Davey and Goliath

Six - Seven - Six - Three

Aired Unknown Feb 23, 1961 on

• This episode encourages children that a mark of identity should be obeyed if required by law. Too much like the Mark of the Beast.

1.3
    I wrote the following in an email to DaveyAndGoliath@elca.org.

Dear Brethren in Christ,

Today I was sitting with my grandson watching Davey and Goliath on TBN. For years your program has held a warm place in my heart because I watched this program when I was a young boy and I have always been pleased how Davey and Goliath communicate Christian values. However, today I was quite disturbed. Your episode titled, "Six-Seven-Six-Three" is too close to what the Bible calls the mark of the beast. Now I am sure that this email is not the first email you have received and though the theme of this episode communicated the necessity of telling the truth and obeying the law, I do not think it is appropriate to communicate to children that it is alright to get tattoos, especially if they are used in identification. Can you not see how this episode encourages our children to get a "mark" when they are older? I have trusted Davey and Goliath all of my life, but I am now going to be more discriminating.

It is my suggestion that you removed this episode from your ministry library and never show it again, less your ministry contributes to the education of children that receiving a mark of identity that has been made law, cause these children when they are adults, to accept the mark and be condemned. As it says in Revelation 14:9-11

"If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand, he, too, will drink of the wine of God's fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. He will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment rises for ever and ever. There is no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and his image, or for anyone who receives the mark of his name." This is not as far off as you may believe. Here are two links from the Internet that reference the announcement that this technology is already being used.

Admonishingly

Bruce Nutting

p.s. Just want you to know that I only recently found out about this type of invisible ink tattooing and the fact that I saw this episode of Davey and Goliath today, compelled me to write this email.
WTBY