he can take action his execution isn't always on the mark because most of the time the villians tend to get the drop on him in a fight. He does have the right additude and spirt but he doesn't always know when to just keep his mouth shut and fight. He's arrogant, egotistical, short tempered. However the qualities about him are his reasons for doing what he does become more, like "Batman" he knows martial arts though he doesn't always use it a lot which is strange and a minor complant I have with the show. He doesn't use guns (ones with bullets I mean), he is inventive he uses whatever gadgets and vehicles he has just to get a step ahead of the game my favorate was always the gas gun he had all different kinds of gas which I think is cool. He is very smart (even though he does tend to make bad choices sometimes) and uses his wits and injinuity. And he does do the right thing whenever he wants to or not as well as learns to swallow his ego and pride when he needs to which helps him become more sensitive to others as well as do his job right. Even supporting chracters are great like Launch Pad whom is still well Launch Pad if you ever seen "Ducktales" though he doesn't crash planes in this show. Morgana, she's a great fem fatale as well as an intersting significant other for Darkwing, she's sort of a parody on the Scarlet Witch character from "The Avengers" as well as TV horror show host Elvra Mistress of the Dark. She uses magic, intuned with mystisism, very helpful to Darkwing when needed, feisty, has a short temper when her feelings get hurt in some way and I really like the chemestry between Darkwing and her which is both sweet and funny.

Villians also great and memorable, My favorate is Negaduck whom is an antisthisis to Darkwing. Like Darkwing he's short tempered and just as inventive as Darkwing, however this guy is insane. He doesn't just threaten lives of innocent people but he threatens the lives of villians as well. For example, when the team of supervillans refuses to work for him he then takes out a chainsaw and is attempting to kill them all unless the reconsider right now. I couldn't help but crack up because it was blackly hillarous and rather daring because I hardly see supervillans do that whenever they reach disagreement.

But what makes this show really stand out is the writing and scripting. This show has some really clever and smart humor. Some of it might go over the heads of kids or those inexperenced with comics. But for teen and adults and if your experenced enough with comics you will be able to catch it. From some of the in jokes/homages to other comics, parodying on certain cleches in comics like for example Darkwing always making a speach as he makes an entrence which is common in most comics at the time which I personally always thought was stupid because it seems like the villain would have enough time to get the drop on the hero which they do on the show and I always crack up when Darkwing can never finish his speach. Down to just witty dialog and daring humor which has resulted in some rather memorable moments and lines. One of my favorates lines was when Darkwing whips out the gas gun "Suck gas evil doers." I know sounds cheasy which is why it's fun and funny. But also what I like is each of the character actually do grow and develop a little as the series progresses, which is something I rarely saw in animated cartoons at the time. I loved that because it made them feel actually three dimentional. There are even some episodes that can be rather dark, take almost an unfun turn, even almost invoke emotion, which I'm glad cause it shows this show plays for keeps. Like my favorate episodes were one where Darkwing actually dies and is a ghost to help Launchpad and Goslyn which I though was emotional, another where Darkwing goes to an alternate universe where Negaduck is supreme ruler and has to get help from a Fantastic Four like team, as well as my farovate a parody on Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" where Gosyln goes to the future only to see a darker version of her dad Darkwing now called Dark Warrior.

I've said enough "Darkwing Duck" soars.
  • Darkwing Duck is a really funny show.

This show had it all: Humour, action and ocassional horror. The villains were much better than in other Disney shows, speaking of other Disney shows, this was much darker than anyone have ever seen come from Disney's television outings before. That's because the villains were much more sinister, sometimes interested in killing people, and some villains pulled it off. Bushroot killed Dr.Gary and Dr.Larson, and Steelbeak killed several S.H.U.S.H. agents. My favorite villain is probably Liquidator, but the other ones in "The Fearsome Five" are also very cool. Not to mention Taurus Bulba, Steelbeak and Moliarty. Negaduck is probably the most twisted one and the funniest one, the way he just snaps, wielding his chainsaw every now and then. I liked the villains in this show more than the ones in DuckTales, they're more colourful. The voice acting is superb, Jim Cummings, Dan Castellaneta, Michael Bell and many other great voiceactors. Too bad this is yet another one of those shows that basically ends with a cliffhanger that won't be resolved, don't you just hate those?
  • A cool cartoon!

Like I said before, I've seen many cool Disney cartoons a long time ago. And Darkwing Duck is one of them.

Now, because I no longer have Darkwing Duck episodes recorded on VHS, I can't say very much, but I will say what I can say.

I've seen it sometime in the late 1990's. It became one of my favorite cartoons back then along with The Aladdin Series and The Hercules Series.

I like the cool moments this cartoon had. And it's humor.

I like the characters in this show. Like Drake Mallard, aka Darkwing Duck. He's really funny. And I enjoy his moments of when he "Emerges from the smoke". And I really liked his catchphrase.

I enjoyed some of the villians, too, like Megavolt for example.

Now, I enjoyed the theme song for this cartoon. I think it's just awesome. I like to play it over and over again. And this is one of the theme songs that is way better than the theme song for Wizards Of Wavery Place.

I haven't watched any Darkwing Duck episodes in a long time, but I am going to watch them on youtube one day.

Anyway, for that, Let's Get Dangerous!
  • I waisted many childhood seconds watching this show, all I can say is... time well spent!

This show stands out of my mind when I think of all of my childhood shows it had so many memrioable characters, Darkwing, Launchpad, Gauzland, Megavolt, Nega Duck, etc. (I can't believe I remembered all of that). This is part of Disney's classic cartoons, unlike a lot of the crap that they are showing on today's cartoon channels.

It can have those stupid funny moments, that you feel that something was really cheesy, but you laugh anyways. It had it's part of memoriable action scenes too.

An episode that always stands out in my mind is the one where the villians team up on darkwing and give him a run for his money.

Go watch it now, kids will love it, fans will remember old memories, and newbies will see a forgetten classic.
  • The adventures of the great hero Darkwing duck.

This is without doubt one of the greatest cartoons ever! It really makes you wish for the old days back when they had decent shows. I really wish they show this again on Toon Disney, instead of the other junk.(Not all not all it shows but there are some they just need to get rid of.) And I really don't understand why this got I canceled in the first place! I heard some of the story lines planned for season four and they sound really great. So why did they cancel it!? I don't care how old I get I still love the show.It's not too corny or over-the-top, but has a lot of humor and some heart to it. I give it five stars.
  • Funny cartoon series from Disney

Darkwing Duck was one of my personal favorites. I really miss seeing it. It is now out on dvd, thank goodness. Now I can once again get my Darkwing Duck fix. This show had some of the most outlandish and funniest characters. Darkwing Duck is kind of like a Donald Duck attempting to be Batman. He has a lot of gadgets and the will to do good, but is clumsy and does tend to miss some of the obvious clues. Launchpad McQuack is his sidekick and Gosalyn is his adopted daughter. My favorite villain of the series would have to be Megavolt. I miss this show.
  • Another great Disney cartoon.

This is a good show that Disney has made. It's about a superhero named Darkwing Duck who fights crime and saves the day from Saint Canard. Characters include Gosslyn who is Drake Mallard's (Darkwing Duck's secret identity) adopted daughter and Launchpad McQuack (previous character from DuckTales) is known as Darkwing Duck's sidekick and helps Darkwing on his adventure. Other characters include Honker Muddlefoot and his family in which Drake Mallard absolutly hates, Stegmutt the Dinosaur, Morgana, Gizmoduck (another character from DuckTales) and a whole lot more. This show has some mysterious but often silly villians such as QuackerJack, MegaVolt, Jambilia Jake, and many more villians. The show is full of action and silly adventures that I give this show a good score. If only it didn't end with a cliffhanger just like what happened in Sonic the Hedgehog SatAM.
  • best cartoon and best story and best crime series

hi i am 21 and i watch Disney channel since 1993 and yeah i remember the time we need to order disney channel to watch for one year and that when the magic and that when i got in love with disney. i know the show but never had chance to watch because it air when i am in school and yeah i was 6 year old i watch goof troop and aladdin and mickey mouse and more and i still remember the line up for it. i miss all my shows so much. this show is amazing great cartoon and best crime and i will watch it over and over. i think they need to add more villeins in show. but still i love it. if they bring this show back on tv i will wake up like how i always wake up in morning when disney channel was full of magic. when i watch goof troop i sing with it and laugh so hard and eat breakfast. i am big disney fan. then i stop watch disney channel and toon disney for 2 years. when 2006 start i got directv in march 2006 and then i watch toon disney and disney channel then when sept 2006 hit i was searching threw my tivo and finding what new and back on tv and i found buzz and timon and mermaid on sept 6 yeah i was happy then so on search more and more i found goof troop back for one day and then other series to. then they brought goof back so good now i still watch it over and over. so i want to see what will 2008 will be for me.
  • My favorite show as a child...

Darkwing Duck had to be my favorite TV shows as kid. I remember sitting waiting for it to come on in my purple cape and hat.

Darkwing Duck I'll admit is a kids cartoon, but some of the humor in it is more for older audiences. For example there are alot of pop-culture references within the show. Just check the episode titles, I'm sure you'll spot a similarity between some of them and various movies.

I absolutely loved this show and still do. When I heard that Disney was releasing it on DVD I just had to have it.
    Unfortunately thus far they have only released the first season and I have heard nothing about the second.

Hopefully it'll be out soon.
  • Darkwing Duck is a super duck here that is also Drake Mallard a father to Gosalyn, his daughter. Darkwing has a sidekick named Launchpad McQuack who is a little crazy!

6.1
    Darkwing Duck is a super duck here that is also Drake Mallard a father to Gosloin, his daughter. Darkwing has a sidekick named Launchpad McQuack who is a little crazy! Darkwing's favorite saying is, "Let's get dangerous!" But he is very over-protective of his daughter Gosalyn. Sorry if I spelled that wrong it's a hard name! Anyway, I love the episode where Gosloin and her friend get stuck in an art museum. It's not only funny, but so crazy! Gosalyn ends up traped in a painting because of a magic paintbrush! I really hope this show comes back soon!
  • Love it!

Whenever I tell someone that I like this show the only ting I usually get out of them is, "Wow, that's an old show." It may be old, but it's got class. This is Disney gold in more ways than one. I love the fact that Darkwing is raising an adopted kid on his own, which shows heart for something on Toon Disney these days. I also love the variety of villans. The oddest one is when he fights, you know, the devil himself. It feels like a REAL victory for right and the good in the world. My personal favorite villan is Quackerjack because he's delightfully insane. This show is definately worth giving a try, at least.
  • "I am the terror that flaps in the night...!"

How can anyone not like a show whose hero spouts his own narrative? Combining elements of "The Shadow", "Batman", and "Inspector Gadget", this show had a marvelous cast of characters, interesting plots, and, most importantly, enough "adult" humor and dialogue to keep parents watching with their kids! The art work, theme song, good guys, bad guys, and everything else, were well conceived and executed. Do you know why shows like this are hard to come by, in any form (book, TV, movie, theatre...)? It's because they are hard to conceive and harder still to execute! (okay, maybe that was a bit redundant, but, you get the idea!). Thank goodness they made him speak clearer than Donald! ; ) Anything bad about it? I think the "Justice Ducks" gimmick, which imitated the DC Comics' "Justice League..." was pushed a little too often (though I liked the aural pun of "Just Us Ducks"!). But, other than that, I didn't have a problem with it! (I didn't give it a "10" because nobody's perfect!) ; )
  • Darkwing Duck is a super hero but he is also Drake Mallard a father to Gosolyn. Darkwing with his sidekick Launchpad McQuack are out to stop the villans from ruling over st canard.

this show was great it's a shame that it was taken off air but for those who watched this show it is realeased on DVD now all i got to do is find it! I miss this show so much i wish Disney had a retro channel so that they could put all of these cartoons on there so they could be seen again.
  • Lets get dangerous, Darkwing Duck, go darkwing, go darkwing, go(LOL)I Loved this show

Yeah a personal favorite of mine, I grew up on this show, watched it all the time, wish I could watch it now, I miss this show and all the other good cartoon shows that I grew up on. You had to like Darkwing duck, whats there not to like?......he is a hero saves the day, takes care of his child that gets in his way sometimes but the action in the show was funny and great to watch. If I could I would replace one of the cartoons we have now for a new revised Darkwing Duck if I could, you would of enjoyed it and so would the kiddies.
  • Darkwing Duck is the embodiment of what we all strive to attain just like he does - recognition, love, and personal achievement.

How is it that a vain duck can capture an audience back in the 90's? It's very rare that a satirical Disney character like Darkwing Duck catches my attention ever since their current downward spiral to nothingness. However, I don't think it would be fair to compare it to some of the Disney cartoons nowadays (which are few and awful to say the least) like The Emperor's New School - need I say more?

I understand where Disney was going when they created Darkwing Duck. Here's a vainglorious mallard that seems to barely touch the skirt of fame. Despite their other stereotypical heroes, DWD was an underdog of the best sorts, and it touches upon playful satire of the comic heroes of its days. I sometimes wonder with deep curiosity how DWD would be like if it were developed in today's society, influenced by culture, counter-culture, and political issues. It probably wouldn't be as successful.
  • Launchpad Mcquack is Darkwing and Gosalyn´s friends

Launchpad Mcquack´s friends are:Scrooge Mcduck,Huey,Dewey and Louie Duck,Gyro de Gearloose,Doofus Drake,Webby Vanderquack,Gizmo Duck/Fenton Crackshell,Drake Mallard/Darkwing duck and Gosalyn Mallard.His rivals are:Taurus Bulba,Magica de Spell,the Beagles Boys,Flinheart Glomgold,Nega Duck,Bushroot,The Liquidator,Quacker Jack and Megavolt. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  • SINGED, but triumphant!!!!

AMAzing alll I have tto say, hilarious, darkwing duck was just palin fun, I loved it, you wiill like the characters, and love darkwings oneliners. every episode is pretty much the same thing over and over, but still I had no problem with it, if a formula aint broke then dont fix it. I am just going to try and waste words now to make it to 100. LLl l l l l l l k k l o u h h i h i h vg ty gt yu g uy hg u g y gf y guy gy gyu g
  • When Disney use to be great.

Before Disney has its ups and downs, they use to show great animated cartoons, most of them simply original and some inspirational. Darkwing Duck is no exception in their work of line-ups.

The show, which is somewhat of a satire to the hero genre, revolves around hero wannabe Darkwing Duck, otherwise known as Drake Mallard, who protects the city of St. Canard from diabolical villains such as Megavolt, and gains help from courageous Gosalyn and his sidekick Launch Mcpad.

If only Disney could pull off a similar move like they did with this show...
  • This is my review for Darkwing Duck. I hope everyone agrees with my on this...

This one heck of a show to watch! It is a cartoon that is full of comedy as well as action. I enjoyed this cartoon ever since I saw it on TV. It is about a caped superhero named Darkwing Duck, who saves the city of St. Canard from the forces of evil. He saves the day, alongside with his stepdaughter Goslin and pilot Launchpad Mcquack(yes, THE Lauchpad McQuack, from "DuckTales"). If you think the heroes are cool, wait until you see the villans; the villans include: Negaduck, Mega-Volt, Quackerjack, Bushroot, The Liquidator, Steelbeak, and Taurus Bullba. I enjoyed this show so much I bought the DVD set not too long ago. Nuff said.
  • Although it was entertaining as a child, watching DW over again as I'm older doesn't prove to be as entertaining

I am the terror that flaps in the night! I am the cramp that ruins your form! I am... DARKWING DUCK!

Darkwing Duck was probably my favorite show when I was about 10 years old. I loved the humor, the exaggerated characters, and best of all, DW's punch lines that changed each time he said them. Looking back, the show isn't all that great.

First of all, the animation seems really dated now that I look back. I'm used to seeing really tight and crisp animation on today's cartoons, and that simply isn't present in Darkwing Duck. I would be able to ignore this flaw if the content was entertaining, but it isn't anymore.

Darkwing's jokes are dull, and the humor isn't what it used to be when I was a kid. It's too exaggerated and childish. If you want to watch really funny cartoons, stick with The Simpsons (the good seasons), South Park, and Family Guy. They're much better.
  • "Let's get dangerous." Disney surely doesn't make 'em like this anymore!

Darkwing Duck is another one of my childhood memories that Disney actually did right. Darkwing was a great Disney hero that, although quite clumsy at points, was able to live up to being "the terror that flaps in the night" very often. The villains were great and creative that even the quirkiness they sometimes showed wouldn't leave you tuned out at all. I liked Megavolt best, he looked cool and was menacing when he had to be.
    The theme song was also pretty catchy and Launchpad made a great supporting character. Didn't really like the Muddlefoots though. Top notch voice acting, good animation, and the ensemble of characters made this show great. I even still love the phrase, "Let's get dangerous." Although I'd still say Gargoyles is Disney's best cartoon, let alone the best cartoon ever, Darkwing Duck will always remain one of Disney's elite cartoons. So, go ahead and enjoy it, you'll never see any more stuff like this from Disney.
  • Childhood memories

I remember this show from when I was little also. I was watching this about the same time I was watching DuckTales. Both shows had the character Launchpad the pilot. I can't remember Darkwing's real name... I remember his adopted daughter's name though, Goslen. When Toon Disney came out I was excited because I got to see some of my favorite cancelled shows, which included DarkWing. Toon Disney's changed since then however, so I guess DarkWing is just something that will remain off the air, even from a channel that was meant to be made for toon reruns.
  • I never know why Darkwing Duck was an important account than i was young but after a few years now i realised his success.

This show celebrating yet his 15th birthday this year was a very enjoyable and entertaining series for old and youngs. One of my favourite characters of the series was of course Lunchpad, a re-used character from the cult series "Ducktales". Like the series of this years, it was a mix of action and comedy with a bit of moral values. It was also a shame to don't like this series because it's so original and more innovative than the crappy and ugliest cartoon shows air today like "Brandy & Mr. Whiskers". Ijust mean that Darkwing Duck is one of most spectacular animated Disney shows ever created and nobody told me the otherwise.

Yes. Other great Disney show of the glorious days of the cult block The Disney Afternoon
  • Darkwing Duck is about a generic, anthromophoric super hero who strikes fear in the hearts of all his enemies...too bad the media doesn't take him seriously.

Darking Duck is out on a quest to become St. Canard's biggest hero, it's too bad that the media doesn't acknowledge his constant assitance, which is one of the reasons why I love Darkwing so much. Because he's proving himself to be a hero.

You can recognize certain famous super villains and super heroes inside these characters, making it a parody of super hero lore. The satire regarding towards comic book heroes is quite clever and the writing is superb. Although there are at times where they could've done better. But then again, not even Disney is perfect.

Darkwing Duck is a classic and I'm glad I purchased the DVD.
  • Let's get dangerous, DW!

Cartoons didn't get much more entertaining than this. The duck angle was so cool b/c of course it made it more accessible to the younger kids, but it was still a crime fighting comedy. The hijinx in this cartoon was classic- especially between the lead Darkwing and Launchpad McQuack. In my older years, I see the parallel between these 2 loveable, goofy ducks and many other buddy cop dramas and comedies that come out in the movies-the show was that ON! And the tie-in using Launchpad in this cartoon and also in Ducktales, genius. I really miss good cartoons like this.
  • A Disney animated series about the crime-fighting masked mallard with his good old sidekick and his adopted daughter.

Darkwing Duck was one of the most amazing animated series I have ever seen ever since I was a little girl. I would give up anything to bring it back. Heck, it should have been made into a movie, too, and I would go see it with my family, too. I wish there was a fourth season; it isn't fair that it had to be cancelled. In other words, this was one of the best action-packed adventure I have ever seen in my evtire life. I miss good old Darkwing Duck. I am sure that he is still getting dangerous inside my heart.
  • Woop woop. This was just about the best a disney series can be. It actually had funny jokes, but eh... everything has gone downhill since the ninties. THIS SHOW IS THE BEST.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes Y E S! This is amazing, astounding, exhilirating, comedic and most of all...... DARKWING. YAY! DVD! Better than any disney I've yet to see, I am the terror that flaps in the night, I am the surprise in your cereal box. I am DARKWING DUCK. Okay well this show was just flatout incredible. Darkwing is the best superhero since well uhhh superman? Anywho, It was a great show with some great characters and plots. Too bad they had to cancel that. I just wanna thank Gizmoduck for stopping in from Duckburg. Say hi to Scroogie! Sorry in advance if I cause any contriversy.
  • This was such a great show!

This show was great! Everything was right about it! I also loved the fact that Launchpad was in it, giving it more plus points. Also, I loved Darkwing's character. He was a bit cocky but I just loved his attitude. "Let's get Dangerous", one of my all-time favourite lines from a cartoon series. The plots were cool, and I loved the episodes with Nega-Duck in them. The Darkwing/Nega clash rocked! This was a fantastic sequel to the previous hit "Ducktales" and this really lived up to the name!

It's a shame we don't have original and funny shows such as this one much anymore.