Dawson's Creek

A Perfect Wedding

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Apr 28, 1999 on The WB

• Joey's father is in town and he needs her help to cater a wedding.

"A Perfect Wedding" had the perfect ending. The ending to this episode just makes this episode one of my favourite episodes. I love all the events leading up to Abby's death. It's shocking how her character falls off the tower, and the drowns. What makes her death even greater is that none of the characters like her. Anyways, I like how Joey doesn't really know how to react to her father being back in town, and I like she explains how she's feeling about everything to her dad. I also like how Jack is able to convince that woman to get married in 5 minutes, while Dawson tried 20 minutes. I give this episode a 10/10 for the brilliant shocking ending.
  • Dawson and Joey kiss.

Joeys dad is back in town. He is released from jail and Joey doesn't know how to deal with that. She confides in Jack for this. Dawson gets worried because the stuff she used to confide in him for she is now turning to Jack. At the end of the episode we see Joey and Dawson say "I Love You" to eachother and they kiss. Andy doesn't like wedding so Pacey makes her be a waitress and he tries to show her good weddings can actually be. When telling Pacey why they are so bad she knocks over the top half of the wedding cake. They try to make it look as good as it possibly can. When trying to make it better the brides tells them that the top half of the cake is the most important part of the cake and she is going to eat it on her 1 year anniversary. This adds more pressure to them. In the end the cake ends up looking not half bad. Jen tells Aubrey that the most fun she has had in a long time has been with her. So she asks to hang out with her. They crash the wedding party and Andy asks them to leave. They do so but before they leave they grab a bottle of alcohol and walk out the door. Jen and Aubrey are complaining while drunk and Aubrey sits on the railing overlooking the creek. Seh looses her balance and falls into it. Jen runs over and jumps in right after her to try and save her. She was to late. We see the ambulance zipping up the bag with Aubrey in it. They leave the episode drifting away from Jen crying while the ambulance is driving away. That probably will teach he to not drink again. End of episode.
  • This is one of my favorites.

I think this episode is great, the drama does not feel forced, which has always been a problem with DC, but do it well in this episode.

As sappy as it is, the Joey / Dad storyline gets me every time, it just feels natural, as odd as that is for Dawson's Creek, it really does.

The Abby / Jenn [spoiler] storyline is IMPORTANT AS HECK, but sad too, because I LOVED ABBY, i mean, i really did. I feel like the series lost something when she went away, something that they never got back. Jenn needed Abby, and it was sad when she was gone.

Great episode, a classic.