Davey and Goliath

(ended 1975)

mrdivot

Davey and Goliath Fan Reviews (2)

7.2
  • This series was a chidhood favorite.

As a chidhood favorite this TV show had something that Tv shows now days do not have at all innocence, morals, and life lessons. I loved the claymation. Also the pet effect that added his talking dog. In this stop-action animated series, young Davey Hansen and his best friend (and dog) Goliath live ordianry suburban American lives. In each episode, Davey and Goliath experience some form of moral conflict either in themselves or in their friends. Drawing upon the guidance of his parents, his teachers, and his own religious beliefs, Davey doesn't always do the right thing, but he does always come away from the experience having learned valuable moral and life lessons.
  • One of the strangest shows I have ever seen.

When I was little, we used to go visit my aunt on the weekends. She was cool. We'd watch bowling, roller derby and monster movies.

And then, this came on.

Far from achieving the effect of teaching me anything, the show was actually frightening. The music was rambling and off-key, the boy and his dog seemed to wander off and nearly get killed in almost every episode, and the lessons centered around the need to absolutely obey everything you were ever told.

I bet a lot of people are in therapy over this.

Now, I do like claymation, but that's no reason to put up with this mess. At least 'Gumby' was funny every so often.
SOAC