Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines

CBS (ended 1971)

Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines Fan Reviews (4)

7.7
  • This show along with the Perils of Peopole Pitstop is a best spin-off show of the Wacky Races.

This show is perfect with two exceptions. 1 Why does Cluck always invents places? 2 The general. Why don't we ever see him in person? Also his voice is Bothersome. Sure the voice actor is not bad. But the voice it's self is bothering me whenever I hear it. 96/100 Awesome.
  • A bumbling team, a mission and a lot of determination! Stop that Pigeon!

This is definitely one of the best cartoons ever produced by Hanna-Barbera. The way they managed to put two of their best characters of one of their best show, mainly Wacky Races, in it without altering their essence is amazing. Dastardly and Muttley, now joined by Zilly and Klunk, form the Vulture Squadron, and try to figure out a way to grab Yankee-Doodle Pideon, who carried secret messages throughout the world. One of the greatest things about this series was the humour, and also the planes they used in their attempts to capture Yankee-Doodle Pigeon. Some were quite spectacular, while others were quite ridiculous. Another great thing about this series was the fact of Muttley having his own cartoon segment, entitnled "The Magnificent Muttley", where he day-dreamed adventures, in which he was the hero and Dastardly was the villain. A great show indeed! Long live Dick Dastardly and Muttley and the Vulture Squadron!
  • Dick Dastardly and his band of villanous kooks try their best to capture the flying pigeon.

This was one show that always had me in splits!

Dick Dastardly and the hapless Vulture Squadron were all such nincompoops that you couldn't help but laugh at them.

What I loved about the show was three things -

1) Klunk and the way he came up with these fantastic flying machines episode after episode. It was always fun to se what he would invent next.

2) Zilly and how scared he was. It seemed he was even scared of his own shadow. I would love howDastardly would yell at him and he'd just quietly slink into his clothes and slip away.

3) And the best part of the show - The irrepressible Muttley. His snickering was enough to make me burst out laughing. It always seemed to me that he was laughing at Dick andthe others because they were such bufoons.

I wish this show had gone on!
  • Muttley:Best of Show

"Dastardly and Muttley in their flying Machines" is a spin off from the "Wacky Races" and although it not as good as "the Wacky Races," it had it moments. Muttley is the best thing of the series. He outshines the other characters of the show. the series takes plkace in World War One,(I think it's World War One unless I'm wrong) and the skies a ablaze with oplanes lead by Dick Dastardly to shot dow a bird that is carrying important papers to the allies. Like I said before it's not much of a series, but it was Muttley who is top dog. there is one joke in the show that didn't go well for me. And it involves a Barn Dance. You don't want to hear the punch line.